Likeable Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Carrie Kerpen

1. "General"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dumont, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dumont, NJ

I have been working at Likeable Media (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is great, and people are easy to get along with.

Cons

Work distribution can be unbalanced.

2. "intern"

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

very good internship program, everyone was very kind and helped a lot. I felt like i had worked there for 20 years since day one.

Cons

No cons really. I liked everything about that company.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Strategy Director"

Former Employee - Strategy Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Strategy Director in New York, NY

I worked at Likeable Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Likeable is a smaller agency, which means everyone at all levels gets exposed to A LOT. In my opinion, this was a great perk as it allowed me to learn and grow exponentially faster than the time I spent in much larger companies and agencies. A lot is expected of you (even if you are a junior staffer), but that means that you get a lot out of the job. They focus on social media marketing, so if that is your passion it is a great place to hone your skills, build awesome client campaigns, and meet other like-minded people in the industry (in both your colleagues and clients). Wide variety of clients and verticals to keep you busy and challenged. It is a work hard play hard mentality while still being open to constructive criticism on how things can be improved.

Cons

If you want a ton of structure and a more corporate environment, this might not be the place for you. There was sometimes lack of clarity on growth, but as the company was growing with my career it was to be expected. However, when I made it clear I wanted to continue to grow within my role to management, I do feel my voice was heard. You really do get what you put into your role there.

"Your Experience Depends on How You're Perceived"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

I worked at Likeable Media part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a lot of fun working at Likeable as an intern. I met a lot of interesting people from different backgrounds and watched the company make some very admirable strides.

Cons

In a cliquey environment, I never felt like I was "in" on the culture. It seemed like just because I was on the quieter side of things, I wasn't considered for things other more outgoing people were. I sometimes felt like being outgoing was valued more than the quality of my work.

"Great if you're entry level, terrible if you're mid-level"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

If you're fresh out of college, this is a great environment and a great way to get your foot in the door of advertising. After about a year of working here, I would highly recommend you find a real agency to work for or move to the brand side. There are no career opportunities if you're there for an extended period of time, and there is no innovative leadership.

Cons

The culture is very fake.
    They love to portray themselves as having fun, but since turnover is so high a lot of the people smiling on their instagram account don't really know each other.

They have "fun" events like company drinks or ice cream socials, but it was filled with lame small talk because nobody really knew each other... you don't realize that from their instagram account because everyone is smiling. Work culture is built on relationships from people that have mutual respect for each other because of their continued hard work, not by making fodder for your social media accounts.

I wasn't an intern, but they always looked miserable... a lot of "go sit in a corner and tweet about our brands, don't talk to us unless you need something."

Also, a first job of managing twitter accounts (buzz builder, community manager) for small businesses isn't the greatest job to have on your resume. Other companies will give you much more responsibility. Social media marketing is turning into a bit of a joke, and Likeable and their dopey leadership is leading the way.

Advice to Management

Upper management is too cliquey. There is a clear divide between who's been there over 2 years and who hasn't.

Likeable Media Response

Sep 26, 2015 – CEO

From the review you left, it appears you worked here at least three years ago, when we worked with small businesses and used the term "buzz builder". I'm sorry you had such a negative experience at ... More

6. "Great place to lean and grow."

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Likeable Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are provided a with good team structure and freedom to acquire new skills. You are surrounding by people who are extremely good at what they do.

Cons

In an open office, at times it can get pretty noisy and difficult to concentrate. But, overall, not too bad.

Advice to Management

Continue to give employees the opportunities to grow within the company and recognize them when the accomplish a great feat.

"The company is going down"

Former Employee - Community Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Community Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Creative people, laid back atmosphere, good culture.

Cons

The company is losing accounts and doesn't have new businesses. You never know when you are going to be fired. They downsized 8 employees in two months. The future of this company is cloudy.

Advice to Management

Get new businesses!

Likeable Media Response

Jul 15, 2015 – CEO

This is Carrie, CEO of Likeable Media. I totally understand how, at the end of 2014, you could feel this way. We did, in fact, do an overhaul of our employees. We also decided to part ways with a ... More

"Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Community Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Community Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Likeable Media part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, friendly coworkers, interesting clients

Cons

Small agency, somewhat frequent client turnover

"I'm very happy that I work at Likeable Media"

Current Employee - Community Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Community Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Likeable Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*People
    *Culture
    *Flexibility
    *Ability to move vertically and horizontal
    *Leadership
    *Structure

Cons

You may make less money working at an agency than you might working in-house somewhere. But overall, the career potential, learning, and support you get at Likeable outweighs that.

"Do What You Like, Like What You Do."

Current Employee - Creative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative in New York, NY

I have been working at Likeable Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Employees are young, fun and full of energy.
    - If you're hungry, want to learn and help shape a fast growing company...this is a place for you.
    - Constantly challenging - always trying to come up with the next big idea while juggling workloads.
    - Good work/life balance.
    - - Management is invested in making every employee's experience Likeable and are very approchable.
    - A very Likeable culture. Sports leagues, team retreats, happy hours, & special interest forums led by employees.

Cons

- Support is there but you need to be proactive.
    - There are too many clients and work for the amount of employees...especially when we are constantly pitching new business.
    - Compensation could be better.
    - Workload and expectations are sometime too high and not spread out evenly among teams.

Advice to Management

- Hire people with experience, passion and the ability to teach.
    - Manage resources better. Stop and focus on developing and growing the talent within the walls.
    - Training and Education are key.
    - Look at Contribution and take notice of employees currently going above and beyond.
    - Surprise & Delight.
    - Set realistic goals and timelines.