Lifetouch Reviews | Glassdoor

Lifetouch Reviews

Updated June 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Pay is low for the responsibilities and wear and tear on your car (in 32 reviews)

• Low pay; not ideal for the creative photog type as it is a corporate environment (in 56 reviews)

"Higher Pay Would Have Kept Me"

Former Employee - Photographer, Assistant Manager, Manager in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Photographer, Assistant Manager, Manager in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Creative work environment
     Great for fun seekers

Cons

Highly stressful, especially when trying to do your best work
     You often stay later than expected, and sometimes you miss lunches
     Pay is not competitive

Advice to Management

Find a better strategy to get business beyond trying to work pull ins; most employees are overworked, and tired, and just resort to doing fake sittings to hit numbers. It ends up being a waste of photography space, and photographic paper

2. "Photographer manger/trainer/photographer"

Current Employee - Product Line Manager in Cranston, RI
    Current Employee - Product Line Manager in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Creative place to work, ESOP retirement, Pushes my abilities everyday to be a better photographer

Cons

So long days , when students do not do their part on confirming appointments

3. "A great environment where one is surrounded by individuals always interested in moving the company forward."

Former Employee - Engineer Supervisor & Senior Systems Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A motivated atmosphere that encourages everyone to be cognizant of the betterment of the company and its customers. The company is beginning to explore new ideas and ways of doing things.

Cons

The ever changing world of technology, especially social media posses significant challenges ahead in regards to the value of school pictures.

Advice to Management

Be more open to the idea of DevOps and all that it stands for, to truly realize its potential to streamline project work and reduce time to market.

4. "Fun environment"

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Muncie, IN
    Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Muncie, IN

I worked at Lifetouch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, energetic co-workers & administration.

Cons

Non-flexible scheduling. Outdated website, and software.

"Lousy pay"

Current Employee - Photographer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Photographer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice managers and ok work enviornment

Cons

Pay and travel compensation is a joke

Advice to Management

Pay your workers more

6. "Been with this employer for almost seven years"

Current Employee - Photographer in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Photographer in Providence, RI

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, decent hours, fun work,...

Cons

Can be stressful environments, situations, and time pressures. Sometimes expectations are unreasonable.

Advice to Management

Get sales managers to oversee more effectively. Concentrate less on bureaucracy and more on those who perform actual field work. Put those who make internal decisions out in the field ...look at what the competition is doing and make changes from the ground up.

"Not so great...."

Current Employee - Photographer in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Photographer in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun People to work with, flexible hours, great job for college student

Cons

No room for growth whats so ever and if they offer you something they don't pay you more. When I was hired I was told I would get a raise every season, that was a lie. You are going to put a lot of wear on your vehicle, comp for milage was changed without notice. Every season corporate says they redesigned the program to photograph more efficiently but in reality they want you to work harder and more for the same pay.

Advice to Management

Stop living in your make believe land and face reality, this company is dying out and if you don't evolve starting with employee values, its soon going to dye.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Retirement ESOP was a great feature to get me to come to the company and stay at the company.

Cons

Now I am not sure my Retirement will even be there when I turn 60 and can even get it. The company and management and executives have gone down hill. They are all out for themselves.

Advice to Management

Think about the company and not just yourselves!

9. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Lifetouch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, pretty fun job (get to look at cute baby or fun family pictures all day), managers are very nice and understanding and patient, give opportunities to teens who are just starting out (one of the few entry level jobs out there that actually don't require you to have certain years of experience before hand), also it's the kind of job where you can build multiple skills - build customer service skills (especially when interacting with frustrated customers), work at a cash register, answer phones, make appointments, do sales, etc.

Overall, I have grown a lot from this job, and I would do it again if I had the chance, since it taught me so much coming right out of high school.

Cons

not enough employees are hired/asked to come in during holiday season, given the work load, leading to delays, and frustrated customers, and lower sales, and all the blame falls on the employee. Please either spread out the appointments more, or hire more help. Also, very unfair to expect a high sales average of $80 per day, while there's always coupons online to get $4 sheets. The schedule is very unstable - as a part time employee, you might be asked to work around 5 to 10 hours per week only (even during these times you are on call, so you might not even get these) for the majority of the year, and then around 30 hours per week during November and December.

Advice to Management

Please spread out the appointments, with the current setup there's no way to avoid having major delays, especially during the holiday season. I believe this will increase sales as well, since often the customer is so frustrated, they just want to get out of there, and are in no mood to hear our sales pitch.

"No work life balance"

Former Employee - Photographer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Photographer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Lifetouch (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great, travel is fun and interesting, something different every day

Cons

Overworked, too many hours, poor pay, disorganized management

Advice to Management

Better scheduling, consult with employees more, be more organized