Lincare Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

Lincare Holdings Reviews

Updated September 19, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Restructure of upper management lost sight of what made the company (in 67 reviews)

• Can't make up focus--changes to day to say so sales reps are lost (in 34 reviews)

"Healthcare Specialist, LPN"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Healthcare Specialist in Newark, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Healthcare Specialist in Newark, OH

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay was decent. The Monday thru Friday schedule was good as long as you weren't stuck on call. The patients were sweet as could be.

Cons

Upper management more focused on numbers and NOT patient care. My job was to seek other services while in patient homes whether the service would benefit the patient or not.

"If you survive 3 years, you get an award!"

Former Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A way to break into medical sales...ish

Cons

Way to many to share. Better off doing anything else if possible.

Advice to Management

Hard to know where to begin.

"Run! This place is not safe and not worth it"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty much the only good thing about Lincare is the overtime. Almost all centers are horribly under staffed, so you'll get more overtime than you ever wanted.

Cons

Understaffed, Insufficient training, Outdated equipment and resources, run by a massive out of touch bureaucracy that makes impossible demands while providing zero support.

Advice to Management

Too many problems to list here. My advice would be sell this company to someone who cares enough to run it properly.

"Ex Center Manager"

Former Employee - Center Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Now that it's over, it builds up my resume.

Cons

No training, no equipment, no staff. Zero support. Mandates and directives and threats galore, but no incentive. Pay you say? Any competitor pays substantially more for same job description. The stress I endured almost killed me. I can say, with full self awareness and responsibility, that choosing to accept the job offer at Lincare is one of the top 3 worst decisions I've ever made. Worked nights, weekends and holidays. Not because I was told to, because I was either hunting for equipment to set up new patients because my equipment order was rejected, again, or because I was trying to take some stops or an on call off of my ridiculously overworked service reps. In the end, expected to achieve sales numbers from 2005 goals. Except had 33% of sales force, and my interviewees fell into a black hole. Not one person in my center would have 1 positive thing to say about the company. No exaggeration.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter. There are decent people at corporate in Clearwater. There are a couple of bad apples, regional types, that have been around way too long. Want to cut cost? Eliminate those hefty salaries. Expensive place savers. That's all. But anywho, nobody of consequences will read this. They can't read these, or things would have changed somewhat by now. 90% of the reviews are the same, from across the country.

"Does not care about employees at all"

Former Employee - Center Manager in Beckley, WV
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Beckley, WV

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You may meet some good people, most likely not. Do not trust anything you are told. Corporate office is a joke, full of people that do not help anyone. They will talk down to anyone in the field and do not support anyone. They will throw out some new idea or something to make money but half way does it and expects the field to make it work. Nothing they do it thought thru or done properly. They make you watch videos and have someone read a manual to you and then expect you to know your job the way they want it done, training is non existent.

Cons

Company does not value employees at all. No training, or communication. Would not recommend to anyone. Management lies to everyone. Could care less about personal lives or your family.

"Horrible to work for ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None to share at all

Cons

Very manipuative unprofessional disrespectful company

Advice to Management

Shut down customer pay office

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are ok and hours are ok.

Cons

No professional atmosphere, have to handle dirty oxygen tanks w/no gloves, few staff are very helpful but the bad out weighs the good. Never have I worked at a company this bad but what can you expect with no professional structure and poor work ethics, patients and referrals have to deal with unprofessional attitudes.....glad not to be part of a unorganized work environment

Advice to Management

Improve work environment to a more professional environment, organize professional attitudes

8. "Lincare review"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

There maybe some people there who care.

Cons

But the odds are not in our favor.

Advice to Management

Hire honest people

"Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

80% of employees are great and get along well, on the road all the time and able to help the needs of patients

Cons

This place has gone through five different managers in 2 1/2 years, most dysfunctional place I've ever worked with and management constantly is argumentative and looks down upon her employees and speaks to them as if they're beneath her and also argues with customers and extremely rude to staff... manager was demoted at one location and promoted at another 6 months later because no one wanted the position, The managers make less money than the driver/service reps

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and stop trying to micro manage people and maybe you'll keep a functional staff instead of rotating over 15 people out the door in 2 an a half years

"Never again"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pleasant coworkers, no work on Sundays.

Cons

Long hours of forced overtime with minimal time off given leads to other departments coming in sick and cranky. Low wages for required work. Supervisors were mostly uncaring and hostile when requested for real assistance.

Advice to Management

Look to your supervisors to see why there is such a high turnover rate. If people keep leaving, your company won't have anyone left to abuse and mistreat.