Lilly Pulitzer Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Beaumont

Pros
  • The pay is good for what you are doing and there is a great discount (in 22 reviews)

• Once you're in, you become part of a great team of people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance, hard to be promoted once you are a manager (in 7 reviews)

• No Cons, I had a wonderful experience (in 4 reviews)

1. "sales associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oak Brook Mall Branch, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oak Brook Mall Branch, IL

I have been working at Lilly Pulitzer part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great and Happy Place to Work! Spectacular Manager and Wonderful Team! Always Love Going To Work ! Enjoy Helping Find the Customers Some Outfits to Wear and / or A Lovely Dress for a Special Event!

Cons

No Cons! All Good at Lilly Pulitzer in Oak Brook Mall!

Advice to Management

No Advice! Annie Cipperman is the Best Manager Ever!!

2. "Great female leadership if you work in the right department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Lilly Pulitzer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CEO, VPs and Senior VP's are some of the smartest most inspiring women to work for -- highly motivated with a huge range of leadership styles. The leadership training for rising senior managers is top-notch. Lots of opportunities for mentorship which should be prioritized for any young people entering fashion. My experience is on the corporate side, not the retail side, so I can only speak to working at HQ.

Cons

Location: it's in a difficult to access area of PA. Be prepared for long traffic-riddled drives from Philly and near-impossible public transportation.

Advice to Management

Increase the management training sessions to bi-annual; those sessions are so valuable.

"PT sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Lilly Pulitzer part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great discount, some fun coworkers, love the clothes

Cons

Caddy management, play favorites, unqualified managers, no work/life balance

5. "Lilly Pulitzer Palm Beach Gardens"

Former Employee - Associate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Associate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Lilly Pulitzer part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Other employees, are sweet and like minded. Great discount.

Cons

Management is awful, unorganized and play favorites.

Advice to Management

Don't hire management staff with less education than what is expected of part time employees.

6. "Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Lilly Pulitzer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, fun environment, very laid back.

Cons

No work/life balance, hard to be promoted once you are a manager

7. "BEST WORKPLACE EVER!!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Lilly Pulitzer part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Oak Brook Center Store is a Wonderful Place to Work! First of all our Manager is AWESOME! She treats everyone the same in a Most Gracious and Respectable Way! It is just an Overall GREAT Environment each and every work day! A Very Happy Place to work! The Assistant Managers are AWESOME TOO! Always Fair and Always Kind and Positive! Just can't say enough about working at such a Wonderful Store with Such Beautiful and Colorful Clothing!

Cons

NO CONS to report at all!! Just Wonderful Comments!!

Advice to Management

No Advice as all is good like it is!!

"Sad Store"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Great discount on beautiful clothing. Other girls are fun and customers love the brand so they are very loyal. Store is beautiful.

Cons

I love the brand but not the management. For the past 9 months, numerous employees have complained to upper management and HR about the store manager and nothing has improved. The manager has created a hostile work environment and retaliates against anyone that complains. I've watched the manager berate assistant and associate managers to the point of making them cry. And again, HR has done nothing. Managers in her own district can't stand her and yet she remains in her role. Morale is so low and the store doesn't make its numbers because of it. All the assistant and associate managers are trying to get out.

Advice to Management

Weed out the bad managers. When multiple people tell you that a manager is creating a hostile work environment, trust them and believe them before you get sued. Stop saying you will address it and actually do something.

"Felt like high school all over again."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Lilly Pulitzer part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount was great. Especially for myself who worked a full time job and wore the clothes to my real job on a daily basis.

Cons

MANAGEMENT!! If you were in the "cool kids" group, you could sit in the back with the managers most of your shift and you had priority for request off even if you put them in after others. If you were not in that inner circle, your always on the floor and get spoken to by management if you dare even take a quick bathroom break. Your request off are never approved and you tend to only get scheduled on the days/times you have requested off. Corporate has their favorite managers who in their eyes can do no wrong even when they clearly don't up hold the Lilly ethics and make fun of other religions.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like its high school and having clear favorites, and check in to allegations about your managers and don't assume that the manager is telling the truth and the employee is lying. It is obvious to customers and it will/does cause you to loose customers and good employees.

"Do not work here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about this company or my work experience with them. I am happy to have left.

Cons

- My male boss made sexual references about the women working at the company. At one point told me "don't get caught looking up any girls skirts"
    - Constantly second guessed.
    - I received very little support from my team. So if I didn't know how to do something I was ignored or made fun of.
    - Be prepared to constantly be judged. Being different is really not accepted here.
    - Benefits were nothing special
    -They skipped my exit interview and then lied and said they had tried to call me.

Advice to Management

Change the internal corporate culture. After my first couple of days at this job I knew I had made a mistake leaving my old job.

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

none really only the discount

Cons

Do not work here. I worked at the millenia mall store in Orlando and the management is so unprofessional and the way they handle situations is very unethical. 3 employees left without 2 weeks notice in less than 2 weeks!

Advice to Management

Get all new managers who handle the company in a professional and ethical way. Very unfair to associates who aren't in their inner circle of friends or hang out with them outside of work