Lightspeed Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Lightspeed Technologies Reviews

3.6
Stephen Cook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Office Assistant in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Office Assistant in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Lightspeed Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are fully paid for, coworker's, management, work, culture and environment, events, pay, room to grow and advance, etc.

This is a company that should be studied under a microscope. They are truly a family. Every single employee works life their lives depend on it because they're so happy there. The culture is an amazing one. If there are ever issues, they're fixed effectively and immediately. They are the first company I've worked for where management actually means it when they say their doors are always open. How well they take care of their employees almost borders on absurd. I had a rough couple of years in my personal life and they were with me every step of the way supporting me. Any other company would have seen me as a problem and let me go. Their kindness and generosity baffled me on a daily basis. Employees are intelligent and kind. Management takes extreme care when hiring new people to make sure they will fit in well. Most employees have been there for years. Some from inception! I moved out of state but wish dearly I could have moved the job with me. It was an honor and a truly amazing experience. They weren't afraid to cross train me or allow me to learn new things I was interested. If you're interested in working here - stop questioning it. Just say yes.

ALSO: I think most of these reviews are not actually for this company. There are two Lightspeed Technologies. People were constantly calling the wrong place all the time. There is only one location (Wilkes Barre, PA) and there are only a total of 15-ish employees.

Cons

None. Literally nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You know what you're doing. I cannot say enough how much of a pleasure it was to work for you.

"Worst Company I ever worked for"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Lightspeed Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small group of people that are usually easy to get a hold of when needed. Support staff is friendly and very helpful.

Cons

Must sign 2 year 100 mile moratorium that is effective if you quit or get fired. Used to be family oriented. Upper management can't decide what direction to go in. Large projects fall apart quickly and small projects explode outside of the scope. Customer retention continues to drop. Raises are minimal at best.

Advice to Management

Stop suing you former employees. They worked hard to get the company to where it is today. They deserve better.

3. "Nice small company feel, helping educators succeed"

Former Employee - Sales in Tualatin, OR
    Former Employee - Sales in Tualatin, OR

I worked at Lightspeed Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product makes a difference, helping schools and kids is a great thing. You feel good about the impact you are making when working with the clients. This attracts people who want to have impact and make a difference, so working with quality fellow employees is a great benefit.

Cons

Senior management is not going anywhere soon, may lead to slow career growth, it is not necessarily a negative unless you are looking to progress quickly up the career ladder with titles and compensation.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback from field and ears on the ground as much as possible specifically the sales teams.

"very good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tualatin, OR

Pros

Compassionate people that make a good product.

Cons

Small company. Required to be a jack of all trades.

"Good company that made some bad decisions..."

I worked at Lightspeed Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The products and people are good for the most part.

Cons

Unfortunately management failed to handle the recession properly and now they are a meer shell of their former self. To many good and talented people laid off.

Advice to Management

Don't go on a hiring and spending binge during a recession.

6. "Good for me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manama (Bahrain)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manama (Bahrain)

Pros

time flexibility and more of these stuff

Cons

Management to supporting and more of these stuff

Advice to Management

get better skills

"Satisfactory"

Pros

Lots of resources at your disposal. Expenses paid, transportation provided, smartphone, computer and private office with a very flexible schedule.

Cons

Lack of proper direction. Spent two learning the wrong products then confronted by management as to why we weren't further along

Advice to Management

There is nothing wrong with accepting suggestions from employees. Nothing wrong with doing more delegating especially when there are bright dedicated people to give work to