Lincoln Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass
Dennis R. Glass

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance depends on individual department/manager (in 28 reviews)

• Upper management unwilling to cooperate with front line management (in 13 reviews)

1. "Claims examiner"

Pros

Co-workers are great. Great benefits.

Cons

number of claims per examiner

2. "LTD Benefit Specialist"

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

Duties of the actual job was enjoyable and challenge. Pay was decent.

Cons

Management turnover and employee firing was rampant. They treat there employees like garbage.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of the job for me was being able to work in an interesting industry. I loved learning about retirement accounts and securities. I also enjoyed being able to assist our customers when they would call in. Finally, I really enjoyed my team. Our team lead was the best hands down. Very supportive and encouraging in a stressful job.

Cons

The upper management was not supportive of helping employees advance in their career at Lincoln. Several employees wanted to get different security licensing and without being backed by a Financial company you cannot obtain them. We were told several times we would be able to take the exams to get licensed. When asked about our study material we were told we had to wait. It became stressful with call volume increasing and lack of training. Although pay is not everything I was surprised by how different the pay levels were for the same job role. Some started at 11.00/hr others started well over 18.00/hr. It would not have bothered me too much if we had been able to get licensed and thus at least given the opportunity to move up or around within Lincoln.

Advice to Management

My advice is to invest in your employees future. Lincoln portrays a very caring work environment but no follow through. For goals each year employees are told to select goals they want to achieve. Employees have selected goals and training that they wanted to take only to be denied by the management. Human Resources and Management need to be on the same page. Do you invest back into the people who help Lincoln run as smoothly as possible or do you neglect your employee's future goals and watch them walk. It is evident that some upper management would rather have high turn over than keep solid workers around.

4. "Disappointing"

Pros

Insurance benefits, events, little perks

Cons

pay first and foremost. Production demands literally forced down your throat which makes for a very unpleasant working environment.

Advice to Management

Put yourself in the employees shoes for once.

5. "Strong distribution , not sure for how long since Robo and Hybrid Advisor channel models growing rapidly"

Current Employee - Vice President Engineering in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President Engineering in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

earnings, sales team and number of advisors

Cons

Senior Mgmt Committee decision process is too slow. Company lags the peer group in robust technology platform for sales and operations.

"Middle Management Lacks Leadership Abilities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-401 K Match 6% plus additional 4%
    -Atlanta campus is beautiful

Cons

-Middle management lacks the skills and experience to lead teams in a positive direction; no servant leadership; poor job of representing the company's core values
    -Outdated systems create complicated and manual processes
    -No real HR presence in Atlanta office
    -No diversity at the Director level and above
    -Lack of trust in employees
    -Expect employees to work like ‘robots,' with little scope for personal initiative

Advice to Management

Hire servant leaders who are committed to the core values and place an importance on people (customers and employees.)
    Hire knowledgeable managers
    Pay attention to employee feedback

"Lincoln is an okay company to work for, however they are approvements to be made."

Current Employee - New Business Associate in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - New Business Associate in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good (Not great, but not subpar either), co workers are great, pto time allotted is good as well

Cons

Depending on the department you work the pay sucks. If you work in the New Business and Underwriting department, be prepared forthe bottom of the barrel treatment.

Advice to Management

Transparency is a word that needs to be added to the vocabulary and culture. Everything is a secret, which in turns creates disdainment in the employees and results in lack of moral. It's not cool, to make your employees feel that their contribution to company bottom line is trivial and that their job is menial. It wouldn't hurt to apply diplomacy while having meetings. Also, do not use the word opportunity especially if the "opportunity" is one sided. Know your audience and it wouldn't hurt to appreciate those that make significant contributions to further/better the department in which they work.

"Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren't many pros to this job. The only pro is the 401k plan, it's exceptional. The health benefits are not too bad.

Cons

Where do I start. Management is horrible. They micro manage on every level. At times we are treated like kindergartners. Management talks bad about employees behind their backs and to their faces. Management is constantly changing procedures and not always for the better. It seems like they have a purpose for the change but haven't thought through the change. Unfair practices are every day occurrences in this place. If you are in good with management you will advance, if not you won't. There are very few jobs to move up to and working your way up is very slow. Honestly, they have unfair labor practices beyond what I could have imagined. It really couldn't be much worse.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be trained in managing people. Micro-managing has never worked but this department is well known for their micro-management techniques.

"Feedback"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary, benefits, and investment in employees

Cons

Immature technology infrastructure, resources and especially leadership. Overall, poor leadership and highly passive aggressive environment.

Advice to Management

Accept what you don't know and leverage those resources who have more technology experience. There is a difference in the "what" and the "how". You need to get out of your own way. Lack of good decision making within the Senior Leadership Team.

10. "Short Term Disability Examiner"

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

Nice people. Company has good benefits

Cons

Low pay, high stress.