LifeWay Christian Resources Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Thom S. Rainer

Pros
Cons
  • Very low pay for what you are expected to do (in 13 reviews)

• Not much room for advancement and a well-endowed good 'ol boy system plague people in middle management (in 6 reviews)

1. "productive work environment"

Current Contractor - Java Developer in Nashville, TN
    Current Contractor - Java Developer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifeWay Christian Resources as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I have learned how to work in a team. All of my team members are very helpful and made the work environment very enjoyable without any disturbances.

Cons

I feel everything is good

"It was challenging and team-oriented, with lots to learn about the book making process from a design standpoint."

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Nashville, TN

I worked at LifeWay Christian Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team work and learning to work with new materials and in new processes. The people you meet are genuine, friendly and wanting to help you grow as part of the team

Cons

Tight deadlines with little to no margin for error once books are sent to the printer. The sheer workload sometimes eclipses the need for quality work done in a methodical and well-reviewed way.

Advice to Management

I always felt a bit micro-managed with little room to explore/try things/make mistakes and learn from them-mostly because of the thin margin for error and the intense deadlines and pressure of the workload

3. "Overall great employer"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifeWay Christian Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome co-workers
    Excellent quality of work
    New workspace coming soon
    Remote work flexibility

Cons

Low pay
    Multiple situations with managers lying
    People are hired who are obviously unqualified
    It's sometimes difficult to feel appreciated as an employee (low raises/bonuses)

Advice to Management

Give credit and appreciation to lower level employees when they do the work instead of claiming credit for yourself.

5. "Corporate"

Current Employee - Corporate Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Corporate Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifeWay Christian Resources full-time

Pros

Great people. Great environment. Employees are treated with great respect. Thankful to be here now and in the future. Can't wait to get to our new location.

Cons

The transition time to a new headquarters brings additional stress and work. I do appreciate though how our leaders are communicating and working with us during this time.

Advice to Management

Keep moving us forward. Keep being change agents. It's really unbelievable how far we have come in the past few years.

"It's rewarding work, but you're expected to maintain an unreasonable pace."

Current Employee - Video Producer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Video Producer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifeWay Christian Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are of the company's faith, it's an excellent place to work and be surrounded with like-minded people. They also have good benefits.

Cons

The greatest challenges are poor inter-departmental communication, harsh and sporadic budget cuts, and inconsistent regard for the employee. You are asked to work long hours and produce quick turn around on many projects.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to invest more in their employees. Not with perks or higher salaries, but with training, trust, and meeting needs for the employee to successfully do their job.

7. "Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifeWay Christian Resources part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with working with your schedule, great work environment, typically very sweet customers, nice coworkers who are pretty chill, etc.

Cons

Too focused on selling and plus sales at times. Not enough pay. Nonetheless, very thankful for the job.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on Christ. Don't forget that it's all about Him. Try to relax a little bit regarding image, sales, and business.

8. "Great company, welcoming changes to work environment"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifeWay Christian Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open to changes in workplace norms, including working from home and new facilities.

Extremely skilled and qualified employees.

Cons

Too many middle management employees/meetings/redundancies.

Advice to Management

Fine-tune operations by reducing excess employment.

9. "Good People, High Quality of Life"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN

Pros

Management treats people like people, and are there to support. There is a lot of trust that runs both ways, and it makes the environment and quality of life very good. Remote work policies are surprisingly progressive, and coworkers are eager to teach and support employee development.

Cons

Overall compensation could be higher, but benefits are good. Company is not growing, and employees tend to stay for large portions of their careers, so don't expect rapid upward mobility

Advice to Management

Keep moving things in a positive direction

"So glad to be free!"

Former Employee - Management in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Management in Nashville, TN

I worked at LifeWay Christian Resources (More than 8 years)

Pros

Store environment was family like.

Cons

The pay, the demands, the metrics that needed to be met, the unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Get rid of some of upper/middle management.

11. "Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifeWay Christian Resources part-time

Pros

Everything at LifeWay depends on being in the right department. In my department, there are a few people I really like and that makes this job so much more fun. Everyone at LifeWay is really nice, from what I can see, and the pay is decent.

Cons

It's a huge company, so if you want a small company where you know everyone, this is not your job. It's also hard to be creative because we have a very specific audience, so that can be challenging.