Limelight Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Limelight Networks President, CEO & Director Robert Lento
Robert Lento

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free food - legit deli style sandwiches, soups, sodas, and much more (in 23 reviews)

• Great industry, relaxed work environment, with continuously improving processes and products (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management really doesn't understand how important security is, or they would rather not think about it (in 13 reviews)

• Salary is good, but some larger companies with similar roles can afford to do better by between 20-30% typically (in 4 reviews)

1. "I wish there were less stars to rate it., like negative."

Former Employee - Vice President Finance in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Vice President Finance in Seattle, WA

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cant think of any.

Cons

Run by a bunch of buffoons..

"Pushing talent away"

Former Employee - NOC Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - NOC Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

The deli is nice but that is about as far as it goes. Id rather buy lunch and like where I work.

Cons

Management is awful. After one of the smarter directors left (who was probably the smartest person at the company) the place turned into garbage. The managers who were put in charge have very little technical understanding and basically want to run the place like a call center because that is all they understand.

They also started rotating everyone's shift every single quarter. They also made it a requirement that one quarter each year, you have to work nights. They did this even though the people working nights actually being happy with working nights and were actually hired in to work nights specifically. So they basically just made everyone unhappy. A lot of people left because it just didn't make sense.

They don't understand IT jobs at all. It is too easy to find another job if you are talented.

I saw multiple people get "promoted" because they were unhappy. This company likes to do the trick where they give you a new title/more responsibilities and then tell you that they can't compensate any more because HR has their hands tied. DONT FALL FOR THIS.

People who aren't really go getters are allowed to just coast along.

Advice to Management

Find a job outside of IT.

"Business Dev"

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Great Kitchen and great parking to enjoy downtown: The Technical Team is Awesome. Some of the smartest people in the industry are in those ranks.

Cons

I heard it and did not believe it until after three years it reared it's ugly head: There is a Good-Ole' Boys Club there and that's a fact.

Advice to Management

Don't promote people just because you know and trust them - they must have the necessary skill to lead as well. Groom them and send them to a good management school. Much of the management is simply people who have put in time and are liked by senior management.

"Web Developer"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's free food in the kitchen. They also have a great location.

Cons

They put an extreme amount of pressure on you to perform. Management doesn't communicate well with employees. Many of the employees are conceited.

Advice to Management

Don't ask someone to pick out three content management systems (CMS), out of all the the various CMS in the industry, who has limited experience with only one CMS and who received only one day's training about Limelight's network.

"Dishonest to the core"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager/Commissioner in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful commission structure and great support team. The office was nice and always well maintained.

Cons

MANAGEMENT!!! The management and HR was the worst I have ever encountered. I would not suggest this company to anyone. The rip off employees and customers too.

Advice to Management

The only advice to management is to quit and hopefully someone honest can take your place and recover from the damage you have caused.

"Chaotic, insane hours"

Former Employee - Marketing/Writing in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing/Writing in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well, the fields Limelight operates in are very pertinent in today's technology arena and economy. Cloud, video, content delivery. Some really smart people work there. Growing global presence. Potential to be a good company. Top echelon of mgmt has pretty good heart--but needs to let people have their weekends and evenings work-free.

Cons

I had too many bosses over my time there. No formal product training existed--everything was in people's heads or in old internal wiki notes. A lot of churn. It seemed that people either worked there a really long time or not much time at all...some of the developers really need to grow up--they hold the company back.

Advice to Management

Integrate people better--and include remote employees in more in-person meetings so they can do their jobs better. Be more aware of back-stabbing with your directs--some of them are real "players" more than good teammates.

"Never seen so many disgruntled employees."

Current Employee - Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, free lunch, new technology.

Cons

I have never in my life seen so many disgruntled employees - specifically Operations and Engineering. The main issue, which everyone in the company is aware of, is employee turnover. Make sure you get the salary you desire when you start, because working your way up in the company will not get you a raise. There is a $40,000 gap in salary between employees in the same department, I've never seen anything like it. Executives think everyone is expendable, managers know this isn't the case. The turnover issues continue.

Advice to Management

Pay your current employees what they are worth. Pay them what they would make working for a competitor, and what you would pay an external hire applying for the same position.

"Quite the mess"

Current Employee - CDN Technical Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - CDN Technical Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They had a FULLY stocked kitchen. My grocery bill went to almost 0. Great benefits, and close to Tempe bars. My shift was amazing

Cons

Everything else? No training for "required" material. Management was a mess. The support team was lazy and inept. Pay was middling, at best. close to Tempe bars

Advice to Management

Organize yourselves much better. Don't hire cokeheads as the head of IT?

"Veni, Vidi, Vici (and then I left)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, innovation and technology driven (on the surface)

This place has so much potential and it would be nice to see it get there when it finds the right leadership

Cons

No matter what position / role you are in if Executive is not in your title your input is not welcomed and/or valued. Open door policies are irrelevant...this place thrives on NEPOTISM. You want opportunity? Talk to the nearest VP and see if he needs his lawn mowed. If you do a good job they'll put you on the super secret bonus plan. Good luck with that since they haven't turned a profit in a long while.

I waited a few years before posting my comments, waiting and hoping. I watched the new leadership team come in and I've seen no potential for change. I've seen the stock continue on a downward trend and listened to the leadership provide no real response to the industry analysts.

Why can't they turn the corner already? Because each department is it's only Empire State building with an Executive ape sitting on top...ruling by fear and intimidation and slingin' poo at every that comes close to his domain. Yes, I said "HIS"...don't expect to find women on the leadership team.

To add to the comments about marketing influencing the number of positive ratings...just go back through the old ones and you'll spot the patterns.

Advice to Management

I got nothing...and it wouldn't matter anyway

"It's the people not management."

Former Employee - Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best people keep this company afloat

Cons

Serious lack of management is an understatement. No regard for the employees or how they are treated or cast aside in department mergers.

Advice to Management

Get a clue on how to run a company and treat the people you employ.