Find jobs for Keyholder

Found 9 of over 435 reviews

4.7
Lifeway Christian Resources President Ben Mandrell
Ben Mandrell

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lifeway Christian Resources and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Was an amazing experience

Jan 29, 2021 - Sales Associate/Keyholder
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Lifeway was amazing when the bookstores had been open. It was a great first job.

Cons

Low pay, but the mission outweighed that.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jan 27, 2021 - Keyholder in Tallahassee, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the company culture and the people I worked with! Great job overall.

Cons

No cons from me personally.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poorly Managed Company

Jan 16, 2021 - Keyholder
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mission and values are what the organization has going for it.

Cons

Poor communication, management, and out of touch with needs of employees. That’s at a high level, a case study could be conducted.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Life at Lifeway

Sep 22, 2020 - Keyholder/Manager On Duty
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful environment to work in as well as working with great people!

Cons

The physical stores closing and going to online only.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

It was a neutral experience.

Jun 21, 2020 - Sales Associate/Keyholder in Cleveland, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was able to work with some cool people and meet many nice customers.

Cons

There was poor management and horrible training.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ministry and relationships

Jun 8, 2019 - Sales Associate/Keyholder in Columbia, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interaction with customers and the opportunity to pray with them and meet needs with product has been the best part of working there.

Cons

Didn't pay as well as other Christian bookstores where I have worked. Instead of keeping ministry as priority decided without warning to eliminate physical stores and go online only.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Like it, Love it

Jul 17, 2015 - Keyholder in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the environment and encouragement to "get to know" your customer create a friendship rather than just "get 'em in and get 'em out". Being faith based REALLY does make a difference!

Cons

I have to say that some of the censorship is hard to understand, but I don't pretend to know everything about retail or the products they won't sell. I DO support their mission as a whole and believe in their goals.

1 person found this review helpful

Lifeway Christian Resources Response

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate the work you do to help us carry out of mission and provide "Biblical Solutions For Life."

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work

May 2, 2017 - Church Connect Specialist/Keyholder
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling, advancement opportunity if you want it, great environment, good customers (to an extent). Paid training.

Cons

Plus Sell aka Ministry plus, too much focus on Ministry plus numbers causes unrest among employees and makes for an uncomfortable and high pressure work environment. Too many policy changes and no real logical reasoning behind said changes. Training is very long and cumbersome with many stores unable to complete it by the deadline due to how much they cram into training. Corporate is out of touch with the retail stores and seems to make decisions that look good on paper but are HORRIBLE when executed in the store. Pay is lousy and not competitive. Bojangles and McDonalds hire less qualified people but pay about $1 more than we do starting out.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Only good thing was ministering to customers

Nov 27, 2017 - Keyholder in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about working there and the only thing that I liked was how you are able to help customers, and they trust you to tell you their testimony on very person issues. (Family deaths, sickness, drug abuse, marriage abuse, abuse.) I have worked there for almost 3 years l, and quitting was the best thing for me. Management didnt take me quitting lightly l, and were upset. But the toxic environment happening when the store manager wasnt there, and others ran the store was too much. I now have a better paying job, better hours thay are guaranteed. And God has blessed me with a Christian boss, and a great company who is absolutely caring, and give back to their community.

Cons

It's hard for the managers to listen to their employees Management doesn't want employees to have fun and go out together after work. They believe work and personal life shouldn't mix, and because of this they get involved in your personal life, not respecting privacy. Hours are always cut, it is rare to at least get 20 hours a week. Hours vary per week Low pay, you will start at state minimum. Management isn't held accountable for their actions. Hard for management to be humble

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews