Light Blue Optics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Barak Maoz
  1. "Good"

I worked at Light Blue Optics

Pros

A great place to work

Cons

It was not bad at all

"Disappointed"

• Overall
      Former Employee -  in Cambridge, East of England, England

I worked at Light Blue Optics full-time

Pros

A nice company with multidisciplinary team and talented people. Topics every Wednesday at lunch time + free lunch.

Cons

The management and technique skills of the team leader are far from proper. She never thought she was wrong. Working over time during the weekend, where still being blamed for not spending extra effort on work by the leader. Half of the employees are contractors (used to be trigger-happy).

Advice to Management

Nothing.

• "As my first job in software design, this is everything I hoped it would be."

Current Employee -  in

I have been working at Light Blue Optics

Pros

The company structure is such that you can have creative input almost straight away, so a project is as interesting as you make it (if you like programming). Working hours are flexible, and it is acceptable to work from home occasionally if you feel it would help progress. The company organises good social events to celebrate recent business deals or just for people to meet outside of work.

Cons

Some projects seem a little daunting at first, but not after splitting them into smaller intermediate goals, and people are always willing to help decide what these goals should be. The interesting nature of the work and the fact that you can take it home sometimes leads to late nights...

Advice to Management

Keep it up - I've had nothing but helpful advice, which has helped me work more efficiently.

Found 3 reviews