Lincoln Property Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Lincoln Property Company President and CEO Tim Byrne
Tim Byrne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • One can occasionally experience a lack of support from upper management (in 24 reviews)

• They talk about work/life balance but are not willing to offer flexible work schedules (in 5 reviews)

1. "Biggest company but has the small company feel"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lincoln Property Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly, charitable and forgiving. The company is over 50 years old but still always looking for ways to improve. Family like.

Cons

They don't take employee opinions on location or property but place employees based on their opinion. Glass ceiling for growth beyond business manager.

Sep 18, 2017 – Marketing and Client Services Manager

We love that you feel like part of a family. We couldn't agree more. So sorry to hear your thoughts about the team not listening to opinions on where to be placed. I will pass your message along to... More

2. "Property Manager"

I worked at Lincoln Property Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. They really care about their employees and work with you.

Cons

Not enough properties in the South Carolina area to work.

Sep 5, 2017 – Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thanks so much for sharing and thank you for your time with LPC!

3. "A Company about Its People"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Lincoln Property Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not only do they provide the best tools in training, marketing, and management, but they also provide the best onsite management for the neighbors that live onsite! It is truly a company about all its people. Employees, neighbors, and vendors!

Cons

That every owner is not hiring Lincoln as their fee Managment company. Lincolns reputation speaks volumes about what they can offer them as well.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Aug 21, 2017 – Marketing and Client Services Manager

We're smiling from ear to ear! Thanks so much for sharing and for your time with LPC so far.

"Project Accountant"

I worked at Lincoln Property Company full-time

Pros

Lots of perks and diverse work (working with different properties/owners/softwares/etc)

Cons

Can be a lot of work at times,high turn-over

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to focus more on employee growth and development.

Aug 14, 2017 – Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the diverse work and agree that employee growth and development is extremely important. Thanks for your time with... More

5. "A company that truly cares about their employees."

Current Employee - Property Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lincoln Property Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The education they provide gives you all the tools you need for your job.

Cons

There is not any cons to Lincoln .

Advice to Management

PTO instead of sick and vacation time would be great.

Aug 14, 2017 – Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thanks so much for sharing with us! We're thrilled you're enjoying your time with LPC and we'll make sure to pass your suggestion along.

Thank you!

"Terrible Company, Terrible Regional Management"

I worked at Lincoln Property Company full-time

Pros

I cannot think of any.

Cons

I worked at a takeover property. From inception, there was no real support from regional management, and the regional manager was away for weeks, offering absolutely no support to our property. Bills were not getting paid, promises were not being delivered, resident (neighbor) service requests were not being fulfilled and the phones would ring off the hook with service requests and complaints day in and day out. I even offered to volunteer in the service department, conpleting the simpler tasks. It was really that bad.

Perhaps, there were well over 100 unfulfilled service requests, and the back log was at the very least 1.5 -2 months. I would attribute this to only having 3 service personnel for a 400 unit apartment community, and very poor systems in place. It was a very reactive, versus a proactive environment.

To top it off, amenities were closed and rents were raised. Despite those factors, the renewal retention rate remained high .

Ultimately, entire days were spent on service requests issues and very little time left to complete other projects. Ironically, management was completely overwhelmed, yet, their set standards only applied to the front line.

I've never ever seen a system where there are extreme double standards, the leaders have zero accountability, and their employees take all the blame for extremely flawed systems. Their arrogance in claiming to be the premier property management company is appalling and alarming: they are extremely ruthless, unethical and possess too many loose ends in their operational and organizational systems which do not promote a productive or positive work environment. Then, they act as if they are the industry's very best and have zero tolerance for anyone presenting valuable ideas to improve their systems.

That job was literary killing me, and I'm so happy to no longer be there. It was by far the worse employment experience.

My analysis is Lincoln Property Co has an Orwellian system which displays beautiful images that are simply devoid of any real substance. I would not walk, but rather run from this company.

Advice to Management

Be honest and don't use employees as your sacrificial lambs to cover your shortcomings and poor performance to dodge bullets from the owners. It might be in your best interest to offer exit interviews to gain a greater insight as to what is really occurring at your properties. As the saying states, the truth is often somewhere in the middle.

Sep 5, 2017 – Marketing and Client Services Manager

Oh my! We're so sorry to hear your experience was not a good one and can assure you that is not the case with the rest of LPC. If you'd like to give us some details about which community you're... More

"Make ready"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lincoln Property Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Is good company, bot I looking better job and more confortable.

Cons

I not have noting more for to say.

Advice to Management

two week before have other job.

Jul 24, 2017 – Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your input!

"Asst. Controller"

I worked at Lincoln Property Company full-time

Pros

LPC offers flexible work hours. Policy and procedures in place.

Cons

Work long hours on a regular basis .

Advice to Management

Management should appreciate quality employees and increase the 401k match.

9. "Property Manager"

I have been working at Lincoln Property Company full-time

Pros

They promote employees from within!

Cons

Need a training program to compete with larger companies.

Jul 24, 2017 – Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your view! We love promoting within, our people are the absolute best of the best. We will pass the training request along to the Learning & Talent Development department... More

10. "great company"

Current Employee - Lesing Professional in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Lesing Professional in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Lincoln Property Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good benefits, great values, good teamwork

Cons

not enough potential for growth, work on weekends,

Jul 10, 2017 – Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your view with us! We love that you enjoy the benefits, values, and teamwork (so do we!) In terms of growth, your hard work will not go unnoticed. LPC loves to promote from... More