Limelight Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Limelight Networks President, CEO & Director Robert Lento
Robert Lento

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free food - legit deli style sandwiches, soups, sodas, and much more" (in 24 reviews)

• "Some great people and talented leaders" (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "In desperate need of better sales people and more thought globally" (in 6 reviews)

• "good old boys club and management heavy to the point of being dysfunctional" (in 5 reviews)

"Awesome company depending on dept."

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting work. Great people
    Flexible schedules.

Cons

Frequent reorgs. Base pay slightly low.

"Toxic and Unhappy"

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The genuinely great people who work there.

Adequate benefits and compensation.

Cons

They recently consolidated from taking up two floors in their HQ to now using only one floor. Because this company hires mostly men this has caused a real problem with the men's restroom and you will regularly have to wait for an open stall or urinal.

Only 10 days of paid time off and no (limited short-term) rollover.

Forced to take a 1-hour unpaid lunch.

Remote work is very limited.

Company culture seems fake and forced. Reminds me of high school. I think some people enjoy that.

For some reason, entire departments hate each other. They lack cooperation and communication.

Perks have been pulled back in recent years and will seem to continue that trend for the foreseeable future. There is no deli anymore and free snacks are reduced to baked chips, power bars and cold sandwiches mostly.

Plenty of toxic and rude people. Coworkers will let you know that you're not welcomed or that they're not interested in offering any kind of help. People will instantly talk bad about you when you walk out of the room. The reviewer on Mar 11, 2017, was right, "People are mean," here.

Nothing is documented so anytime you'd like to learn more about an internal process or technology you're left trying to convince one of the people mentioned above to spend time out of his or her day with you.

Management style seems to be entirely "hands-off" and embraces willful ignorance or does not address legitimate workplace complaints such as harassment.

Advice to Management

The bathroom issue is ridiculous

I hear lots of complaints on here and in the office about rude or hostile coworkers. It would be nice to have a secure work environment.

Even the person responding to bad reviews on here has a real snark and justifies outright physical threats as, "adopt[ing] and work[ing] within the process and guidelines," while suggesting the allegation of "Hostile Work Environment" being incorrect on a technicality instead of addressing any of the substance of the review.

"Software Engineer"

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

You would like a lot about CDN, which would be huge benefit for your career in technology

Cons

The company size is small to middle

"Great place to work in a great field"

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

Limelight's product is ever-changing and always interesting, the people were great and there was always something for the company to engage you and make you look forward to going to work

Cons

The Network Operations Center (NOC) - mainly the management but also the way it is run whether it be promotions within or out of the NOC or the sheer lack of knowledge that the collective group has

"Flexibility with inconsistency"

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

Lots of flexibility -- a lot of employees are either remote or work in various offices. The culture is very flexible on where you work from as long as you are available when you're needed and get your work done.

Cons

There is old company culture that still exists where the 'ol boys club bands together and promotes based on relationship rather than merit / qualification and skills. Also, there lacks a cohesiveness across regional teams and divisions within the organization.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

There are a lot of smart, talented and fun (!) people at Limelight. The company is a player in a market that continues to expand, which presents many opportunities and enough challenges to keep it interesting. Work /life balance is respected.

Cons

Other than the pressures of battling for customers in a a highly competitive market, very few cons. And the battles make the wins all the more sweet!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits for all worldwide employees, very good compensation packages, new leadership has turned the company around and going in the right direction

Cons

5 day work week, whining millenials

"Amazing place to learn, grow, and hone new skills"

Former Employee - NOC Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - NOC Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing growth opportunity. It's very easy to visualize a career path with this company
    - You have the ability to learn an abundant amount of information on the job
    - The team is amazing; culture
    - Surrounded by intelligence
    - Free food - legit deli style sandwiches, soups, sodas, and much more
    - Enterprise environment. This isn't a mom and pop company or a startup.
    - Truly the best company I have worked for to date. They really have something amazing going on in the NOC.

Cons

- Clam chowder was served too infrequently. As far as the NOC goes, I believe this to be the common consensus, however, I can't speak for the rest of the company, but I imagine they would agree.

Advice to Management

- More clam chowder

"Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are always friendly, upbeat and willing to help you in any way that they can. There is just a great atmosphere at this company - which is sometimes difficult to find!

Cons

Really can't think of any - other than all the free food in the FREE Deli on site has succeeded in making me put on a few extra pounds.

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging great behaviors and don't forget to say thank you for doing a great job! As the One Minute Manager used to say - Always LOOK for the good and correct the bad - in private!

"Great Place to Work, Very Engaging!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly environment, always feel welcomed. Free food/parking. Upper Management is always keeping us in the loop about what's going on, they seem very eager to keep the company moving in the right direction towards growth. I'm always left feeling valued and like my voice counts, which makes going to work easier every day.

Cons

No cons to share, this is a cool company to work for, if you work hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I'm glad to be apart of the team.