Lifeline Youth and Family Services Reviews

Updated May 26, 2020

3.9
Lifeline Youth and Family Services CEO Mark W. Terrell
Mark W. Terrell
Pros
  • "flexible schedule, great mission; professionalism; great place for an entry level position as well as advancement; grow with the company(in 13 reviews)

• "A great faith based organization that allows you to make a difference in the lives of young people(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Social work is not lucrative, but it pays the bills(in 7 reviews)

• "Must be able to practice self-care and maintain a positive work-life balance to succeed(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Faith Based Company who leads by example"

5.0

I have been working at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Coworkers, serving families, sense of family/community, training program, faith

Cons

You need to be an organized person and you will be successful

Lifeline Youth and Family Services2020-02-17

February 24, 2020Recruiter Coordinator

Thank you so much for your dedicated service and for this thoughtful review!

"Flexible Career"

Current Employee - Family Consultant

I have been working at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are offered along with MTO, PTO and tuition reimbursement. Flexible schedule, which is great when continuing education and having children. Supportive team members/leadership in our region.

Cons

Must be able to practice self-care and maintain a positive work-life balance to succeed. Insurance-the company does acknowledge the need to improve the benefit.

Lifeline Youth and Family Services2020-04-20

May 6, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you so much for your service and dedication to the families and communities we serve.

3. "Good employer"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Lifeline Youth and Family Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Values driven, good support, great training.

Cons

Pay was a bit low at that time

Lifeline Youth and Family Services2020-05-26
  4. "A company compatible with my mission and values serving a very rewarding population."

Current Employee - Regional Supervisor in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The number one factor is the company shares my overall values and mission in life. The company also works incredibly hard to support the employees. There is access to benefits and great training.

Cons

Sometimes there is a disconnect between mid-level management and front line operations.

Lifeline Youth and Family Services2020-05-13
  5. "Rewarding Service"

Former Employee - Family Case Manager in South Bend, IN

I worked at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working within this organization for many reasons. A couple being that management was supportive and caseload was flexible which worked well with balancing my personal life.

Cons

Involves a lot of transportation on personal vehicle

Lifeline Youth and Family Services2020-05-05

May 6, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your kind review, and service to our organization.

"Very Flexible, you get out what you put into the job"

Current Employee - Family Consultant in Terre Haute, IN

Pros

Make your own schedule Supportive environment (at least in region 8) Your pay is not based off of client compliance Your family comes first and everyone all the way up to the CEO will tell you that Weekly live webinars from the CEO communicating to the entire company about issues/solutions/suggestions and prayer. Quarterly bonus outside of your salary pay.

Cons

It becomes frustrating when/if you aren't able to meet your hours within your availability so you then have to arrange your schedule to be more open. There really aren't many cons, I mean it is social work, so of course the job itself of working with the clients isn't always a cup of tea. I do believe though that Lifeline cares a lot about their front line employees out in the field, I am always thanked for the work I do when talking to someone from the home office in Ft. Wayne, not that it is necessary but it is appreciated. Before the stay at home order was announced by the governor Lifeline was already implementing steps to move their front line employees virtual during the COVID-19 pandemic. That alone says a lot, I believe. They weren't just worried about the office jobs they were concerned about the people working one on one in the public as well. There is little room for career advancement but you do receive a quarterly bonus if you go above your expected face to face time with clients, which is an average of 20-25 hours with clients weekly so on a well filled quarter that is easy to exceed!

Lifeline Youth and Family Services2020-04-21

May 6, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time provide a review. We are always seeking opportunity to improve our programs, processes and standards to positively impact our employee experiences.

7. "Mostly positive"

Former Employee - Homebuilder

I worked at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid company to work for

Cons

Low salary and mileage reimbursement.

Lifeline Youth and Family Services2020-04-23

May 6, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

We appreciate your input and evaluation. We are continually reviewing our compensation programs for our field staff, to make effective improvements.

8. "Case Management"

Current Employee - Family Consultant in Lafayette, IN

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, Benefits, PTO/MTO,

Cons

Client Cancellations, Constant Change, No Community

Lifeline Youth and Family Services2020-02-28

April 9, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are always reviewing productivity and efficiencies in an effort to provide additional resources to support our team members.

9. "Too much expected of you"

2.0
    Current Employee - Family Consultant in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get a free work phone

Cons

Not stable enough people cancel it's your money lost

Lifeline Youth and Family Services2020-03-08

April 9, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to work o make improvements for our staff working in the field.

10. "Flexible, Purpose-Driven, Room to Grow, Faith-Based"

Current Employee - Clinical Supervisor in Evansville, IN

Pros

Culture is second to none, listens to feedback from staff, mission of the work we do--you can make as much difference in a client's life as the work you put in to do so

Cons

Insurance (but they continue to work to improve each year)

Lifeline Youth and Family Services2020-02-17

February 24, 2020Recruiter Coordinator

Thank you so much for the honest and uplifting review. We have been working hard to define our culture and make sure it aligns with our mission, vision, and values. We are always seeking opportunity for improvement, the information you provided is is very valuable and helpful.

Found 104 reviews