Lincare Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 9, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Fast paced environment with no relief from upper management (in 70 reviews)

• Can't make up focus--changes to day to say so sales reps are lost (in 34 reviews)

"I'm begging you.. please don't work here"

Former Employee - Service Representative/Driver in Newnan, GA
    Former Employee - Service Representative/Driver in Newnan, GA

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was lucky to have a good manager. Benefits are great since you will need them due to the heart attack you may have. Some nice customers but few due to the company treatment.

Cons

As a human being it is my obligation to warn you of this place. No matter how hard you work, you can never catch up due to the insane amount of work orders and few employees and don't get me started on the unbelievable amount of paperwork that honestly adds hours to your already full day. You can't even stock the truck correctly because there are too many items that you need to try and fit in it for just half of your deliveries. It doesn't even make sense. Co-workers were great but, morale was beyond low due to everyone being totally exhausted. You literally work to after midnight and later if on call and then have to be back by 7... rinse and repeat. Should just sleep in truck but, I had a family that I never saw. You will make a great paycheck but, you're not going to ever get to spend it on anything fun. Nightmare sums this place up in one word.

Advice to Management

Care about the customers. So many complained about the lack of service from overwhelmed employees who couldn't give them the time of day. Also, the lack of necessary supplies that they needed took a toll on many of them.

"Lincare"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment. Amazing co-workers. Purpose driven sales to improve patients quality of life.

Cons

Getting chart note and documentations correstly filled out in order to receive commission.

"Communication"

Current Employee - Regional Trainer Coordinator in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Trainer Coordinator in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Education, they are constantly adding things in the learning portal to keep us up to date

Cons

There isn't a stream line of communication, you usually find out changes after the fact

"Healthcare Specialist, LPN"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Healthcare Specialist in Newark, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Healthcare Specialist in Newark, OH

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay was decent. The Monday thru Friday schedule was good as long as you weren't stuck on call. The patients were sweet as could be.

Cons

Upper management more focused on numbers and NOT patient care. My job was to seek other services while in patient homes whether the service would benefit the patient or not.

"Decent job. Pays the bills. On call schedule can get bad at times."

Former Employee - Service Representative/Driver in Zanesville, OH
    Former Employee - Service Representative/Driver in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment and good people. The work isn't hard and you get to meet different people. Most of the job is driving so it isn't bad.

Cons

On call schedule. It's the main reason for turnover. It can be very long nights so watch your hours for driving so you don't go over the allotted DOT requirements.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees contributions. Even small recognition goes a long way.

"If you survive 3 years, you get an award!"

Former Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A way to break into medical sales...ish

Cons

Way to many to share. Better off doing anything else if possible.

Advice to Management

Hard to know where to begin.

"Run! This place is not safe and not worth it"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty much the only good thing about Lincare is the overtime. Almost all centers are horribly under staffed, so you'll get more overtime than you ever wanted.

Cons

Understaffed, Insufficient training, Outdated equipment and resources, run by a massive out of touch bureaucracy that makes impossible demands while providing zero support.

Advice to Management

Too many problems to list here. My advice would be sell this company to someone who cares enough to run it properly.

8. "Patient care representative"

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent training and local management. The freedom to earn as much as you want based on drive was a big plus.

Cons

Assistance from corporate in a timely manner when it came to marketing questions. Employee retention is a struggle based on commission payout structure.

"Ex Center Manager"

Former Employee - Center Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Now that it's over, it builds up my resume.

Cons

No training, no equipment, no staff. Zero support. Mandates and directives and threats galore, but no incentive. Pay you say? Any competitor pays substantially more for same job description. The stress I endured almost killed me. I can say, with full self awareness and responsibility, that choosing to accept the job offer at Lincare is one of the top 3 worst decisions I've ever made. Worked nights, weekends and holidays. Not because I was told to, because I was either hunting for equipment to set up new patients because my equipment order was rejected, again, or because I was trying to take some stops or an on call off of my ridiculously overworked service reps. In the end, expected to achieve sales numbers from 2005 goals. Except had 33% of sales force, and my interviewees fell into a black hole. Not one person in my center would have 1 positive thing to say about the company. No exaggeration.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter. There are decent people at corporate in Clearwater. There are a couple of bad apples, regional types, that have been around way too long. Want to cut cost? Eliminate those hefty salaries. Expensive place savers. That's all. But anywho, nobody of consequences will read this. They can't read these, or things would have changed somewhat by now. 90% of the reviews are the same, from across the country.

"Revolving Door"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Initial investment and training

Cons

Lack of investment in any position for long term retention, push you to succede but wont give you tools to do so, upper management is too far removed from their main buisness, unclear on expectations. Your coworkers that leave are the ones you want to stay and the only ones you want to stay that do are the ones who literally cant afford to leave.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, the only emplyees staying are the ones you dont want