Lincare Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

Lincare Holdings Reviews

Updated April 28, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Restructure of upper management lost sight of what made the company (in 64 reviews)

• Much of the office staff are not the most competent or underpaid unfortunately effecting the work that gets done and sales reps losing trust of clients (in 33 reviews)

1. "Billing Office Manager"

Former Employee - Billing Office Manager in Conyers, GA
    Former Employee - Billing Office Manager in Conyers, GA

I worked at Lincare Holdings (More than 8 years)

Pros

They are working on a better training

Cons

The work hours are very long

"Do not Recommend..."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cookeville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cookeville, TN

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, PPO plan, great 401k match

Cons

Extremely poor management. This company does not care about its employees. They misrepresent themselves to employees and referral sources. They cut corners at every turn & will find anyway possible to keep you from getting commission for the referrals you've gotten. I worked over 50hours per week and my net earnings were around ~$35,000 for the year. It was mentally exhausting. Everyone was always in fear for their job at my center & several offices in surrounding areas were closed in 2016. I would not reccomend this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

My immediately manager was lazy, incompetent,manipulative, & a bully. Many formal complaints were made and nothing was done.

"Only do this if your desperate for a job, but keep looking."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Driver in Wauconda, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Driver in Wauconda, IL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

It's a noble job if you want to help people,but's that about all this job has going for it.

Cons

Mostly delivering pressurized and liquid Oxygen to patients homes and care facilities, (which the Department of Transportation classifies as a hazardous material) for $13 - $15 an hour depending on "experience" by the HR department. You'll be in the $13 end. The selling point to get you to take the job is the overtime you can earn by being "on call", so say goodbye to any outside life.
    Not all homes are like this, but be prepared to be exposed to health hazardous situations because some people are living like hoarders, so your having to carefully walk over stuff without tripping or twisting an ankle. Or will have animal feces and urine smells throughout the house you get to breath in from all the pets they don't clean up after. Oh and don't wear a mask to protect yourself (although in training they tell you to do so) because you need to be compassionate to the patient and their situation.
    There's no money to wash the delivery vehicles, so it comes out of your pocket if you need to clean it. Need air for the tires? Your dollar to stop at the local gas station to fill them up. Need to find an address? Your investing in the Garmin or using your personal cell phone to find that address. Oh and don't get caught using that cell phone either, terminable offense even if it's hands free.

Advice to Management

Majority of the training videos are mostly from the 1980's and 90's (VHS Tapes). The most recent one I recall seeing was from 2005. Could use a bit of updating here.
    Modernize the computer system in the office and on the delivery vehicles. It's obvious with all the penny pinching there's no interest in investing in the employees or improving their compensation, only the managers reap any crumbs of reward.

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Lincare Holdings (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working here!!

Cons

Everything is a con at this employer!!

Advice to Management

you should try to support, care and value your employees

"Pros and cons"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blasdell, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blasdell, NY

Pros

The people are amazing. I've met some of my best friends. The work isn't bad either. It's demanding at time but not hard.

Cons

Management isn't consistent. Rules change everyday based on moods. Fear is used to control the office instead of respect. Expectations are unreasonable.

Advice to Management

When you make a rule stick to it. Don't change it because you're happy today and you weren't the day you made it. That confuses everyone. Also, what's good for one is good for another. The office talks. You can't let your favorites get away with things that others don't. Be reasonable. We are human. We can't do everything.

"Horrible company"

Current Employee - Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Lincare Holdings (More than 5 years)

Pros

close to my home address.

Cons

No career path, no training, no bonus, no positive reinforcement, no performance management, no point in working for company.

Advice to Management

Look for new jobs, because Linde has realized they paid waaaaaaay too much for a company facing multi state FCA lawsuits and a 50% reduction in Medi reimbursement. They've been trying to sell for over a year.

8. "It's ok"

Former Employee - Service Representative in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Chico, CA

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So so pay and benefits.

Cons

Some employees figured out how to secretly be lazy. Very frustrating. Managers tend to be arrogant and care only about their own bacon. Employees treated very so so. Rare promotional opportunity to senior service rep. Lots of overtime. Have rotational on call.

Advice to Management

Pay as much attention to employees as you do contracts.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Products and Services
    - The people
    - Work/Life Balance
    - Great leadership team
    - Focus on adding new technology and resources

Cons

- Run very lean
    - Operate a little in silos depending on work location but that is improving

Advice to Management

Communicate, Communicate, Communicate. We have a great leadership team and employees want to hear more from you.

10. "Service representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

The people I worked for were great. There was a real feeling of a small office and as much overtime as you could ever dream of.

Cons

No room for advancement. The company allows you to make your own route however there a constantly things added onto your busy day you are required to do before punching out.

Advice to Management

My manager and I got along very well but sometimes too well. We were more friends than boss and colleague and that allowed a lot of emotions into exchanges.

11. "Respiratory Therapist"

Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Lincare Holdings (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and good life balance.

Cons

Pay was poor and taking call, no extra pay.