Lincoln Benefit Life Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Lincoln Benefit Life full-time

Pros

Great People to work with, cared about the customer

Cons

Too Bad they were owned by Allstate

2. "Case Manager"

Former Contractor - Case Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Former Contractor - Case Manager in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Lincoln Benefit Life as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great position for me. I loved it. Management is really good at what they do.

Cons

Not enough work to keep me busy.

3. "Wonderful company with great values!"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Lincoln Benefit Life full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

LBL is a company with great values and with a relaxed atmosphere. Employees are treated like family. In most cases, management works to develop their employees for future promotion.

Cons

They are owned by Allstate.

5. "For Lincoln, it's a pretty good job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Good benefits, including for domestic partners; fun co-workers; onsite cafeteria and fitness center; pay is competitive for Lincoln at least on entry level jobs and is pretty decent overall; diversity; employee network groups; tuition reimbursement for a Bachelor's degree if you don't have one already (Masters and higher is at management discretion and probably won't happen); good work/family balance. Most departments have a casual dress code (some have business casual). Some areas, especially the phone service center, have good opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

Parent company Allstate has assumed greater and greater control over the last few years, and jobs have been shipped offshore as a result. Lots of "RIF's" at every level the last three years, at the Lincoln office and other offices as well. Pay for Performance here is pretty much a joke. You'll find your mid-year performance review that was "outstanding" has been turned to just "average" at final review, in order to justify giving you a smaller salary increase. Recognition is uneven and poor to begin with and the budget for it gets smaller each year. They do lots of food-based rewards and recognition, because they're inexpensive, and most people I know have gained a lot of weight since joining the company. Overall, pretty typical corporate atmosphere now and it no longer has that family atmosphere it had when I joined.

Advice to Management

Keep more jobs onshore. The payscale in Lincoln is more affordable than in some of our other corporate office locations. Consider moving more jobs to Lincoln instead of offshore.

6. "A great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Great people, fairly relaxed atomosphere, lots of opportunity, tuition reimbursement, family oriented. Profit sharing is tied to company performance.

Cons

Allstate Financial is the parent company and has gradually increased the "corporate" feel of the company. They sometimes get caught up in the workplace trend of the year and force feed their employees (Fish Philosophy for example). It takes forever for anything to get accomplished.

Advice to Management

Try to be less corporate - this is of course very difficult for a fortune 500 company to do. It is a huge company and it can't be treated like a small company.

7. "Good place to work."

Current Employee - Facility Assistant in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Facility Assistant in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Great benefits, good people overall to work with. Salary is comparable with similar companies.

Cons

Allstate, our parent company, calls the shots. This isn't always to the benefit of our company, I believe. There were more perks when I started before Allstate became more involved, and they make LBL less of a company than a brand of Allstate.

Advice to Management

Stand up to the suits in Illinois more than you do.

8. "Was a great place to work"

Former Employee - Underwriter
    Former Employee - Underwriter

Pros

Good company to work for. Solid management team.

Cons

Company was sold to an organization that no longer sold life insurance.