Lighthouse Document Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Brian McManus
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Not a great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Lighthouse Document Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a good boss and some good co-workers, The office was centrally located downtown Seattle

Cons

Terrible leadership that looked to blame employees for unclear instructions, The departments set up did not work well causing everyone to stay late almost every night, This was not a great place to come in to work every day.

"Started out well then went south"

Former Employee - Non-production in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Non-production in Seattle, WA

I worked at Lighthouse Document Technologies full-time

Pros

There are some great people with good hearts and good intentions who work at the Lighthouse. Location has easy access to several bus routes and plenty of parking. Beautiful garden in the back.

Cons

Fairness is not shared equally - it depends who you work for and which department you work in, but is not a guarantee. Communication from supervisors, across departments, and from management remains a big problem. Communication from employees to management is almost non-existent due to fear, knowing we won't be heard, or when we do say something, management does what they want anyway. I'm not sure the CEO is in touch with how bad the situation really is.

Advice to Management

Are you all stretched way too thin? Overwhelmed? Employees would appreciate if you could show up to meetings on time (others even no-show!). You've been trying to work on communication but it is still a big issue. Concerned about lack of support for your IT staff - it effects all of us. Please listen to your employees. The ones who will say something are only the tip of the iceberg.

"Known for mass layoffs, micromanagement and short term thinking"

I worked at Lighthouse Document Technologies full-time

Pros

Before the last mass layoff there were active strides being taken to review and help employees reach goals within their respective departments, as well as available advancement opportunities.

Cons

Unfortunately not enough business was drummed up and most of those programs I'm sure have been put to rest. The last layoff did not appear to be a simple "trimming off the fat" effort but more a survival decision. This is not the only time this kind of layoff has happened in this company. Now the remaining workers have to strain to maintain deadlines and can't even enjoy breaks with each other anymore while management breathes down their necks. A potential employee will not find job security in this kind of work environment.

Advice to Management

A different comment mentioned thinking long term... I think that as well.

"Do your research. This place is a revolving door. Management goals are very short term."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Good e-dsicovery experience. Some departments utilize new technologies. Nice office space.

Cons

Note, the company has changed names to Lighthouse eDiscovery. Lighthouse has very high turn over, the highest I've ever seen at a company. I would advise reaching out to people on LinkedIn and other sources to confirm this.

Also they tend to over promise clients and are not always good at having your back.

Advice to Management

My advise would be for management to look long term vs short term. People need time to develop and clients are often concerned when they are working with a new employee every month.