KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Lincoln Property Company Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Jun 28, 2022

Found 259 of over 1,008 reviews

4.2
Lincoln Property Company President and CEO Tim Byrne
Tim Byrne
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and you get to meet so many people.(in 77 reviews)
  • "The pay is good at first until work catches up to you and you're killing your self whit extreme over time(in 62 reviews)
  • "Great training and organization for new employees.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Meet a few great people(in 30 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance(in 19 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor communication between corporate teams and onsite teams, no HR department, upper management is cliquey and judgmental, the PM software is extremely inefficient and doesn't work half the time.(in 31 reviews)
  • "Poor management sometimes, not room for growth to corporate unless you have a bachelors degree(in 27 reviews)
  • "Some managers are amazing.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Because it's a large management company you can get overlooked.(in 11 reviews)
  • "management is a click and shows favoritism(in 11 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lincoln Property Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee

I can only speak for the Austin Division of LPC

Aug 4, 2021 - Property Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay, Continued work through Covid-19 pandemic. They continue to keep up to date policies and keeping up with the demands of the times. Non-pandemic times, they schedule to have great employee appreciation events.

Cons

Lack of regional management assistance where needed in staffing issues. Lack of Property Manager permissions to correct or dismiss employees not meeting employee policy standards. When reporting employee theft, unsatisfactory job performance, policy violations and spreading rumors about other staff members the regional dismissal of such issues is shocking. The Austin division also has its 'cliques', I would not label LPC Austin as a family oriented management company. I believe Lincoln would be a great company to work under if I had experienced a better regional management experience.

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Hello there, thank you for taking a moment to provide this feedback. It was a pleasure having you on our team at LPC, so we're sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your time with us. We do appreciate your compliments regarding our response to COVID-19 as well as our employee appreciation events. We're always seeking ways to improve, so thank you for sharing your feedback! We wish you all the best.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Fast track to a LPC- low paying career

Jan 8, 2011 -  in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lincoln has great opportunity for advancement. Most assistants and business managers are hired from within. They are also a good place to start your career in property management with an excellent training program in place. I've been promoted 2 times in the year I've worked for them.

Cons

They don't have an hr department and IT is subpar so they move slowly in those regards. They have way too many tedious policies to micromanage employees. They move employees constantly and will not compensate for the drive if it is within 35 miles of the previous property. Some rpms and managers discuss problem employees with everyone but the person with the issue and will often make their job so difficult (ie move 35 m) they quit. There is a lot of politics and if you have a degree and drive, watchout for who interviews you. I received a letter declining me employment initially but knew someone above the first manager I interviewed with and was sent to another property.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Journey

Aug 31, 2021 - Leasing Agent in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

management is really helpful when it comes to answering questions to ensure great customer service to my clients and residents.

Cons

short maintenance help at my location

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Welcome to LPC! It's been lovely having you as a new member of our team! We appreciate you for sharing your 5-star feedback with us.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee

If your property is not in Texas you do not matter.

Mar 23, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Basic health, vision and dental. 2. Birthday off, accumulated paid vacation time off based on years with company, paid sick leave (these last two maybe location based). 4. Paid 1/2 holidays off. 5. Every five years (get it number 5;) you get to pick an item from a anniversary catalog. The items do increase in quality and value every 5 years. 6. 401k is okay nothing to really get excited over. 7. Only the leasing staff are able to compete for awards yearly. 8. Pay is convoluted but above the industry standards. 9. You get two drink coupons at the Texas awards event every year!! 10. If you are not in Texas the regional manger only comes around once a month.

