Cover image for Lifeway Christian Resources

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Lifeway Christian Resources Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Aug 15, 2021

4.1
Lifeway Christian Resources President Ben Mandrell
Ben Mandrell

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and cutting edge tech(in 46 reviews)
  • "Many great coworkers(in 29 reviews)
  • "Healthcare and benefits are great and affordable.(in 26 reviews)
  • "The management is great, and they're pretty tolerant with hours.(in 18 reviews)
  • "centered management and business vision, kind and approachable managers, industry(in 13 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low paying and not enough hours(in 47 reviews)
  • "Low salary, really sales and profit driven, ability to minister has been minimized, management only talks about the numbers all the time, we used to have time for prayer but not any more, district directors.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Poor leadership from the vey top, Dr Rainer, all the way down.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Upper management poorly managed large projects(in 7 reviews)
  • "Also, management told me and my coworkers we would get a raise after six months and no one got a raise.(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lifeway Christian Resources and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee

Great people to work with but Management is awful.

Dec 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great people to work with -Great environment to work -You get to meet and help a lot of people

Cons

-No room for growth, where your at is where you will stay -Sexist environment towards men as there were many experienced men working there, but when a promotion is available its only given to women.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Apr 22, 2019 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people with which to work and serve

Cons

The hours can be long

3. Join the Lifeway Christian Resources team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

I really wanted to love it but it wore me down.

Jul 24, 2020 - Marketer
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people — decent pay — good benefits — very flexible with time off, work from home, etc. — understanding of family needs and priorities

Cons

— everyone is overworked. LifeWay is notorious for laying off team members and dumping their work onto others without evaluating if those projects should continue and without increased pay for those receiving more work. — constantly changing priorities. I’m all for rapid testing, but that’s not what takes place. LifeWay panics when numbers don’t look good and forces their marketing teams to implement new strategies before they ever have an opportunity to see impact from the previous strategy. Publishing and product teams are forced to rapidly create or recreate new products to meet the bottom line, but they fail 95% of the time because the development was rushed and the marketing teams are too overwhelmed to launch them properly. — many department directors have no business experience. They are previous ministry staff with no understanding of business principles or how to lead a team of professionals. —data and analytics are a joke. The systems are outdated and none of them talk to each other. Finance teams are constantly reporting different revenue numbers than marketing teams. There is always a glitch to fix. Getting customer data is nearly impossible. The team is severely understaffed. — the company has not had a CMO for as long as I’ve been there (though they are currently searching for one). There is only one leader in marketing and really only the curriculum teams report or communicate with him. He’s a good leader but cannot possibly be a consultant for every product line. —there is no CRM tool which is unfathomable for a company this size with so many B2B customers. There is also no sales team which means that marketing teams (4-7 people) are responsible for finding leads, nurturing them, acquiring them, providing product training and retaining acquired customers often times for several product lines. — diversity is considered more than it used to be in staffing, culture and products, but if often reads as forced and disingenuous. — some teams are not supportive of women in leadership.

8 people found this review helpful

Lifeway Christian Resources Response

Thank you for your contribution to LifeWay and for taking the time to share about your experiences working with us. LifeWay values creating a healthy, uplifting work environment for all our employees. We have shared your comments with leadership and will further discuss how we can make progress in the areas you referenced. Thanks again for your honest feedback.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Director, Infrastructure Services

Oct 19, 2015 - Director in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with. Great business/mission ideal

Cons

Lack of product vision for the future

Lifeway Christian Resources Response

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are hopeful for the future and what God has planned for us.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sadly so mistreated

Jul 12, 2021 - Ccs
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with great people at the local level Sharing about Christ

Cons

Company could care less about their employees

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Former Assistant Manager Looks Elsewhere

Nov 20, 2017 - Assistant Manager in Katy, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great associates working to help people and churches with biblically based materials.

Cons

Grouchy, hostile manager of <3 years makes for a difficult work environment.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great popple to work with

Sep 23, 2013 - General Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

limited advancement opportunities for long term employees.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great modern tech stacks

Apr 18, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and cutting edge tech

Cons

Lifeway will never consider itself a technology company

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was good while in college.

Jun 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people were great! I enjoyed going to work and sometimes people would come in who were having a bad day and you are able to make an impact in there day.

Cons

The pay is not great, but again I was working part time while in college.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

VERY Impressed

Oct 14, 2019 - Financial Support Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) AMAZING work-life balance with working from home/anywhere up to 2 days a week. 2) Great community of people who care about you beyond work and a place for newcomers to feel welcome no matter what. Very helpful coworkers, senior analysts, managers, etc. 3) Solid pay for the support analyst role! 4) Chapel twice a month at work. This isn't mandatory but it's super nice to have a built-in message and time to reflect on our daily lives together.

Cons

Not a ton of room for upward growth in the Financial Analyst world, but anything could happen.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Lifeway Christian Resources Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Lifeway Christian Resources? Share Your Experiences

Lifeway Christian Resources logo

Lifeway Christian Resources Careers

Cover image for Lifeway Christian Resources

The ministries of Lifeway Christian Resources have been centered in Nashville, Tennessee, since its founding in 1891. Today Lifeway's...More

• Careers
  • Values
  • History of Lifeway

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

400 days ago

Company News
"As the world emerged from the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021, Lifeway helped churches regain a sense of normalcy while also equipping them for the future. “Lifeway saw many churches joyfully re-engage in ministry activities in 2021 that had to be sidelined or altered for a season due to the pandemic,” said Ben Mandrell, Lifeway president and CEO. “At the same time, churches are also evaluating their next steps. Throughout this past year, Lifeway has continued to strategically adapt to meet the needs of today’s churches while also positioning them for future ministry.” Continue reading: https://blog.lifeway.com/newsroom/2021/12/20/lifeway-helps-churches-return-to-normalcy-in-2021/
Shared image - Lifeway helps churches return to normalcy in 2021
Lifeway helps churches return to normalcy in 2021
blog.lifeway.com

449 days ago

Product News
Lifeway recognized on Newsweek’s Best Online Shops 2022 List Lifeway Christian Resources has been recognized on Newsweek’s list of Best Online Shops 2022. Lifeway landed at No. 5 in the category of media (e.g., books, CD, DVD, software). Lifeway CEO Ben Mandrell said the entire organization is excited to be recognized as a top e-commerce site. “This recognition reflects the hard work by our IT and Marketing teams to improve the user experience at Lifeway.com and to refresh our brand. Both of these have been priorities for Lifeway as we focus on the needs of our customers,” Mandrell said. “We know it’s important for church leaders to find just the right resource at the right time in their ministry. “We’ve taken our customers’ feedback and have been making much-needed improvements to our website,” he continued. “We want to do everything we can to make it easy for church leaders to find the ministry resources they need to be more effective in the work they do.”
Shared image - Lifeway recognized on Newsweek's Best Online Shops 2022 List
Lifeway recognized on Newsweek's Best Online Shops 2022 List
blog.lifeway.com

Lifeway Christian Resources Photos

+ Add Photo
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: LifeWay Headquarters
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: President and CEO Dr. Ben Mandrell at his first chapel
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: LifeWay 2019 Interns
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: LifeWay Headquarters
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: "LifeWay doesn't just provide Christian resources for the church, but for your heart, for your relationship with Christ." - Gladys Nava, Bilingual Sales Coordinator
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: LifeWay Headquarters Cafe

Ramsey Solutions Logo
Ramsey Solutions

4.2

Compare

Glassdoor has 482 Lifeway Christian Resources reviews submitted anonymously by Lifeway Christian Resources employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Lifeway Christian Resources is right for you.