LinQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Leon Biederman

1. "No advancement"

I worked at LinQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid time off is okay

Cons

Benefits are expensive, management sticks together even when they know they are wrong doing, no advancement, little pay for hard work

Advice to Management

do the right thing for your people who make you look good.

2. "Mission operator"

I worked at LinQuest full-time

Pros

Exposure to satellite engineering and what it takes to keep them in orbit

Cons

Politically based acceptance for contractors, but maybe this is just a norm in the LinQuest contracting environment. They'll say you can stop by and talk with them about anything, even training, but they'll never be there or available for preventing any issues. Have a past life in the Air Force or know someone they know in the Air Force to be successful.

Advice to Management

Be leaders for your people. Be proactive instead of reactive through process planning for new and current operations that have issues, even if it is just training.

3. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I worked at LinQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good entry level pay and if your willing to stick with a bad company, you'll likely be at the top one day.

Cons

Bad benefits and and very bad management. Most companies can manage their little issues that arise here and there. Not LinQuest. If your a Reservist or member of the National Guard, I strongly would recommend working elsewhere. Not-military friendly.

Advice to Management

Be ethical! It goes a long way. And don't nickel and dime your employees to death.

4. "Good people and always hiring"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work is highly specialized; able to work on what you're good at; competitive pay; good work life balance

Cons

Very much like a traditional company, partly due to the fact that they serve a very traditional government customer. Not a lot of out of box thinking.

5. "Right size company to maximize development"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people of LinQuest make this company so amazing. They are passionate about the mission at hand and are true experts. The evaluations from each and every customer could not be more stellar, and how fast this company has grown attests to what an incredible job LinQuest does. It is hard not to challenge oneself in this environment of elite minds, the the company is the ideal size and environment to create opportunities and really impact the direction and magnitude of your career development. Emphasis is placed on a good work life balance, however, and the company is generally very accommodating of the circumstances of life.

Cons

The tuition reimbursement program could be more attractive. Also, it isn't the most fun environment, but effort is consistently and routinely made to maintain/increase employee satisfaction.

6. "Very Promising Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small agile company, large pipeline of new opportunities, solid core of experienced and knowledgeable technical professionals, well-thought strategies for achieving high performance.

Cons

Educational reimbursement is small, somewhat rigid work schedule policy dictated by government customer interface, out-of-pocket health care costs are greater than at larger companies

Advice to Management

Keep looking at ways to enhance benefits to attract good employees.

7. "Very Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

I have worked for LinQuest and it's predecessor companies for over 20 years. LinQuest supports primarily DoD customers providing engineering services in support of systems acquisition and operations. Alot of engineers. Always interesting work. Supporting national defense. Security clearances required for most work. The pay and benefits are excellent in this industry and LinQuest is highly competitive in that regard. I particularly enjoy working with the people here, as well as supporting the military. Office accommodations are nice (no cubes). The CEO has been leading this outfit since before I arrived and my trust in him has been well placed.

Cons

It is DoD work, so always competitively winning new work is essential, and nobody has a guaranteed job for life. (This is true for most companies.) LinQuest is a small company (~500 employees) and locations and career opportunities are limited versus the giant DoD contractors.

8. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Thin level of management structure, minimal bureaucracy.
    - competitive salary and benefits
    - Excellent technical capability and job options
    - Ability to move to other opportunities in the company

Cons

Nothing notable at this time.

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think this is a great company! I work with really good people spanning all the business groups. The company also enjoys the fact that its workforce is highly educated. Personally, I find this company's employees very decorous in their demeanor to one another - there are just a lot of pleasant people here. It is a highly collegial culture due, in large part, to the fact many of the company employees served in the armed forces, and I think that common experience is a somewhat unifying trait for much of the staff and leadership. The benefits are solid - no complaints - and in addition to the PTO accrual, the company grants a week off for all employees between Christmas and New Year's, without debiting the employee PTO balance.
    Further, the company is in a growth trajectory which is a credit to its management team and the customer oriented engineers that comprise the company workforce.
    It is one of the best companies that I have ever worked for.

Cons

No significant "Cons" noted.

10. "Administrative Professional"

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging work with incredibly smart people. Management is open to suggestions. Annual engagement surveys are conducted and real changes are made based on results. Team oriented environment where you don't have to contend with egos. Nicest group of people I have ever worked with. Excellent benefits, very liberal time off policies, stellar 401K match.

Cons

We are not always in control of our destiny - loss of contracts can lead to reductions in force. Luckily, the company is usually on the winning end of contract awards.