Lifetouch 842 Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lifetouch CEO Michael Meek
Michael Meek

Pros
Cons
  • Pay is low for the responsibilities and wear and tear on your car (in 28 reviews)

• Low pay; not ideal for the creative photog type as it is a corporate environment (in 50 reviews)

1. "Lifetouch is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

Pros

The people are great and the work day is never the same. There is always something new to learn or do. I feel like people in upper management listen to the employees that are working the front line of the business. Maybe everything is not implemented but jus the fact that I feel like my opinion is valued is important to me.

Cons

At times can be stressful. Working for a large company is sometimes not good because change is a long time coming. It took too long for Lifetouch to move to digital cameras and this has hurt business some.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it has been working for over 70 years.

2. "Lifetouch Photography"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Pros

Work with kids and great people. Plus you get to use state of the art photographic equipment and make great portraits.

Cons

Too much driving. We drive around the state of Arizona and parts of California. You have to drive your own vehicle.

Advice to Management

You need to work very hard and if you do that then you will have a great opportunity to advance.

"Good place to start out as a photographer or just to do something fun and get paid during the school season."

Former Employee - Photographer in Canyon Country, CA
    Former Employee - Photographer in Canyon Country, CA

Pros

The people are fun to work with, managers are understanding and reasonable, the job is easy, the pay is low but it is worth it because the job is fun.

Cons

There isn't too much room for advancement unless you are there forever. They pay isn't great and the benefits aren't really worthwhile.

5. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Photographer in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Photographer in Corona, CA

Pros

The people are very friendly. Helpful. Fun. Working with children in schools is lots of fun.

Cons

Sometimes changes aren't communicated well. Also, scheduling can be frustrating with other workers seen as "favorites" and scheduled more. I had to fight to get more hours. While my coworkers praised my hard work, management and schedule makers didn't quite see it.

Advice to Management

Be more fair in scheduling.

6. "Great company to work with."

Current Employee - Preschool Photographer in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Preschool Photographer in Orange, CA

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities; Reimbursement for milage; Drive time Pay included; Most afternoons off depending on schedule and drive time; Paid Seasonal meetings to get updates and training; Hotel reimbursement or Prepaid for overnight travel if required; lots of contests to enter within Lifetouch community; Good Insurance plan with dental; Can work concurrently with other subsidiaries inside Lifetouch;

Cons

Early mornings required (usually start at 6:30 AM); Drive times vary between 10 minutes and up to two hours one way depending on your schedule; Seasonal; Lots of paperwork; Sick leave is hard to get unless you have a doctor's note (This not a company you can just callout sick at the last minute!)

"Excellent Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being Employee Owned, Lifetouch National School Studios treats its employees well and has excellent benefits and opportunity for career development. The Employee Stock Ownership Program keeps all employees motivated to insure the company does well. There are hundreds of people that work for Lifetouch for greater than 15 years due to the great environment and substantial retirement benefits.

Cons

Lifetouch is a large corporation, but functions in many ways as a small company. This can make the coordination of work difficult.

Advice to Management

The company would benefit from standardization of process and the adoption of modern process on all levels.

8. "If was agreat learning experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They switched to digital as I started working and the transfer was so easy.

Cons

My position didn't become permenant evn though my results from customers were great.

9. "Manager"

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ESOP!!! You also have an opportunity to move into management and become one of the leaders if you invest the time and effort.

Cons

High turnover rate of excellent photographers is too high.... Even though the business is part time the company loses each time we lose an outstanding photographer!

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to show value to the front line team members who support and build the Lifetouch culture thru their performance!

10. "photographer"

Current Employee - Photographer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Photographer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun job if you like working with kids. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and my bosses alike. you get off pretty early in the day, and you have your summers off.

Cons

Very repetitive, you do the same thing over and over all day long. Seasonal job- no income during the summer. Your average day starts very early 6:00AM.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

11. "It was very professional , and a great network."

Former Employee - Warehouse Tech in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Warehouse Tech in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a great work envirement, great salary and retirement.

Cons

it can be very clickish and alot of politics.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work