Limelight Networks Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2020

3.2
Limelight Networks President, CEO & Director Robert Lento
Robert Lento
Pros
  • "Free food - legit deli style sandwiches, soups, sodas, and much more(in 24 reviews)

• "Great culture with fun to work environment(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management really doesn't understand how important security is, or they would rather not think about it(in 15 reviews)

• "The old Boys Club is still strong in Tempe(in 8 reviews)

"Current Employee"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was reading through some of the reviews on Limelight and saw a couple very harsh and completely untrue statements about the current culture and future of limelight made by a current employee. As a current employee who also is on the account management team, I wanted to shed some light from my perspective. Limelight has a culture that is unlike any organization I have ever been apart of. The people of Limelight bleed green and WANT to win. There is so much energy, friendship and leadership within this organization. The sales floor is not a boiler room, every touch to potential prospects is strategic. Majority of customer calls are held in one of the many conference rooms available to the sales team, so the sales floor isn’t loud and employees can focus without having to listen to their neighbor. Like most markets, competition is tough and it’s up to you as an individual to figure out how you will separate yourself and win business. No new deal is going to be handed to you as an AM, you need to have a hunter mentality and stay on top of your current customer relationships to succeed. There will be obstacles you will face as an AM in order to retain customers. Sometimes things happen that you have no control over that may lead to losing business but I am confident that I will NEVER lose alone at Limelight. If a customer in my book of business is having an issue, I can count on our support and my leadership to do everything they possibly can to help me save the client and THAT is why I love this company and the culture.

Cons

Commission payouts for new AM deals should be a little higher.

Continue reading
  2. "Not engineer role review"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible office policy. Experienced and smart coworkers. Learning opportunities for highly self-motivated personality.

Cons

Not clear career development track. Not standardized title system

"Great people...but investor obsessed execs"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees are down to Earth and patient but because they have to deal with constant politics and red tape.

Cons

No where as agile as a tech company should be. Huge power gap between upper management and entry level employees. This company is not for the ambitious worker. The organizations structure is not built to last.

"No Growth"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The role and the team are incredible, and the culture is really great

Cons

There is no upward potential. They don't promote from within in the sales org, and when they do they don't pay to reflect your new position. They are very shady about pay, openly paying people in the same roles different salaries (better performers making less because they started when the base was lower, and hiring new people at a higher pay) and refusing to remedy when asked

March 9, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It goes without saying, we've spent a great deal of time & effort in attempts to sustain a culture that reinforces innovation & collaboration. In addition to this, we've partnered with a highly ranked salary data provider to analyze & compare our jobs to the market to ensure we have up to date salary bench-marking in place for both our internal & external candidates. Reflecting on your comment, we’re sorry if you didn't get a chance to grow your career here as many others have done. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Going round in circles replacing senior management who make changes that do not work"

2.0
    Former Employee - Commercial

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, Customers, Network, Some great people

Cons

- Politics - Sales Management - micro management, unhealthy amount of focus on Salesforce and not empowering the sales force to sell - Marketing doesn't work generating zero quality leads - US HR are not your friend and only interested in protecting the company - Senior Management - Insanity doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results / are not accountable / blame culture / abuse company values - Solution Engineers controlling the deal getting involved with commercials - Low company pension contribution - Products launched with insufficient testing & in constant need of 'repair'.

Continue reading

"Casual/laid back work environment"

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Limelight is a great place to work, the company culture is laid back and casual. They offer very competitive health insurance benefits and 401k match. Another perk is the unlimited PTO and lunch is provided a few days a week!

Cons

Opportunities for career growth and development are limited due to company size.

"Just awful"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

None, this company is in reverse. Do not consider it as a career move, would have preferred to have spent my time in jail.

Cons

Poor management in sales, new VP to old for the job should have retired years ago, totally obsessed with Salesforce and has forgotten that he needs his team actually selling stuff to run and grow a business. He also does not understand what or how we sell, suggests he goes back to the lake to sit on his boat to ponder his lack of sales skills.

July 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value this forum as a basis of feedback because we learn & progress based on what people share. As you know, we've spent a great deal of time & effort in trying to sustain a culture that reinforces innovation & collaboration. Upward mobility is a key focus, that's why we always look for the best of the best without regard to one’s age. With that, individuals who choose to grow their careers at Limelight Networks, Inc. are truly inspiring to us all & our list is pretty long. Reflecting on your comment, we’re sorry if you didn't get a chance to grow your career here as many others have done. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Terrible People Doing Mediocre Things"

Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There's not much there anymore to rave about. They've intentionally killed most of the culture that made this place thrive. The people who actually do the work are fantastic, the engineers and the actual talent are amazing. Everyone from middle management and up are terrible human beings or "yes men" installed with no idea of what they are talking about.

Cons

Everything is a con at Limelight, a con job. Management get's more deflective, dishonest, and deceptive the higher they go. This was a great place half a decade ago, but every incentive and joy has slowly been removed and that rests entirely on management killing the culture and replacing good leadership with fear and ignorance. Management has become more interested in preserving their paycheck and position, while HR was solely present to protect the company. Any complaints of harassment or hostile work environment were swept under the rug rapidly and those who complained were fired one after another. It seems the more incompetent someone is at Limelight they more successful they will be. You can't even question management or their faulty and sometimes catastrophic decisions without risking termination. It is a toxic environment through and through and much it rests on the shoulders of on a handful of truly terrible individuals, who are of course, in charge and will do anything upper management asks of them. When there are four to five people in a room who are forbidden from talking to one supervisor--the problem is probably with the supervisor and not the engineers who were all eventually fired for stating their concerns.

June 10, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. As a tenured employee at Limelight we definitely appreciated the services you provided prior to you moving on. We are very fortunate to have leaders who are passionate about Limelight & who take our culture to heart when making decisions that will affect us all. Change is constant for sure around here, thus is why we continue to encourage our managers to thrive in building & maintaining great teams. Commonly, who we look for are people who set aside presumptions and approach new ideas & changes openly. With that, as I'm sure you're aware, change is not easy for some but that's okay -life sometimes leads us in different directions. We’re proud to have a unique culture that recognizes the hard work that everyone contributes on a daily basis. As our company continues to mature & grow, we will persist in moving our company forward for the better of us all.

"Sinking ship......look no further than stock price and quarterly results"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

good people doing the work that makes the wheels turn

Cons

Management is clueless - keep promising to make some money "next quarter". In this economy with the growth of CDN traffic these clowns still cannot make this company profitable. As other mentioned the good old boy network is at work here - hopefully the board and shareholders will find real management team

Continue reading
  10. "Great Company, Bad scheduling"

Former Employee - Network Operations Analyst

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, people, and pay

Cons

training, scheduling, no defined area of responsibility cutoff.

Found 238 reviews