Lincare Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Kristen Hoefer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Restructure of upper management lost sight of what made the company (in 65 reviews)

• Much of the office staff are not the most competent or underpaid unfortunately effecting the work that gets done and sales reps losing trust of clients (in 33 reviews)

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Not much pros, they offer a lot of overtime but complain about it after. They want to offer overtime and people to work for free.

Cons

Out of order and unrealistic goals. They do not know how to manage a call center. Very unorganized, horrible management. No job security and no work/life balance. I would advise to run you don't want to work here. Patients are nothing more than money to them. Your whole job is relied on a board. No culture or values.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your employees, instead of implementing fear. Relate to them, provide realistic goals instead of blaming those if the board is not good.

"Believe the red flags! Don't ignore all these negative reviews!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, SC

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

🤔 It's really hard to say, the fact that you have a job is a pro, however you do not want this one. Wait, wait for a better offer and place value on yourself because I can promise you Lincare never will.

Cons

Horrible morale, always chasing your commission, management places no value on work/life balance or employer/employee relationship. They operate in a "crisis mode" and everything is an emergency and "all hands on deck" constantly! Also, if you are in sales you are guaranteed to never see most of your commissions. Terrible, just terrible.

Advice to Management

Pay your people and invest in technology.

"It was a great place to work until Linde bought them out."

Pros

The job was interesting and busy. I had a great manager. Benefits were decent.

Cons

Discretionary discipline and enforcement of policies. It was a who you know system. Linde brought in their own people to micro manage.

Advice to Management

Stop treating long term employees like crap and maybe they'll stop leaving. They're the ones who made this a successful company to begin with.

"Nothing has changed...."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's been just over a year since I left Lincare, and it seems that reading through these reviews, not much has changed or improved. Low morale, high turnover, $24k base salary for sales rep with .32 cpm reimbursement. No technology to increase productivity.... The only reason this company is still around is mainly in part due to size.... they have bought out most of the small town Mom and Pop companies due to increasing cutbacks with Medicare...they don't care about the patients, just the profit.

Cons

Every aspect of working for Lincare is a con....

Overworked, lot of responsibility on csr with no assistance . If the csr didn't do her job... I didn't receive my commission!! Csr is responsible for multiple phone lines, working with constant interruptions, so follow up was very poor. It's a vicious cycle that management will never correct because it would cost money to staff the office and invest in the people and technology, so instead, they will just suck the life out of you till you can't stand it anymore and walk away...

Advice to Management

Invest in your people.... patients over profits!!!

"I seriously don't recommend,"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hoover, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hoover, AL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to gain sales in healthcare.
    Company credit card.
    Monday-Friday

Cons

Base salary is $24,0000

You will have five categories that you will have to sell:
    1. Oxygen
    2. Nebulizer with medication
    3. Trilogy-Non-Invasive Ventilator
    4. PT/INR- home testing for warfarin patients
    5. CPAP

Commission is paid on new setups only.
    You will have to make 12-15 calls a day.
    If doctors doesn't document progress notes correctly, you will not get commission until you get notes corrected.

Mileage reimbursement is 32¢ per mile
    Insurance is high, very high!

All of that for a base salary of $24,0000

Advice to Management

Catch up with the current market. QP3 has to be a huge expense for the company!

"I'm begging you.. please don't work here"

Former Employee - Service Representative/Driver in Newnan, GA
    Former Employee - Service Representative/Driver in Newnan, GA

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was lucky to have a good manager. Benefits are great since you will need them due to the heart attack you may have. Some nice customers but few due to the company treatment.

Cons

As a human being it is my obligation to warn you of this place. No matter how hard you work, you can never catch up due to the insane amount of work orders and few employees and don't get me started on the unbelievable amount of paperwork that honestly adds hours to your already full day. You can't even stock the truck correctly because there are too many items that you need to try and fit in it for just half of your deliveries. It doesn't even make sense. Co-workers were great but, morale was beyond low due to everyone being totally exhausted. You literally work to after midnight and later if on call and then have to be back by 7... rinse and repeat. Should just sleep in truck but, I had a family that I never saw. You will make a great paycheck but, you're not going to ever get to spend it on anything fun. Nightmare sums this place up in one word.

Advice to Management

Care about the customers. So many complained about the lack of service from overwhelmed employees who couldn't give them the time of day. Also, the lack of necessary supplies that they needed took a toll on many of them.

"Healthcare Specialist, LPN"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Healthcare Specialist in Newark, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Healthcare Specialist in Newark, OH

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay was decent. The Monday thru Friday schedule was good as long as you weren't stuck on call. The patients were sweet as could be.

Cons

Upper management more focused on numbers and NOT patient care. My job was to seek other services while in patient homes whether the service would benefit the patient or not.

"If you survive 3 years, you get an award!"

Former Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A way to break into medical sales...ish

Cons

Way to many to share. Better off doing anything else if possible.

Advice to Management

Hard to know where to begin.

"Run! This place is not safe and not worth it"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty much the only good thing about Lincare is the overtime. Almost all centers are horribly under staffed, so you'll get more overtime than you ever wanted.

Cons

Understaffed, Insufficient training, Outdated equipment and resources, run by a massive out of touch bureaucracy that makes impossible demands while providing zero support.

Advice to Management

Too many problems to list here. My advice would be sell this company to someone who cares enough to run it properly.

"Ex Center Manager"

Former Employee - Center Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Now that it's over, it builds up my resume.

Cons

No training, no equipment, no staff. Zero support. Mandates and directives and threats galore, but no incentive. Pay you say? Any competitor pays substantially more for same job description. The stress I endured almost killed me. I can say, with full self awareness and responsibility, that choosing to accept the job offer at Lincare is one of the top 3 worst decisions I've ever made. Worked nights, weekends and holidays. Not because I was told to, because I was either hunting for equipment to set up new patients because my equipment order was rejected, again, or because I was trying to take some stops or an on call off of my ridiculously overworked service reps. In the end, expected to achieve sales numbers from 2005 goals. Except had 33% of sales force, and my interviewees fell into a black hole. Not one person in my center would have 1 positive thing to say about the company. No exaggeration.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter. There are decent people at corporate in Clearwater. There are a couple of bad apples, regional types, that have been around way too long. Want to cut cost? Eliminate those hefty salaries. Expensive place savers. That's all. But anywho, nobody of consequences will read this. They can't read these, or things would have changed somewhat by now. 90% of the reviews are the same, from across the country.