Lincare Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kristen Hoefer

Pros
Cons
  • Restructure of upper management lost sight of what made the company (in 63 reviews)

• Much of the office staff are not the most competent or underpaid unfortunately effecting the work that gets done and sales reps losing trust of clients (in 33 reviews)

1. "Good Starting Job"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Great Experience into the world of medical sales. Lots of opportunities after you have 2 years of sales experience to move on to pharmaceutical sales or surgical equipment sales. Best training you could get they send you to QP3 third party training.

Cons

They hold commissions you will not see but maybe 1/3 of them get paid. Lots of tedious work that hold you back from being on the road selling. If you already have experience in sales do not go here not worth it. They find stupid reasons not to pay you or reimburse you. You work hard to get paid even after you have made the sale and get the patient. Your real hard work will be getting paperwork fixed multiple times by doctors.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great training, but stop cutting salaries on those that have been there for years. You need to keep those employees that are valuable and have sacrificed a lot. They are the ones that have the good reputations with doctors offices. Management at the center level is hard because of the nitpicking by corporate. Managers can't function without getting scolded.

"not enough time in the day"

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of my co-workers are great

Cons

Unrealistic goals, constant staff turnover

3. "CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely love my co-workers and forming relationships with patients even if it's​ through the phone.

Cons

They expect to much from you and don't give you enough hours to do so. Sometimes working long hours even though office hours are 8-5 Monday-Friday. Some weekends you are expected to work as well.

5. "If you like drama , chaos, being overworked , and underpaid.."

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knowing there's a better company out there who appreciates their employees and customers .. no real pro except for the fact I once made a good income until a new sheriff came in and shuffled the deck.

Cons

It was once an "ok" company. I use that term lightly . I've been in call centers for over 10 yrs , and have found that this is the most poorly ran company to work for. Favoritism is obvious, and they take advantage of the ones who are unaware. They have cut back hours , and manipulate the metrics so that their favorites "out-perform" the rest . There was once an opportunity for unlimited OT, but they have controlled it to when and only when they want to you work OT. Which is usually only when they want to meet their order quote. The environment is stressful and mentally draining , and don't get caught trying to pace yourself . I can go on for hours but considering I never write a review for any company I've worked for , take heed . MICROMANAGMENT HELL. The leads have no real leadership skills , they just pretend to know what their doing . They stand around half the time gossiping , and making fun of new hires or ones that aren't their favorite.

Advice to Management

No sense in giving advice to a management who's convinced their drill Sargent scare tactics are and will continue to work . Continue to take advantage of the poor elderly whose lives depend on your poor services , and lack of consistency. Medicare should rip the contract into shreds , along with other providers you scheme into doing business with.

"Upper Management is Horrible"

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Coworkers are fantastic! Communication is top notch.

Cons

Upper Management cares ZERO about you. Same trainings over and over. It's all about money and growth NOT the patients.

"Only a good job if your single and no family"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have a good center. You will do great

Cons

Need more training. For everyone in the center. Make sure that everyone does their part

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be their friend.

"Center Manager - Ithaca, BE WARE!!!!"

Former Employee - Center Manager in Ithaca, NY
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Ithaca, NY

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits aren't bad, could be better

Cons

Poor upper management, no support, pay is awful for the hours and work you will do. You will constantly receive threats instead of incentives. You will clean up messes and be held accountable for disasters long before you existed. You will be expected to travel at a minutes notice.

Advice to Management

Learn how to value good employees, treat people right!

9. "Manager"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team, hard working and dedicated

Cons

Not enough direction and training

"The worst employer I've ever had"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

This should be an enjoyable job, but the chaos and constant stress make it an intolerable, unhealthy workplace.

Cons

On call every other week and weekend 24/7, unpaid unless you're out on a call, on top of working 50 hours a week.
    Massive turnover due to the incredible stress and understaffing. Three different managers, and two different front desk workers in the six months I've been here.
    No janitorial service - already overworked employees are expected to clean the place. The regional manager (20 years plus) is the worst manager I've ever had in terms of people skills - hostile, totally unsupportive, and clueless as to her poor skills in managing people.
    Very poor customer service, so a significant percentage of patients are rightfully angry and dissatisfied.

Advice to Management

There is more to running a successful business than focusing exclusively on the bottom line. Customer and employee satisfaction are also vital to any well-managed business.

11. "Awful company"

Former Employee - RSR in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - RSR in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reps I worked with were good people whom I had great respect for and deserve better treatment and may want to leave but have to stay due to issues beyond their control.

Cons

The management, the paperwork that you sign and then you are supposed to ignore, the way you are belittled in front of peers. Everything.....

Advice to Management

Change the company so that people want to work for you