Lincare Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Kristen Hoefer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Fast paced environment with no relief from upper management (in 73 reviews)

• Can't make up focus--changes to day to say so sales reps are lost (in 34 reviews)

"Patient oriented business"

Pros

Patient orinted, with growth and solvency in mind. Growing toward the future with technology, a wealth of resources and knowledge.

Cons

We need more accountability toward accuracy and efficiency. There are times, as in every business environment, we all could do better at taking care of tasks rightthe first time through.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people on the front lines of your business

2. "Csr"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere good supervision

Cons

Dispatch after hours and weekends

Advice to Management

Pay rate is too low for the work you require

"CSR Lincare DME Supplier"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Longview, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Longview, WA

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You’re always paid on time, it’s hard to be directly blamed for center problems, insurance problems or lack of machines & supplies.

Cons

Worst management imaginable, HR is unresponsive, Orders are months behind, No chain of command, poor staffing. Constantly staying late to process orders, manger requiring OT to catch up on weekends because their is no staff.

Advice to Management

HR needs to be reachable. If a manager is throwing things in the office, cursing, verbally abusing both staff & patients, HR needs to be available. Managers should also adequately staff their center.

4. "Worst all around company I've worked at."

Current Employee - Center Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management has some freedom to get some things done

Cons

Upper management (everyone over the center manager level) does not care, will not help, will not change, will not work with you.

Advice to Management

"Listen to the whispers... you will not have to hear the screams!" Become competitive with all employees wages. Listen to the center managers. work with everyone like we are actually a team. I have had 92 employees in my center over a 4 year period and I have had 9 managers directly above me. THAT SHOULD SAY IT ALL!!! LISTEN!!! It seems as though, as long as Lincare continues to boast 37 million dollar years, no one is paying attention to what the low level employees are sacrificing to get you there. We all bleed the Lincare colors and get rewarded with more tasks, responsibilities and more beatings when we do not meet goals. We are losing our families due to no work / life balance. That's due to too few employees and too much volume. Couple that with absolutely unacceptable wages and no raises (and when we got raises it is an embarrassing 2.5% which doesn't cover the cost of living, or even a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread)... we are forced to leave Lincare. I have a lead CSR who has been with this company for 13 years in Virginia, to NC to Florida who is STILL making $13.81 per hour?? Even after SEVERAL attempts to rectify that... That is the same story for several employees that chose to stay for whatever reasons they have for staying. If nothing comes of this... at least "listen to the whispers." At this point they are full fledged screams... Take care of the few employees you still have or you will continue to have this UNGODLY amount of turnover!! Take some pride in your company and your employees. With all of the bonuses and perks upper management enjoys (like taking trips off our American Express points we accumulate in a years time on our manager/sales reps corporate cards) for your whole families... take the time to make it worth the employees time. We invest our lives and families in Lincare... you invest nothing in each number you employ. Change that!

5. "Customer Service"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Not many...other than I got a pay check and had a couple of nice women that I worked with.

Cons

The managers sat in the one of their offices and gossiped a lot! They would talk about other employees. Very juvenile and catty!

6. "Awful company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

There are no pros for this company

Cons

Extremely low pay, training is the worst

Advice to Management

Value your employees for their experience

"Pharmacy techs look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Possible quarterly bonus. No weekends or holidays. Benefits don’t entirely fall flat.

Cons

Vacation time is unrealistic, you have to work 10 years to get 15 days off. 25 years to make it to 20 days off a year. Vacation time doesn’t roll over, it’s either use it or loose it. Upper management is clueless. Techs get treated like the are disposable.

Advice to Management

My advice to management. Reform your vacation policy, is horriable. Allow staff to roll their time over to the next year. Same with sick time. If your employees could cash out the sick time they had remaining at the end of the year. There would be some incentive to not use them up. In the home Infusion world, Lincare is severely behind the curve. Technology has developed so many time saving and safety based applications. You need to start using them. Upper management has changed for the worse of their the last 5-7 years. The are disconnected and don’t care about little people. Stop throwing people under the bus to save your own shortcomings. When I first started there it was great. We had awsome management, the feeing that everyone mattered. Everyone had a voice. The last three years, all that disappeared. I would not recommend Lincare Infusion. Look else where, especially if your in the Indianapolis area.

"A good way to get into sales but not a long term career"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Star City, WV
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Star City, WV

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good way to get your foot into medical sales. Flexible schedule. Those are the only pros I can think of for this company.

Cons

Low salary, don’t get paid commission in a timely manner, no incentives, terrible micromanagement, patient care is not their main focus but money is.

"CSR"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hours were usually good.

Cons

Management awful, low pay... no sense of urgency or concern for patients. Fielded lots of calls from patients who did not get needed equipment, including oxygen. Company always trying to save a dollar at the expense of employees and patients. No room for advancement, unprofessional behavior from management.

"Customer service representative"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Insurance (that is if you dont have a family)

Cons

The whole company is just terrible and the chain of command is so corrupt.
    They work their employees to death, they stay short staffed and expect one person to do the job of 3 to 5