Limkokwing University of Creative Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 29, 2017

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Limkokwing University of Creative Technology Founder & President Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr Lim Kok Wing
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr Lim Kok Wing

1. "good place to strat"

Pros

there are plenty of opportunities for international workers to strat and grow their creers in this place

Cons

hectic work environment, have to wear black every day!!!

"Imbibing a happy culture is the key"

Former Employee - LECTURER CUM COORDINATOR in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - LECTURER CUM COORDINATOR in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I worked at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

most popular university and also a good international environment with ample opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Dictatorship at the management level that is like a chain reaction and percolates to all levels

Advice to Management

Keeping the employees pleasant is as important as keeping the students happy because cheerful employees will gladly do better service even without being prompted to do so. Also, happy employees will treat the students better thereby resulting in happy students and this in turn will lead to better word of mouth marketing by students and increased student intake .

3. "Construction management and project management"

Current Employee - Construction Manager and Project Management in Tripoli (Libya)

I have been working at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Deliver new method of teaching

Cons

By hard working and sharing experience and also loving culture for each other, should be pros .

5. "Best Place for working"

Current Employee - Ccc in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Ccc in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Pros

Good environment , variable culture and religion under one roof. Nice place for working. Higher salary.

Cons

no overtime pay, parking charges applied for staff

Advice to Management

no parking charges for staff

"Admin executive"

Current Employee - Administrative Executive in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Administrative Executive in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Pros

1. International people
    2. Great marketing and advertisements

Cons

1. Not organised because of management frequent changes
    2. Salary is generally low
    3. Students are the boss
    4. Not an educational institution
    5. Everything is about money, money and money
    6. Racism is high especially from the management

Advice to Management

1. Treat your staff with respect
    2. Dont insult and curse your staff
    3. Working hours means working hours (people have a life)
    4. Remove iranians as head of any faculty (they are evil and liars, anything for money)

7. "Contract Staff review"

Current Employee - Lecturer in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Lecturer in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I have been working at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful mixture or people around the world create a diverse cultures and ideas.

Cons

Contract staff claims can be delayed up to 5 months or more for no apparent reasons.

Advice to Management

Pay people on time.

8. "Lecturer"

Former Employee - Lecturer in Gaborone (Botswana)
    Former Employee - Lecturer in Gaborone (Botswana)

I worked at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly Enviornment and international atmospher

Cons

Low salaries and stubborn management

Advice to Management

Need to provide good resources and respectable salaries to the employees

"Not a good place"

Pros

Nothing is special about this university

Cons

staffs are very heavy loaded

"Frankly, the worst place I have ever worked"

Pros

Like all who go through a traumatic experience together, I formed fast and tight bonds with my colleagues. They are the only reason I lasted as long as I did at Limkokwing.

Cons

No academic integrity. We were very clearly unable to fail any student, for ANY reason. I was explicitly told that the lowest mark I could give was a C-. The 'university' is a for-profit institution, which in this case means that as long as students are paying they will get their degree. This also means that many teachers were severely overworked. I knew more than one person who had 40+ hours IN THE CLASSROOM per week.

In addition to the above, we were often required to attend what can only be called PR events in our off hours. For example, and this is 100% true, faculty were required to go to the (failing) Limkokwing fashion store after work (an hour+ drive from the uni) and spend at minimum 100 ringgit of OUR OWN SALARY at the store. We were then required to provide the receipt as proof to our bosses.

I could really write an entire book about what's wrong with this place, but let me just add one more thing: The founder/owner of Limkokwing is quite literally en ego-maniacal sociopath. He has no regard for his employees and no regard for higher education. I sat in on a meeting in his boardroom in which he said, word for word, about which employees to retain that we should 'fire all the ugly people',

Please, heed my warning and avoid this place at all costs. The salary is really not worth the trauma.

Advice to Management

A university is a place for education, first and foremost. Not simply a money-grabbing endeavor. Enact some academic standards and perhaps then you won't be losing students and faculty at such a rapid clip.

"Fake University. Stay Away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I have been working at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology full-time

Pros

- Pays higher than any other education institution.
    - Flexible working hours
    - Very interesting advertisements and strong branding presence

Cons

- Not a real university. It is really a PR/Advertising agency disguising itself as an education institution.
    - Students do not even need to attend classes and staff often have to work longer hours without benefit or replacement.
    - Management has no clear communication and work is often done haphazardly.
    - Management often calls staff at odd hours/ weekends/holidays with no respect for staff privacy.
    - University's key selling point is by promoting 'cultural exposure' and 'network opportunities' ie. student parties and cronyism. Does not focus on academics.
    - Various instances of abuse. Sexual harassment is an open secret. Especially by the Founder.
    - Student education is low-priority. The culture is a "party uni" whereby staff and students have to attend fashion shows and performance exhibitions to give visitors the illusion of a larger crowd.

Advice to Management

Focus more on education and treat staff with more respect