Lighthouse Christian School Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.4
  1. "Elective Teacher"

I worked at Lighthouse Christian School part-time

Pros

Faculty is highly professional, and organized. They are hardworking for the betterment of the students, and their care for them shows!

Cons

No cons, they are simply a great school! I had to move back to Mass. from Delaware, otherwise I would be still working for them.

Lighthouse Christian School2016-02-17

"RACIST"

Former Employee - Teacher in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Lighthouse Christian School full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Boss! Great staff! Great kids!

Cons

I am one of three black teachers fired at Arlington Campus this year. My problems started during black history month. I was told to stop reading a 4th grade level book (The Watsons Go to Birmingham--1963) to my 6th graders. They claimed it was "too violent." Mind you, Edgar Allen Poe's Tell Tale Heart was approved. Even though I had the book approved by my principal, and even though I refused THEIR OFFER to finish the book, I was written up for not following curriculum and threatening to teach material without corporate approval. I was given a list of corporate approved novels and there are NO historical fiction books depicting the black experience in the United Sates. Ever since then, I was hounded by every single mishap and this was my first year teaching. One campus consists of all black students and staff. Another has all white students and staff. And even though they have a good mix of teachers and director's as a whole, corporate are all white conservatives who make all final decisions regarding all campuses. I have the yearbook and emails to prove everything. My director did not ant to fire me and I was told that the decision was corporate's which she felt obligated to comply because last time she tried to defend me during Black History Month, they wrote her up too. I was told by my director herself that corporate is racist and they will be down my back for speaking up against their racially bias opinions of my novel. I firmly believe I was wrongly discharged from my job because corporate is racial bias in which three black teachers were obviously misunderstood by an all white corporation who lacks diversity. If you are black, be prepared to constantly apologize for it. Be prepared to act, think, and do everything they tell you to do because if you bring up any opposing views regarding black education, they will fire you.

Lighthouse Christian School2017-06-17
  3. "Great starter school for those interested in teaching"

Language Arts Teacher in Orange Park, FL

I worked at Lighthouse Christian School for more than 3 years

Pros

Mr. Eure is one of the most passionate and influential gentlemen in Jacksonville. He fully believes in his mission and is dedicated to all of his students throughout all of the campuses.

Cons

The compensation. This is the only reason why I had to leave--beyond being a single individual with no major bills, this just isn't a feasible job to support yourself, let alone a family.

Lighthouse Christian School2016-03-24
  4. "Lighthouse Christian School"

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Orange Park, FL

I worked at Lighthouse Christian School full-time

Pros

You have a lot of freedom with the style of teaching

Cons

You have to be on good terms with the director at all times or else you'll be miserable

Lighthouse Christian School2016-01-27
  5. "Teacher"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at Lighthouse Christian School full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lighthouse has a true spirit of community, even as the school has grown from a handful of students to over 300. The faculty and staff work well together behind a common vision of "educating the whole child with a full view of eternity." The school is still small enough for teachers to build relationships with students and families, and large enough to offer an excellent athletic program. The superintendent is hard-working, compassionate, yet driven to see the school progress in academic and athletic excellence.

Cons

Teachers need increased time set aside for collaboration and preparation. There is a need for increased support staff such as aides, elective teachers, student supervisors and substitute teachers.

Lighthouse Christian School2015-04-22
  6. "Science Teacher- I enjoyed teaching the students and the staff was friendly and upholds good morals and values."

Private School Instructor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Lighthouse Christian School

Pros

Christian environment, and family oriented school.

Cons

Pay is very low for a teacher.

Lighthouse Christian School2015-02-02

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 Reviews