Lincoln Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 24, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance philosophy tends to vary depending on your manager (in 22 reviews)

• Hard to move up in the same department, most must transfer out of a department to see a pay bump (in 7 reviews)

"If you are considering Lincoln-skip it."

Former Employee - NH - New Hampshire in Concord, NH
    Former Employee - NH - New Hampshire in Concord, NH

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They do match dollar for dollar up to 6% on 401k contribution.

Cons

The mission changes from week to week. Management not accessible , not transparent and overall only interested in their personal best interest.

Advice to Management

Listen to the concerns of your employees. They are closer to the issues than you are.

"Do not recommend"

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

Decent benefits and balanced workload

Cons

Employees are not treated equally, management does not listen to employee concerns, discriminatory promotion practices. Training is inadequate.

Advice to Management

Take employee concerns seriously. Eliminate favortism when considering employees for promotions.

"Worst Place I have ever worked"

Former Employee - Workforce Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Workforce Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with some amazing and most hard working people I have ever met.

Cons

Micromanaged to exhaustion. No support from managers, really early hours, only to be called 5 mins after start to see if I showed up. Typos on report caused a bad review no pay increase the 2 yrs I worked there due to bad support and no direction from upper. Even though it asked repeatedly for guidance to ensure I was doing a good job, nothing, but a bad review. Been around in the business world for over 20 yrs, worst place ever!

Advice to Management

Knock it off, and have normal managers, supportive. And pay better, took a 28% pay increase to work there, time of the crash, I had to take something. Worked my tail off, did a good job, and nothing in return from the company.

4. "You are a bad company to work for."

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

1. good cafeteria
    2. nice underground parking
    3. clean bathrooms
    4. pretty good technology

Cons

1. care about there bottom dollar before the care of their employees
    2. management can do anything they want to do...even if it is not right
    3. management micromanages their departments way too much. They need to leave us alone so we can do our jobs.
    4. too many meetings.
    5. writing up reviews every year is an arduous process

Advice to Management

Start appreciating the people you have instead of your bottom dollar. It was a great place to work for when Bob Bates was in charge. Now managers do anything they want to even if it is unfair. You do not value your people at all. How sad for you because you are loosing some of your better people.

"IT"

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

easiest job I've ever had. Overstaffed .... most of the time had little or nothing to do while making triple figures.

Cons

clueless, self serving, mindless management. don't ever expect them to stand up for their staff especially if they could potentially "look bad" in doing so ..... even if it was the right thing to do

Advice to Management

retire

"Project manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits ok. People friendly

Cons

Bully management style. Management punishes the truth. Technology out of date. If you enjoyed high school then you'd enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Grow a back bone, corporate needs to fire all omaha leaders in management. Demand truth and honesty, instead of accepting lies and cliques from bad managers.

"Benefits"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lincoln provides outstanding benefits to its employees. They really take care of not only paying well but ensuring the other benefits are handled.

Cons

Like any other large financial company, sometimes the lines of communication with upper management can be difficult. All in all, it is still a good company.

Advice to Management

Clear out some of the levels of upper management. It seems like a lot of folks are in a position of management based on years of experience versus actual skill set.

"Project Manager"

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

Culture is good. Great people work there and support the community.

Cons

Management is weak. Business partners bully Project Managers and refuse to acknowledge truth of project. ePMO is so governance focused that PM just does reports. Bad unethical behavior and favoritism runs rampant through out Management ranks that hard working individuals get written up, fired or just leave.

Lincoln Financial Group Response

Jan 4, 2016

Lincoln Financial Group does not tolerate unethical behavior in any manner, and we take these types of concerns seriously. So that we can conduct a thorough review of the issues cited in your... More

"Manager"

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

Office job, set hours, nice building (cafeteria inside)

Cons

Everything. Absolutely NO training. In my first day I was shown my desk (which had no chair), the supply cabinet, and introduced to my staff (25+). That was it. But it's not really that big of a deal, as none of the managers have any idea what they are doing. I get emails all day long telling me mistakes that have been made in my department, which would be alarming, if I EVER saw my boss. He's too busy sneaking out early.

Advice to Management

Train people, be present. Don't talk about how the company's people are your biggest asset - show them.

"Corporate Finance Is Awful - DO NOT WORK THERE"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

Benefits package is great, I recommend LFG IT areas, but not anything under Finance.

Cons

This particular area is the worst management I have ever seen. I had some safety concerns and they were just dismissed and turn to be my issue. HR does nothing about any situation that is brought up to them. I recommend not getting a job in Finance unless you want to have no trust, no logical answers, extremely strict to have control over you and if you have any differing opinions are punished for them.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees by trusting they are professional adults. If they are not performing, then that is an issue.

Lincoln Financial Group Response

Feb 22, 2016

Lincoln Financial Group takes all concerns related to employee safety very seriously. So that we can conduct a thorough review of the issues cited in your posting, please contact Karen... More