Lincoln Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass
Dennis R. Glass

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance philosophy tends to vary depending on your manager (in 22 reviews)

• Lack of room for advancement unless you move (in 6 reviews)

1. "Field Underwriter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

not enough money, 1099 contract, etc.

Cons

being my own boss great, but not enough money to pay the bills

Advice to Management

not sure

2. "The worst managers I've ever had the displeasure to work for."

Current Employee - STD Claims Examiner in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - STD Claims Examiner in Omaha, NE

Pros

Co workers
    Tuition reimbursement
    That's about it

Cons

Managers are terrible, uneducated, and act like they are unable to assistant anyone.
    Pay is terrible
    Everyone hates working here, so environment is dreary and depressing

Advice to Management

Clean house. The claims managers are all too busy trying to sell outside things (avon, Mary kay) to give a crap. They treat everyone like they are expendable.

"Ridiculous trash/recycling policy at Philadelphia office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

This review is exclusively about the trash/recycling policy at the Philadelphia office.

Cons

The building management at the Philadelphia office adopted a trash & recycling policy that removed trash cans from the offices and cubes. Workers have to walk their individual trash items to trash cans located in central areas or let the trash build up at our desks and make fewer trips. It is inefficient, inconvenient, wastes time, and is unsanitary.

The stated reason for the policy is to reduce the amount of plastic trash can liners going to the landfill and is required by the city. I am skeptical. The liner were often reused. That is the trash was dumped out and the used liner remained in the can. I suspect the real reason for the policy is to reduce labor costs

Advice to Management

Push back against the policy and ask for the trash cans to be returned. Ask for reduced rent due to reduced service. Move workers out of the Philadelphia office to reduce or eliminate the need for office space there. It is not apparent that management is doing anything.

"Poor Leaders"

Pros

Pay is competitive & some jobs allow you to work from home. The 401k match & PS are the best benefits
    Healthcare benefits are also decent.

Cons

Poor Management in RPS under Jamie Ohl. Senior Management wants us to wow clients, but they do not offer us the support or tools needed to Wow our clients. Also, your only treated well or accepted if your a long time Lincoln employee and you don't speak up.

Advice to Management

Replace the longtime Lincoln management with newer employees with fresher more competitive ideas.

"Horrible company"

Current Employee - Financial Processor in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Financial Processor in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Good benefits and never a dull moment

Cons

Very low pay, no room for advancement.

"Benefit Specialist/Claims Examiner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent environment with mostly professional and friendly people depending on what department you are in. Benefits are decent and pretty good focus on wellness living.

Cons

Salaries below market value, high caseloads, individuals in leadership position beyond their competence level, high expectations with very little reward, allows hostile work environments to thrive w/o intervention especially between a subordinate and their supervisor/manager and/or other departments, departments like to build silos with very little help and/or cooperation with other areas, unprepared and doesn't do enough research before launching new products or services, very much reactive with very little focus on being proactive, will make "business decisions" to allow the payment of benefits to claimants for events/situations that don't meet the stipulations of the contract but b/c the broker bring in a significant amount of premium and "we want to make them happy" as well as b/c of how high the claimant was on the food chain within the client's organization - basically the low man on the ladder gets hosed. Career pathing is a joke and although it has very good looking materials with a pretty decent breakdown of the different levels and job titles associated with those levels, it doesn't provide any practical ways to develop the skills and abilities to get to the next level, which means if you don't have a decent-good manager you are not going anywhere.

Advice to Management

Hit the reset button, wipe the hard drive clean and start all over b/c you definitely have lost your way. You have picked up a serious mess of malware and viruses along the way that has corrupted your system and infected everyone from the top on down. Mr. Abraham Lincoln would be ashamed to have his name associated with this train wreck.

"Underwriter"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady, stable employment. Lots of PTO and lots of surprise perks. It started out if a wonderful place to work until it wasn't.

Cons

Pay, expectations and favoritism is rampant. The employees should unionize for their own protection. The company is yet again reorganizing and driving a lot of seasoned, well trained and highly competent employees out of their positions.

Advice to Management

Stop being bullies. Listen to your employees as they got you where you are.

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great 401K; Food in the cafeteria is very good; covered parking

Cons

The Group Protection area lacks structure and organization. There are a lot of AVP, VP and Directors but no real leadership. There is a loss of reality at this company. Group Protection is light years behind the industry competition. Technology, practices and standards are outdated. There is no teamwork or collaborative effort to run the business. Everyone is out to make themselves look good, but has no concern for the organization as a whole. You will be quickly thrown underneath the bus. The turnover is extremely high. YOU WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL IN GROUP PROTECTION! The account management staff is clueless and quite frankly LAZY.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. You will regret it.

Advice to Management

Gain a sense of reality and recognize that people want career advancement, growth and development. The staff needs execution of your words and not the hot air.

"Corporate Finance Is Awful - DO NOT WORK THERE"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

Benefits package is great, I recommend LFG IT areas, but not anything under Finance.

Cons

This particular area is the worst management I have ever seen. I had some safety concerns and they were just dismissed and turn to be my issue. HR does nothing about any situation that is brought up to them. I recommend not getting a job in Finance unless you want to have no trust, no logical answers, extremely strict to have control over you and if you have any differing opinions are punished for them.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees by trusting they are professional adults. If they are not performing, then that is an issue.

Lincoln Financial Group Response

Feb 22, 2016

Lincoln Financial Group takes all concerns related to employee safety very seriously. So that we can conduct a thorough review of the issues cited in your posting, please contact Karen ... More

"Manager"

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

Office job, set hours, nice building (cafeteria inside)

Cons

Everything. Absolutely NO training. In my first day I was shown my desk (which had no chair), the supply cabinet, and introduced to my staff (25+). That was it. But it's not really that big of a deal, as none of the managers have any idea what they are doing. I get emails all day long telling me mistakes that have been made in my department, which would be alarming, if I EVER saw my boss. He's too busy sneaking out early.

Advice to Management

Train people, be present. Don't talk about how the company's people are your biggest asset - show them.