KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lincoln Property Company

Engaged Employer

Lincoln Property Company

Add a Review

Lincoln Property Company Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Jun 30, 2022

Found 112 of over 1,010 reviews

4.2
Lincoln Property Company President and CEO Tim Byrne
Tim Byrne
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and you get to meet so many people.(in 81 reviews)
  • "The pay is good at first until work catches up to you and you're killing your self whit extreme over time(in 59 reviews)
  • "GREAT TRAINING, BEST IN THE INDUSTRY(in 34 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 30 reviews)
  • "Lots of great history and culture.(in 20 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor communication between corporate teams and onsite teams, no HR department, upper management is cliquey and judgmental, the PM software is extremely inefficient and doesn't work half the time.(in 31 reviews)
  • "Poor management sometimes, not room for growth to corporate unless you have a bachelors degree(in 27 reviews)
  • "Some managers are amazing.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Because it's a large management company you can get overlooked.(in 11 reviews)
  • "management is a click and shows favoritism(in 11 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lincoln Property Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee

Learned a Lot

May 19, 2011 -  in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learned a lot about from this position. The problem is however that they have acquired a heavier work load but do not want to hire more people. The company is heavy on favoritism and nepotism so to be promoted it's easier if you have family here. Not very happy with my manager but i cannot complain cause it will get worse. Overall though it is a great company.

Cons

Favoritism, nepotism. More people needs to be hired. Change the pay schedule from twice a month to biweekly,please.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Intern

Good place to go

Feb 18, 2021 - Internship
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are friendly and helpful.

Cons

I could sometimes be busy.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lincoln was great while I was a leasing associate but quickly declined with each promotion.

Jul 2, 2013 - Business Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lincoln has an awesome training program but this might be to cover the incompetence of many of the people they hire.

Cons

Many regions within Lincoln run properties too lean with not enough staff so you are overworked, underpaid, and end up losing vacation time at the end of the year. They pay male counterparts quite a bit more than females in the same or higher positions.

1 person found this review helpful

Vice President, Marketing & Training

Thank you for your feedback on your employment with LPC! We're sorry you are no longer a part of our team, but wish you the best of luck in your career. We will certainly take your comments into consideration moving forward.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Run Away As Fast As You Can-Do Not Go Here

Jun 26, 2016 - Project Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have core hours but they are willing to let people work varying schedules.

Cons

If they like you, then you are fine but if they don't like you, you will be gone with no warning. They fired one girl because they said, she wasn't a good enough accountant. She had been there one year and they let her go with no warning. After she was let go, she went to work for a competing Real Estate Company and was hired as a Senior accountant and then was promoted within a year to accounting manager. If you work at LPC you will be working 10-12 hour days and at least one weekend a month, no matter how many properties you have. There were some people there that had little children and would rush home to put their kids to bed and then would work to two, three or four in the morning. They expected you to be on call 24/7. A co-worker was on vacation with his family and had left messages on his office phone and email stating that. An owner of one of his properties called and to wanted to ask him a question. The person covering for him said that he was on vacation. The owner then called the managers and complained. They proceeded to turn around and call the employee on his vacation and yell at him for not answering the owner. If you work for LPC, don't ask for properties to be adjusted so you have less or you will be let go. For a 'national' company they are extremely disorganized. There is no set standard of how things should be done. There is also no constant flow in the office. The properties change hands way too many times. I have worked my whole career in property accounting and every place I have been, we always kept the same properties. There was never a change. At LPC, they change properties all the time, which is one reason there is no organizational flow. The whole company culture makes it seem as though you are working on an assembly line. LPC claims they treat their employees well but that is not the truth. If they are a Dallas based office they will be treated properly in most cases but even there some people are not treated well. If there was less than a star, I would give them that.

2 people found this review helpful

VP - Marketing & Communications

We certainly do appreciate your candid feedback and are concerned that you had this experience at LPC. We take your comments very seriously and would like to work to ensure this isn't something that everyone in the accounting department expects. Please email details to social@lincolnapts.com so we can help!

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

You Make It What It Is

Jul 22, 2019 - Leasing Agent in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything will depend on how your Business Manager and/or Regional operates. Some are great, some are good, some are not. Pay is based on experience and bonuses will depend on they type of property you are at. Aim for a Lease Up if you really want the bucks. The company has yearly employee events, which are fun when not mandatory. If you work hard and let management know you desire to move up in the company, they may think about promoting you. Rarely do they fire people.

Cons

Training can be half done, if done at all. Some people are put into positions with less than a week of training and expected to perform on a high level. If you are lucky, these will be your co-workers. The pay will vary after you start. It is up to management to give you a raise, if they remember to do it. I discovered that they 'forgot' to give me my yearly raise after it was brought up in a meeting. Be careful if you stay on site as they require rent to be withheld from your pay. Double check your check if you do. Oh, there is no HR. Feel free to watch your co-workers sexually harass each other despite the 5hr harassment video we have to watch. Rarely do they fire people.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Hello there! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're striving to offer only the best for our members, so your thoughts regarding our training process are appreciated. Please reach out to your supervisor directly to further chat about your thoughts! Thanks for the high rating!

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stressful.

Aug 13, 2015 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent commission. Weekend pay on Sundays, if you have to work, at least you only work 5 hours and get paid for 8.

Cons

Not enough employees at any community. Turnover is inevitable when people are all new and no one is accountable for tasks not being completed.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fine Company to Work For

Jul 27, 2016 - Leasing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lincoln is a good company to work for. There is growth opportunity, and the pay is decent. Benefits are good (health insurance is a reasonable cost, 401k match is good too but you only get to keep that if you remain with the company for 5+ years). Additionally, transferring from one community to another usually isn't a problem if there is space for you.

Cons

Not too many cons honestly. Lincoln is a large company so some people do feel forgotten as far as recognition goes.

VP - Marketing & Communications

We appreciate your review! We love to hear from previous AND current employees - it is the key to making us grow and help develop our employees to discover their fullest potential!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great people

Apr 18, 2022 - Property Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the people I work for and feel I always have the tools needed to do my job.

Cons

This industry in general is very stressful.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying being a part of the team at LPC!

9. 2.0
    Current Employee

Need Tech Help

Mar 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I have dealt with higher up are very well meaning and nice. Salary is competitive. They seem to really believe in their people.

Cons

They are doing things that are at least 15 years behind other real estate companies. They really need to have someone come in and evaluate their systems, because other RE companies are doing it better and faster with newer technology.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thanks so much for letting us know your thoughts! We will make sure to pass your message along to the IT department.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good

Nov 18, 2019 - Senior Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible and great people working

Cons

no uniform policy across when it comes to process

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thank you for your review and for your service during your time at Lincoln Property Company! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to take it into consideration. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 112 Reviews