Lifeline Youth and Family Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 66 reviews

4.4
Lifeline Youth and Family Services CEO Mark W. Terrell
Mark W. Terrell
Pros
  • "flexible schedule, great mission; professionalism; great place for an entry level position as well as advancement; grow with the company(in 10 reviews)

• "Excellent support by supervisors, faith based organization, flexible hours, good training opportunities, amazing coworkers(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Therapist

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

You can create your own schedule. The “higher ups” in the company actually listen to feed back. Several opportunities to give feedback of how the company can improve. Pay is good. Paid time off is available (for some therapists if they don’t see clients for a week, they don’t get paid that week at all. That is NOT the case at Lifeline). There is also incentive pay, so your salary is not a fixed amount per se. You...

Cons

Working with DCS can be stressful; DCS often will have therapists work with families in order to “fish” for information, or to prove that the family shouldn’t have their kids. Building trust with clients under these circumstances can be extremely difficult. DCS also closes out cases before clients have made full recovery at times; clients may want to continue treatment with you as a therapist, but Lifeline currently does...

Advice to Management

More training geared specifically to therapists and developing clinical skills. Also, have a way for therapists to receive clients from sources other than DCS. Help therapists get paneled to be able to accept insurance once licensed.

August 29, 2018Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your valuable input. We are continually looking at opportunities to invest in our employees and enhance skill sets. This feedback is appreciated.

2. HBS Family Consultant/Chaplain

Current Employee - Staff Chaplain in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Christian caring environment changing lives. Job is based on your ability to have integrity and complete assignments. Good work buddies. You can create your own work schedule

Cons

Expect to work more than 8 hours some days and possibly evenings and weekends.

Advice to Management

Single out and reward individuals for teamwork and showing an authentic, creative and solid building work ethic. Give more positive feedback when you can because most people are hard on themselves and therefore others.

February 6, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your service and your feedback. We appreciate our employees and are working for new and innovative avenues to recognize and reward our field staff.

3. HMPA

Current Employee - HMPA in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture. Upper management makes an effort to listen to people. Regional management for my region is great.

Cons

The schedule can be challenging. Benefits are not great but much better than the last agency I worked at.

Advice to Management

Have upper management meet in the regions if possible. Do this casually and make sure people can say what they want.

January 2, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Your comments are greatly appreciated. So thankful for your feedback. We continue to seek opportunities to connect and engage with our team members throughout the state. Your suggestion will be shared and taken into consideration.

4. A great place to work.

Current Employee - Social Worker in Valparaiso, IN

I have been working at Lifeline Youth and Family Services part-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Lifeline takes care of their employees.

Cons

As a case worker you will have some sad times when working with families.

Advice to Management

Continue to value the employees and keep an open door.

November 30, 2018Vice President of Human Resources

We appreciate your input. We continually strive to make improvements for our employees.

5. Great Employer

Pros

Cons

Stressful at times due to type of services/clients that we serve

November 30, 2018Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Lifeline!

6. Program Support Specialist

Current Employee - Program Support Specialist in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The positive atmosphere, its a big family, excellent benefits (not just health), faith is prominent.

Cons

I dont make enough money to support my family without supplemental income.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the little people.

October 17, 2018Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you so much for your review. The details that you shared will be considered as we continue to evaluate our compensation and benefit offering.

Case manager

Former Employee - Case Manager in Evansville, IN

I worked at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

You are working to help those that have trouble helping themselves.

Cons

My manager was an egotistical narcissist who only claimed his Christianity. The company supported his behavior even though the majority of his staffcomplained. It wasn't until they completed a two year internal investigation that he was fired. But in the meantime they lost so many good case managers.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff. When you serve a county six hours away from hub, the staff has to be your eyes and ears. I quit but was written up as terminated. This kept me from ever being allowed to work here again. Sad because I loved my job.

October 23, 2018Vice President of Human Resources

Your review is appreciated. Employee feedback is important to us as we continue to improve our internal processes and develop our leadership.

8. Good work environment, little room to grow.

Current Employee - Program Support Specialist in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

All the people are friendly and easy to get along with, once a month free lunches, 403B match (though not stellar, at least average).

Cons

Pay, health insurance is expensive, little opportunity for growth.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, and pay the people doing a lot of work.

October 23, 2018Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are continuing to review compensation and growth opportunities for our team members, your input is valuable to us as we strive to make improvements.

9. Family Consultant

Current Employee - Family Consultant in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Able to work individually with clients and families, lots of support from co-workers and supervisors and therapists, somewhat able to set one's own schedule, lots of resources available online and through other Lifeline workers, strong camaraderie among staff members, help available in a number of avenues, trust felt from supervisors.

Cons

A lot of mileage needed, no compensation for wear and tear on car, not asked if one would like to take a specific referral.

Advice to Management

Continue giving respect and support as already shown but offer more compensation for mileage/wear and tear on car, incentives for FTF hours, offer hot spots for computers, offer FTF hours during required meetings, ask first if a worker would like to accept a referral.

October 23, 2018Vice President of Human Resources

We appreciate your review. We are working diligently to make continued improvements in our benefits and compensation packages for our team members.

Proceed with Caution, HR is heavily padding these ratings

Former Employee - Therapist in South Bend, IN

I worked at Lifeline Youth and Family Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I served side by side with some great people. The need in our area is tremendous and the work will always have some degree of internal reward if serving children and families is where your heart is. I left with ZERO complaints about the actual direct services.

Cons

Little to no managerial regard for the self-care of direct service staff. Questionably ethical business practices at all levels with intentionally few means for staff to provide feedback directly to upper management . Extremely under resourced with regards to clinical supervision leading to questionably ethical direct service practices. They appear to be leveraging Christianity to recruit altruistic staff while not actually...

Advice to Management

If you intend to honor Christ as an agency serving families in Indiana then may the Lord rebuke you towards change and a drastic reexamination of your mission and practices. If you are paying lip service to Christianity to profit from the servant hearts of church members then the Lord deal with you accordingly. Either way I would caution my church from partnering in any capacity with your organization.

Found 66 reviews