Lincare Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 26, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Restructure of upper management lost sight of what made the company (in 65 reviews)

• Much of the office staff are not the most competent or underpaid unfortunately effecting the work that gets done and sales reps losing trust of clients (in 33 reviews)

"sales of lincare service to healthcare professionals and facilities"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good experience in to medical sales. Nice 2 week vacation..uh, training in FL

Cons

base salary is low. Commission is difficult to get due to the hoops managed care has created to qualify for reimbursement. Turnover is very high due to the cons of the job. Anybody at the center level is treated like a #, what have you done for me lately, more more more with inadequate tools provided to produce.

Advice to Management

You may retain some quality employees if you "care" a little more about the center level employees.

"Outdated and clueless"

Former Employee - Center Manager in Waite Park, MN
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Waite Park, MN

I worked at Lincare Holdings (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyday you get to help someone who needs you. Some of the centers have good people. The mix of office and on the road was ok

Cons

Area managers and above are clueless they give you project after project and don't help you hire to meet the need. So every center is understaffed and poorly trained. To top it off they make you compete for business against your own company. Paperwork is so bad that some centers don't even file medical information they just throw it boxes. The FDA would have a field day if they took a closer look

Advice to Management

Update your systems remove area managers and work as one company. So that patient care really is what the company is about. Not just profits

"Good Starting Job"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Great Experience into the world of medical sales. Lots of opportunities after you have 2 years of sales experience to move on to pharmaceutical sales or surgical equipment sales. Best training you could get they send you to QP3 third party training.

Cons

They hold commissions you will not see but maybe 1/3 of them get paid. Lots of tedious work that hold you back from being on the road selling. If you already have experience in sales do not go here not worth it. They find stupid reasons not to pay you or reimburse you. You work hard to get paid even after you have made the sale and get the patient. Your real hard work will be getting paperwork fixed multiple times by doctors.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great training, but stop cutting salaries on those that have been there for years. You need to keep those employees that are valuable and have sacrificed a lot. They are the ones that have the good reputations with doctors offices. Management at the center level is hard because of the nitpicking by corporate. Managers can't function without getting scolded.

"not enough time in the day"

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of my co-workers are great

Cons

Unrealistic goals, constant staff turnover

"CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely love my co-workers and forming relationships with patients even if it's​ through the phone.

Cons

They expect to much from you and don't give you enough hours to do so. Sometimes working long hours even though office hours are 8-5 Monday-Friday. Some weekends you are expected to work as well.

"Csr"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

401k, health, vision and dental

Cons

Not enough per hr, have to wait 3 mths til you get bonus after you start, oh and i pay for health insurance... Comes out of my checks but i am not entitled to use it.

Advice to Management

Quit being lazy and supoort reps on the floor, learn how to fix your face and how to talk to reps, mgrs need more trainning in what they do, too many reps and not enough support

7. "Sales Represenattive"

Current Employee - Sa; Es Re[
    Current Employee - Sa; Es Re[

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Money is Good
    Networking is amazing

Cons

Lots of miles on your car
    Consistent raising of sales goals

Advice to Management

Stop with goals and let us do our job as reps

"Massive turnover and constant stress"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eureka, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eureka, CA

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Possibly better than being homeless?

Cons

This is a horrible company to work for. Unbelievably disorganized and hostile work environment for such a large company. In the six months I worked there two managers and the front desk person left the company. Lincare has terrible customer service, and the management seems to be focused solely on the bottom line. Customer and employee satisfaction are NOT top priorities at all. On top of all that, at the end I wasn't even getting paid my full hours, and I still haven't gotten my final check, even though California has a 72 hour law for final checks.

"If you like drama , chaos, being overworked , and underpaid.."

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knowing there's a better company out there who appreciates their employees and customers .. no real pro except for the fact I once made a good income until a new sheriff came in and shuffled the deck.

Cons

It was once an "ok" company. I use that term lightly . I've been in call centers for over 10 yrs , and have found that this is the most poorly ran company to work for. Favoritism is obvious, and they take advantage of the ones who are unaware. They have cut back hours , and manipulate the metrics so that their favorites "out-perform" the rest . There was once an opportunity for unlimited OT, but they have controlled it to when and only when they want to you work OT. Which is usually only when they want to meet their order quote. The environment is stressful and mentally draining , and don't get caught trying to pace yourself . I can go on for hours but considering I never write a review for any company I've worked for , take heed . MICROMANAGMENT HELL. The leads have no real leadership skills , they just pretend to know what their doing . They stand around half the time gossiping , and making fun of new hires or ones that aren't their favorite.

Advice to Management

No sense in giving advice to a management who's convinced their drill Sargent scare tactics are and will continue to work . Continue to take advantage of the poor elderly whose lives depend on your poor services , and lack of consistency. Medicare should rip the contract into shreds , along with other providers you scheme into doing business with.

"Upper Management is Horrible"

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Coworkers are fantastic! Communication is top notch.

Cons

Upper Management cares ZERO about you. Same trainings over and over. It's all about money and growth NOT the patients.