KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lincoln Property Company

Engaged Employer

Lincoln Property Company

Add a Review

Lincoln Property Company Employee Reviews about "culture"

Updated Jun 30, 2022

Found 78 of over 1,012 reviews

4.2
Lincoln Property Company President and CEO Tim Byrne
Tim Byrne
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and you get to meet so many people.(in 88 reviews)
  • "The pay is good at first until work catches up to you and you're killing your self whit extreme over time(in 59 reviews)
  • "Great training and organization for new employees.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Meet a few great people(in 28 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance(in 20 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor communication between corporate teams and onsite teams, no HR department, upper management is cliquey and judgmental, the PM software is extremely inefficient and doesn't work half the time.(in 31 reviews)
  • "Poor management sometimes, not room for growth to corporate unless you have a bachelors degree(in 28 reviews)
  • "Some managers are amazing.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Because it's a large management company you can get overlooked.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Low salaries and you are dispensable at any given moment.(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lincoln Property Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee

Mixed feelings.

Dec 3, 2008 - Business Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lincoln has a great culture and is very loyal to employees. We have fun activities such as manager's day out, spa days, shopping days, we get our birthday off, 1/2 a day for Christmas shopping, river trips, and much more. Lincoln is great about hiring people who can work with other people.

Cons

Senior managment can be slightly unprofessional at times. Also, work life balance is an issue even with salared employees. Managers are required to work weekends, and are required to work the same hours as hourly employees. Another downside is that because we are fee managed, the employees must work very hard with less benefits because Lincoln is selling our services to clients.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Thankful to work at LPC

Apr 16, 2019 - Business Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engaging work environment, Excellent training, and Effective management. I do not want to work for any other company. Lincoln provides competitive benefits and pay as well as a priority for people whether employees, residents or vendors. I appreciate the strong policies and procedures and they strive to keep up with technology and today's business culture.

Cons

Promotions may not come as quickly as one would hope; however, Lincoln Property Company does hire and train to promote from within the company. It is up to the individual if they want to excel in their career at Lincoln. Feedback from some supervisors is slow to non-existent, so initiative is important on the employee's side.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

We appreciate your kind review of Lincoln Property Company! You have truly been a valued team member these past few years. It's lovely to know that you are planning on continuing your career with us for many more years to come. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our policies and promotions! We'd be happy to chat with you, so please connect with your supervisor. Thank you!

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good place to make money without a 4 year degree

Mar 18, 2016 - Assistant Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits!! The insurance is cheaper than a lot of other companies and it is great coverage. You get all the major holidays off and work a 1/2 day the days before and after.

Cons

There is definitely a different culture if you work in Dallas from any outer city properties. There are all kinds of events for employees but they are all in Dallas at the Village. Most of these events you get drink tickets and having fun and letting loose is very encouraged which is fine if you live in Dallas, if not your just like well this was a waste of my time. And nothing is ever really said about drinking and driving and with such a big company you would think they would care enough to at least say 'Be careful on your way home'. Be prepared to sacrifice your weekends, even if you request it off you still may have to work.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Aug 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and fit are very important

Cons

No downsides that come to mind

Marketing and Client Services Manager

We're delighted to hear that you are having a 5-star experience at LPC! Thanks so much for the great feedback!

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Worst experience in the industry ever! RUN!!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary. Satisfactory benefits. Large company with an overall positive industry image, although it is completely undeserved. Provided with all the software/tools you could ever need.

Cons

Tenure trumps talent. Hiring of (close) relatives is common practice and in some cases, one relative supervises another. Inconsistent administration of company policies/rules and opportunities. Culture of a few favorites prospering and the rest of the employees are left behind.

National Marketing Manager

Hello, We're disappointed to see this review from a current employee and would love the opportunity to make a difference in the region. Please feel free to send an anonymous email or message to Sheri Sandefur at ssandefur@lpsi.com. We believe in our core values and that people are our best asset and the foundation of our company; we do not take reviews like this lightly and encourage you to please let us know what we can do to help!

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Run Away As Fast As You Can-Do Not Go Here

Jun 26, 2016 - Project Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have core hours but they are willing to let people work varying schedules.

Cons

If they like you, then you are fine but if they don't like you, you will be gone with no warning. They fired one girl because they said, she wasn't a good enough accountant. She had been there one year and they let her go with no warning. After she was let go, she went to work for a competing Real Estate Company and was hired as a Senior accountant and then was promoted within a year to accounting manager. If you work at LPC you will be working 10-12 hour days and at least one weekend a month, no matter how many properties you have. There were some people there that had little children and would rush home to put their kids to bed and then would work to two, three or four in the morning. They expected you to be on call 24/7. A co-worker was on vacation with his family and had left messages on his office phone and email stating that. An owner of one of his properties called and to wanted to ask him a question. The person covering for him said that he was on vacation. The owner then called the managers and complained. They proceeded to turn around and call the employee on his vacation and yell at him for not answering the owner. If you work for LPC, don't ask for properties to be adjusted so you have less or you will be let go. For a 'national' company they are extremely disorganized. There is no set standard of how things should be done. There is also no constant flow in the office. The properties change hands way too many times. I have worked my whole career in property accounting and every place I have been, we always kept the same properties. There was never a change. At LPC, they change properties all the time, which is one reason there is no organizational flow. The whole company culture makes it seem as though you are working on an assembly line. LPC claims they treat their employees well but that is not the truth. If they are a Dallas based office they will be treated properly in most cases but even there some people are not treated well. If there was less than a star, I would give them that.

VP - Marketing & Communications

We certainly do appreciate your candid feedback and are concerned that you had this experience at LPC. We take your comments very seriously and would like to work to ensure this isn't something that everyone in the accounting department expects. Please email details to social@lincolnapts.com so we can help!

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Has really gone downhill

May 3, 2020 - Property Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Denver had a strong culture and was a great company to work for.

Cons

Note: the pro stated is past tense. The Denver regional has gone downhill. Members of the regional office were spreading rumors and playing favorites. I am not impressed by the new leadership and it needs improvement.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

We appreciate your thoughts as a former member of our team! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experiences with us. It's unfortunate to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your position, but please know that our team is dedicated to providing an exceptional experience for our team members. We wish you all the best!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Balance, respect, integrity, commitment, empowerment are all of the qualities that LPC strives to give it's employees.

May 11, 2017 - Leasing Manager in Marina del Rey, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Promotion from within. Flexible scheduling. Dedicated corporate team. Culture based company committed to growing the it's employees in a fun and positive atmosphere.

Cons

Too much work not enough time in the day. The constant resident issues tend to get a bit old as well.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing and Client Services Manager

We love that you agree with LPC's core values, promotion opportunities and corporate culture! This makes us smile. When dealing with people's homes, it can be time consuming. We want to provide you with all of the support you need. The California region has been bursting with employee growth lately and we hope this will help distribute your work load! Thanks for sharing.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible culture

Dec 27, 2021 - Property Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a nice bonus.

Cons

Very negative culture and no HR department.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing and Client Services Manager

We were sorry to see you go! It was lovely having you on our team. Thank you for sharing your feedback! We wish you all the best.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Jul 2, 2021 - Business Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture and team was great

Cons

Work life balance needs help!

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Hello there! It was lovely having you on our team at LPC. We appreciate your 5-star review as well as your comments on further improvement! We wish you all the best.