Cons

1. They like to half day the holidays so as to remain open every day 365 days out of the year. 2. If you earn over time they send you home early to counter balance over time. 3. Accounting takes months to pay you back. 4. Human resource department consists of ONE '1!' person. And she is not that pleasant to deal with (I don't blame her as she has to deal with the thousands of employees?). 5. Management could not manage themselves out of a wet paper bag if their life depended on it. The motto goes, Don't rock the boat we do not know how to swim. 6. Buddy system. Get your brown nosing skills honed as you will not be going places unless you put that smile on and nod and laugh to all their jokes and decisions(Seriously though there really isn't anywhere to go on this corporate step ladder). 7. Could be considered a PRO, you do not need experience or degrees for any job here. I've seen elementary kids at recess with better organizational skills then the clueless managers. 8. Your property is not in Texas? Be prepared to be ignored event and on awards (leasing staff are the only ones that seem consistent across the field award wise). 9. If you are in maintenance you are expendable. You do not even get awards for doing your job good. 10. At will, no job security. 11. They do not hire male leasing staff. 12. Monthly and yearly training courses. I had no clue the flue was going to be a tested subject in my line of work. Oh look the same office safety test the last 6 years. 13. Outdated portal / systems software. 14. MOLD RUN! The most over the top water intrusion policy ever. I might as well bring a cot if I have to check up on your mildew covered bathroom tile for the next week. Let's be honest here folks. This is basically one step up from the fast food industry. Instead of food were dealing with physical properties and higher budgets. Now if you're good with people you'll have no problem furthering yourself up the chain and into better paying positions. But if your looking to gain skills as in the maintenance side. You guys would be better off picking up an apprenticeship with the many different trades that are out there currently. As it stands this type of career is a mere stepping stone to better things people. I'm in the process of getting on board with Equity. I've heard the complete opposite about that property management company.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not worth your time

Nov 22, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The holidays were a fun time to be there.

Cons

- upper management is rude and doesn’t care about your concerns or problems as an employee - pay is awful - weekends mandatory for leasing - under staffed - drug use and relationships among employees - management didn’t handle issues well

Marketing and Client Services Manager

We are sad to see you hold such a low perception of LPC at this time. We want to make sure that all of our team is happy and we'd appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please give us a call. Thank you.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Leasing Agent

Jun 26, 2017 - Leasing Agent in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

401K and benefits. Vacation build up time.

Cons

Definitely NOT a place that has your back unless you're in a higher up position. Management can talk trash to and about you but you dare say anything back and they scream insubordination. Doesn't even follow Lincoln policies themselves and leaves work to do personal thing on the clock but raises hell if you make a doctors appointment that's not a day off. Pathetic company. Hard work does not pay off here. Getting 150 leases doesn't matter either. Jealous management can find any stupid reason to fire or write you up. Seeking legal action on this joke of a company. When 90% of your residents hate the manager but you're the one to be let go. Good luck keeping people there.

11 people found this review helpful

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Wow, we are so sorry you had that experience and didn't feel LPC had your back. I can assure you that was never the intention. We wish you nothing but good luck in the future and thank you for letting us know.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for.

Apr 21, 2022 - Property Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn and grow and progress in your career. Large company so lots of properties in many locations. Fun culture that values hard work.

Cons

Very policy driven and can be paperwork heavy at times so time management is very important.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Woohoo, thanks for your review!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Dec 7, 2020 - Assistant Controller in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people to work with. Management has been very supportive of my career goals and has helped to achieve them.

Cons

This is the only company I have worked for that does not allow jeans on Fridays. Base salary is on the low end, but this is partly made up for in the year-end bonus.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

We greatly appreciate your kind feedback regarding your time as a part of our team at Lincoln Property Company! It's been a pleasure having you as a part of our team. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on further improvements! We'd be glad to chat with you further, so please feel free to connect with your supervisor.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Dream Job

May 1, 2019 - Leasing and Marketing Professional
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great. The hours structure for full time employees is fantastic. Bonus potential and structure promotes a healthy, friendly and teamwork oriented work environment. It is a large company which allows room for growth opportunity.

Cons

Management (Area Vice President or Regional Property Management) can have a huge influence on your career experience. If you are not happy at work, in most cases it is not due to the Company, and can be fixed by changing Management.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thank you for the stellar feedback! It's been a pleasure having you as a part of our Lincoln Property Company team. We're striving to provide only the best for our team members, so your kind words are greatly appreciated! Feel free to connect with your supervisor if you ever need assistance.

10. 4.0

Decent Place to Work

May 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Established company, so they know what they are doing.

Cons

Upper management is often disorganized and it can be difficult to get a response from them.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thanks so much for letting us know.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 259 Reviews