LinQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 14, 2017

5.0
Leon Biederman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great opportunity for career growth and development in the aerospace and DoD Industries"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Ladera Heights, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Ladera Heights, CA

I worked at LinQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, flexibility in working arrangements, great people, smart and industry leading individuals.

Cons

For me the only con was the distance from my home.

Advice to Management

Create more company identity/culture events which can improve overall employee integration and cross-pollination of ideas.

2. "My Experience"

Current Employee - GM of Intel Business in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - GM of Intel Business in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Outstanding Technical work opportunities, Strong team culture, Friendly work environment, Excellent facilities. The management works to develop opportunities for employees, strong growth culture and good growth. Strong growing company

Cons

sometime slow to act of hiring actions,

3. "Right size company to maximize development"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people of LinQuest make this company so amazing. They are passionate about the mission at hand and are true experts. The evaluations from each and every customer could not be more stellar, and how fast this company has grown attests to what an incredible job LinQuest does. It is hard not to challenge oneself in this environment of elite minds, the the company is the ideal size and environment to create opportunities and really impact the direction and magnitude of your career development. Emphasis is placed on a good work life balance, however, and the company is generally very accommodating of the circumstances of life.

Cons

The tuition reimbursement program could be more attractive. Also, it isn't the most fun environment, but effort is consistently and routinely made to maintain/increase employee satisfaction.

4. "Very Promising Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small agile company, large pipeline of new opportunities, solid core of experienced and knowledgeable technical professionals, well-thought strategies for achieving high performance.

Cons

Educational reimbursement is small, somewhat rigid work schedule policy dictated by government customer interface, out-of-pocket health care costs are greater than at larger companies

Advice to Management

Keep looking at ways to enhance benefits to attract good employees.

5. "Very Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

I have worked for LinQuest and it's predecessor companies for over 20 years. LinQuest supports primarily DoD customers providing engineering services in support of systems acquisition and operations. Alot of engineers. Always interesting work. Supporting national defense. Security clearances required for most work. The pay and benefits are excellent in this industry and LinQuest is highly competitive in that regard. I particularly enjoy working with the people here, as well as supporting the military. Office accommodations are nice (no cubes). The CEO has been leading this outfit since before I arrived and my trust in him has been well placed.

Cons

It is DoD work, so always competitively winning new work is essential, and nobody has a guaranteed job for life. (This is true for most companies.) LinQuest is a small company (~500 employees) and locations and career opportunities are limited versus the giant DoD contractors.

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think this is a great company! I work with really good people spanning all the business groups. The company also enjoys the fact that its workforce is highly educated. Personally, I find this company's employees very decorous in their demeanor to one another - there are just a lot of pleasant people here. It is a highly collegial culture due, in large part, to the fact many of the company employees served in the armed forces, and I think that common experience is a somewhat unifying trait for much of the staff and leadership. The benefits are solid - no complaints - and in addition to the PTO accrual, the company grants a week off for all employees between Christmas and New Year's, without debiting the employee PTO balance.
    Further, the company is in a growth trajectory which is a credit to its management team and the customer oriented engineers that comprise the company workforce.
    It is one of the best companies that I have ever worked for.

Cons

No significant "Cons" noted.

7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Thin level of management structure, minimal bureaucracy.
    - competitive salary and benefits
    - Excellent technical capability and job options
    - Ability to move to other opportunities in the company

Cons

Nothing notable at this time.

8. "Recognizes that the best engineers need to be well paid."

Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

Hands off management style allows for self-motivated people to do well. Benefits and work/life balance are exceptional. Managers care that both your professional and personal needs are met.

Cons

Work depends on contracts with the government. This can cause stress on employees as contracts come up for renewal or recompete. Business development is a part of every engineers job.

Advice to Management

Lower contracting cost to be better competitive in the new government contracting paradigm.