KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.7
Lifeway Christian Resources President Ben Mandrell
Ben Mandrell

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lifeway Christian Resources and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful Job!

Jun 14, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible coworkers, great management, flexible schedule, fun job, nice customers, good and healthy environment

Cons

Did not really have cons

2. 4.0

Good place

Nov 19, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful team members and manager

Cons

Corporate went downhill. Very strict with dress code

3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company with good ethical leadership

Jan 17, 2021 - Retail Sales Clerk in Huntsville, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training offered in regular time increments

Cons

Was only able to work part time.

4. 5.0

Amazing Job

Oct 22, 2020 - Retail Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful Christian Environment with a great team of people to work with.

Cons

I have found no cons for working with LifeWay

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Review

Sep 18, 2020 - Retail Sales Associate in Springfield, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Christian Resource that offered prayer, helping individuals get plugged into a church, and biblical community.

Cons

LifeWay closed down all of their physical locations and became an online resource only.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Retail Associate

Jun 3, 2020 - Retail Associate in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible work environment. One of the best teams I've worked with. My coworkers and the management were excellent at their jobs and caring for their employees. It was so great to work with an incredible team and customers.

Cons

I don't have any issues, but I wish the retail stores didn't close.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Jul 15, 2020 - Retail Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive Christian environment, friendly staff, nice customers

Cons

Low pay, work nights, cleaning toilets,

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best Job Ever

Aug 23, 2016 - Retail Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Probably the greatest job I've ever had. Even after leaving my coworkers are my family! The only reason I left in the first place was because I moved away, but if I hadn't I would still be there. The management is great, and they're pretty tolerant with hours. When I was at work I never wanted to leave because the environment was very positive, especially for people who are new to retail jobs such as myself. They have such high standards for how their employees should interact with customers that I have benefited greatly in the jobs I've held since leaving.

Cons

None that I can think of honestly. It was a pretty straightforward job. If you're uncomfortable interacting with people regularly then I wouldn't apply here because employees are encouraged to talk customers on a deeper level than most retail stores.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Disconnect in One Lifeway

Aug 18, 2017 - Retail Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Privilege and imperative to provide biblical solutions to individuals and churches. Make a difference in local community. Many opportunities to engage hurting and searching people. Opportunities to provide discipleship resources for families and churches.

Cons

While corporate employees seem to be comfortable, employees whose job it is to actually put the resources in customers' hand are not paid a living wage or benefits. There is active policy to keep experienced employees (10+ years of ministry and Lifeway experience) from receiving benefits, hours, or wages. Current hiring structure favors no experience or community ties being hired into leadership positions, and the local church suffers from the lack of expertise. Training messages from the top reiterate the value of the well-trained, experienced, ministering employee, but actual practice and words from market and regional managers do not support the words.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Lots of good people, but leadership is struggling.

Aug 11, 2014 - Retail Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has a lot of good people; benefits are competitive; stores are closed on Sundays; core company values are strong. Sells solid products that are beneficial to customers.

Cons

Salaries are on the low end and raises are hard to come by; losing it's uniqueness - becoming more and more like regular retail, i.e. it's all about the numbers; leadership struggling to keep up with technology and changing retail environment; new retail leadership lacks the spiritual leadership of the previous leaders that built the company.

6 people found this review helpful

Lifeway Christian Resources Response

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for providing your feedback and advice. Our employees help make the mission of LifeWay possible as we seek to provide biblical solutions for life. We thank you for your time to share with us and we will relay the feedback/advice to those on the management team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews