Lincoln Center Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Lincoln Center CEO Russell Granet
Russell Granet
Pros
Cons
  • "Very long hours for the fact that it was unpaid (nights and weekends)(in 5 reviews)

• "You will not see and should not expect to see minorities in Middle and Senior Management(in 5 reviews)

1. "Intern"

I worked at Lincoln Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible team, hardworking, fun. You learn a ton really fast and get to experience incredible performances and meet amazing people.

Cons

Very busy, so not a lot of time for personal downtime, BUT the work you're doing is fun!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Lincoln Center2018-09-24

"Zero job security, no benefits, lowest wrung, highest union potential."

Current Employee - Performance Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Lincoln Center part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fulfilling work in crafting patron experience. Plenty of opportunity to make hour cap if you are neurotypical, white, female.

Cons

Not a representative experience of the arts. Absolutely no upward mobility. This role qualifies for organization and card-check unionizing under ATPAM, but LCPA routinely hires early 20-somethings/aspiring white female actors to build a culture of corporatism/subservience, in order to prevent unionizing.

Lincoln Center2019-02-25

"The red tape is real... but so is that benefits package"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Lincoln Center part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brand name recognition is great; people respect the organization. Very kind and thoughtful co-workers, some minimal flexibility with telecommuting. Great to feel like you're working for an organization whose mission you support. Access to unique experiences, inspiring surroundings and kind, passionate people who enjoy their chosen field and want to help others enjoy theirs. Forward-thinking and inclusive group mindset.

Cons

Like most arts organizations, the pay is meh. As a part-time employee here with other jobs outside, I'm pretty sure my total annual income is as much or more than my supervisor's here, because I can earn more money doing just about anything else. Almost continual restructuring within the organization means anything involving HR (hiring, raises, promotions, role changes) takes months. Really. The red tape is real,...

Advice to Management

If there was a way to donate most or all of my part-time paycheck to get healthcare benefits through Lincoln Center, I'd do it in a heartbeat and Lincoln Center would have my loyalty forever.

Lincoln Center2018-12-11
  4. "Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts Umbrella Org"

I worked at Lincoln Center full-time

Pros

smart colleagues, exposure to great art - much complementary, amazing benefit package, room for growth, beautiful and well located campus

Cons

poor internal communication, leadership churn, somewhat factional environment

Lincoln Center2018-11-07
  5. "Good Location, Nice Surrondings"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Lincoln Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice location, right next to Julliard, on Lincoln Center campus. Work in the same building where a lot of Julliard students live. Cafeteria on lobby floor. Prestigious organization (if you're into Performing Arts) Yearly raises with review Spacious cubicles.

Cons

A lot of the processes, procedures, and even some of the people are antiquated & disorganized If you're not in Marketing or P&D, the culture is a bit flat, kind of boring. Not a large emphasis or culture of collaboration & team work. A bit cliquey Some of the people working here aren't of the highest caliber or quality.

Advice to Management

Bring in some younger people who have fresh ideas and perspectives Promote more of a collaborative culture within departments

Lincoln Center2018-11-06
  6. "Working at met was a experience"

I have been working at Lincoln Center full-time

Pros

Great pay, great crew, learned a lot

Cons

Long hours and night time hours

Lincoln Center2018-09-12

"Waste of the best years of my life."

I have been working at Lincoln Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people work at Lincoln Center. The best people leave as soon as is feasible.

Cons

If you’re a person of color, you can expect to stay in the position that you were hired for. In more than 5 years, I can only think of two people of color who have been promoted.

Advice to Management

Give all of your employees opportunities to grow and learn. Diversity STILL needs work, a lot of work. Maybe stop wasting money on stupid ideas and pay your lowest level employees more. We’re struggling. Stop letting idiots run things.

Lincoln Center2018-08-31
    • "Lincoln Center - not what you think"

Former Employee - Vice President Or Events in New York, NY

I worked at Lincoln Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is an extremely prestigious organization and you will be able to take in many amazing shows and evets.

Cons

It is an extremely fragmented organization - and the paperwork and bureaucracy is staggering. If you are used to getting things done in an expeditious way, brace yourself.

Advice to Management

Look at how to streamline your procedures. Look at providing on-boarding help for new employees.

Lincoln Center2018-07-01

"Very rewarding experience"

I worked at Lincoln Center full-time

Pros

passionate colleagues nice office environment work is intense & rewarding, a lot to learn treat interns nicely - activities, lectures, overtime rate

Cons

a few self-important people in management LCPA is dominated by privileged white people. they are making progress in terms of female representation. but they need to do a better job in hiring POC.

Advice to Management

Give POC more chances in senior management positions

Lincoln Center2018-03-03
    • "regret working there"

I worked at Lincoln Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hardworking lower- to middle-management teams. Excellent education programs and leadership.

Cons

Horrible senior management. Screaming in the halls. Backstabbing. Unprofessional behavior all around. No help from HR. Antiquated systems.

Lincoln Center2018-03-06