Lime Fresh Mexican Grill Reviews | Glassdoor

John Kunkel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Waiter"

I worked at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill part-time

Pros

Loved the environment and they way they treated everyone and worked with my schedule

Cons

No cons about this job. Great for working college students

2. "Fast paced working environment with potential but minimal chances to expand financially ."

Current Employee - Line Cook in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Miami, FL

I have been working at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Income and work environment are flexible . Good chance to make money and gain experience not so challenging for employees with years or experience in the food industry

Cons

Lack of teamwork , communication and work ethic . Flexible but not so flexible schedules due to some stores being understaffed

Advice to Management

Communication and discipline measures need to take action

3. "thank goodness I'm quitting in a couple weeks"

Current Employee - Food Server in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Food Server in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Let me start by saying this job isn't HORRIBLE. However, it could be a lot better.

The pros with this job is definitely the pay. From the beginning they tell you they're paying below minimum, but they make up for it in card tips and daily tips from the jar. This may sound bad, but I've been getting more money from this job than my last one, so that's good.

The coworkers, for the most part, are nice. More detail on this in the cons section.

The managers are also nice for the most part. I'm not the most confident person on the planet and I make mistakes often, but I do my job so they have kept me for this long.

Cons

Stressful environment. You're constantly on the move and you barely can catch your breath before a manager or coworker needs your help. Not too bad of a thing... Except they keep the temperature in the restaurant to about 80 degrees. Ouch.

Another issue is that if you're zoned for an outside section, they expect you (and only you) to run back and forth outside the restaurant and back in, which is very tiring.

As was stated before, the coworkers and managers are nice... For the most part. I've had a manager joke about making an insensitive comment to me for being Jewish, and a coworker of mine also made a comment to another employee about being Jewish. I personally didn't mind when I was told this, as we were joking, but if it had been another person then I'm not sure how they would have felt.

One manager told me I could leave early if I did one thing, I did, then he told me I couldn't leave. It would've been nice to know firsthand.

The customers are half and half; sometimes you get really nice ones, and then other times you get terrible ones, but that's with every restaurant, unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Remember who works for you. It's constantly understaffed here and you expect one employee to do the work of three, and then mildly complain when they aren't moving fast enough.

4. "Server"

I worked at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill part-time

Pros

Discounted food and cool management

Cons

Crazy work during rush hours

Advice to Management

Too much stress, lets employees breathe

5. "Servers are the front-page of Lime; they provide needs to customers such as delivering food and cleaning up after guests"

Current Employee - Server in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people and managers here are great, particularly the kitchen. Their charisma is an inspiration.

Cons

Most of the servers are adolescents, it can be complicated to work with them because of the age gap.

Advice to Management

If anyone you hire is under 20, keep a sharp thumb under them.

6. "Line cook"

Former Employee - Prep Cook in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Prep Cook in Miami, FL

I worked at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill (More than a year)

Pros

Good foundation to begin in the culinary indusrty! Semi scratch kitchen with very high demand in well proven areas

Cons

Benefits dont suit some of the job responsibilities. Some positions should include benefits and a better training method

Advice to Management

Better training methods and managment developmental programs for employees. Better pay for Back of house employees including prep

7. "Cool summer job"

Pros

Mostly great atmosphere, really cares about concistancy

Cons

Minimal cons, servers stand around

8. "It's a demanding job where you're expected to be adaptable and quick thinking. Everything is fast paced."

Current Employee - Server/Cashier in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Server/Cashier in Miami, FL

I have been working at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The shifts are usually only 4 hours, the managers are all considerate and will listen to you and be flexible around your schedule.

Cons

You have to be moving at all times. If you stop being productive you will be asked to leave. It's also a stressful environment.

Advice to Management

Realize the stress your workers are under during the rush, it's hard to do everything at once.

9. "Server/cashier"

I worked at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill part-time

Pros

Fun environment to work at, coworkers are great!

Cons

Can get tough at times, and customers can get tedious as well.

10. "Micromanagement at it's finest"

I worked at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill part-time

Pros

Easy job, fun coworkers, decent pay after tips and enjoyable customers.

Cons

Managers micromanaged everything you did. If you talked to a customer for more than 30 seconds, you would get scolded or have another employee come over to you to say "someone is on the phone for you" AKA stop talking to this person and get back to work.

Advice to Management

Let your teenager employees do what they do best, communicate with others. Stop houding your employees.