KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lincoln Property Company

Engaged Employer

Lincoln Property Company

Add a Review

Lincoln Property Company Employee Reviews about "training"

Updated Jun 29, 2022

Found 183 of over 1,009 reviews

4.2
Lincoln Property Company President and CEO Tim Byrne
Tim Byrne
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and you get to meet so many people.(in 81 reviews)
  • "The pay is good at first until work catches up to you and you're killing your self whit extreme over time(in 59 reviews)
  • "GREAT TRAINING, BEST IN THE INDUSTRY(in 34 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 30 reviews)
  • "Lots of great history and culture.(in 20 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor communication between corporate teams and onsite teams, no HR department, upper management is cliquey and judgmental, the PM software is extremely inefficient and doesn't work half the time.(in 31 reviews)
  • "Poor management sometimes, not room for growth to corporate unless you have a bachelors degree(in 27 reviews)
  • "Some managers are amazing.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Because it's a large management company you can get overlooked.(in 11 reviews)
  • "management is a click and shows favoritism(in 11 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lincoln Property Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Fast track to a LPC- low paying career

Jan 8, 2011 -  in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lincoln has great opportunity for advancement. Most assistants and business managers are hired from within. They are also a good place to start your career in property management with an excellent training program in place. I've been promoted 2 times in the year I've worked for them.

Cons

They don't have an hr department and IT is subpar so they move slowly in those regards. They have way too many tedious policies to micromanage employees. They move employees constantly and will not compensate for the drive if it is within 35 miles of the previous property. Some rpms and managers discuss problem employees with everyone but the person with the issue and will often make their job so difficult (ie move 35 m) they quit. There is a lot of politics and if you have a degree and drive, watchout for who interviews you. I received a letter declining me employment initially but knew someone above the first manager I interviewed with and was sent to another property.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great established company

Aug 31, 2016 - Property Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great people, great leaders and teachers. Training is superb and the 'Knowledge Center' is the bomb!!!!!

Cons

You have pros/cons in every job, but for me none are important enough to mention.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Mar 1, 2019 - Business Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to be creative and innovative with leasing promotion and resident events. Great support from Regional Team but not over bearing. Training program that is beneficial and not just a program in place just to be in place.

Cons

Although it is important to have policies, they are continually changing. Not necessarily a "con" but a necessary annoyance.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

We appreciate your feedback! You are absolutely a valuable member of our team here at Lincoln Property Company, so please know that your thoughts are truly important to us. We're glad to hear that you are having a 5-star experience as a part of our team!

4. 4.0

You Make It What It Is

Jul 22, 2019 - Leasing Agent in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything will depend on how your Business Manager and/or Regional operates. Some are great, some are good, some are not. Pay is based on experience and bonuses will depend on they type of property you are at. Aim for a Lease Up if you really want the bucks. The company has yearly employee events, which are fun when not mandatory. If you work hard and let management know you desire to move up in the company, they may think about promoting you. Rarely do they fire people.

Cons

Training can be half done, if done at all. Some people are put into positions with less than a week of training and expected to perform on a high level. If you are lucky, these will be your co-workers. The pay will vary after you start. It is up to management to give you a raise, if they remember to do it. I discovered that they 'forgot' to give me my yearly raise after it was brought up in a meeting. Be careful if you stay on site as they require rent to be withheld from your pay. Double check your check if you do. Oh, there is no HR. Feel free to watch your co-workers sexually harass each other despite the 5hr harassment video we have to watch. Rarely do they fire people.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Hello there! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're striving to offer only the best for our members, so your thoughts regarding our training process are appreciated. Please reach out to your supervisor directly to further chat about your thoughts! Thanks for the high rating!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Business Manager review

Jun 1, 2015 - Business Manager in Parker, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lincoln's mission is to be a company for people, a company about people. In my 7 1/2 years with the company I have seen that it truly is a company that cares about its employees. A lot of companies claim to be this way and fall short, where Lincoln really does walk the talk. Many higher level employees are promoted from within. Lincoln has a strong internal training program and trainers that along with the corporate team fosters growth and promotion with its employees. Additionally there is a lot of ongoing training opportunities and a lot of fun employee recognition. Overall Lincoln is just a good company to work for.

Cons

I can't think of any cons about Lincoln as a company; I probably wouldn't have worked here for so long if I felt differently.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overwhelmed Very Quickly

Aug 31, 2018 - Finance/Accounting in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and some of the benefits are acceptable. Coworkers are nice and helpful to an extent. Good flexibility with your hours and due to the size of the company, being micro-managed isn't much of an issue.

Cons

The training you receive from others only goes far enough to ensure work gets off someone else's desk and onto yours. It's not really the fault of the person training you, as they are usually overwhelmed with their own tasks. You are expected to be completely up to speed and 100% familiar with your responsibilities/properties within the first month or two. Considering how often other urgent requests come along on a regular basis, that is not a reasonable expectation. If you don't like being part of large groups, avoid working here. Otherwise, it doesn't take very long for you to feel like you're more of a number/statistic to them than an employee. It is also difficult to get in touch with your supervisors and other managers, leaving you feeling isolated and helpless when faced with problems. Communication (or lack thereof) is a real issue, as you can suddenly be assigned to something new or removed from something you've been working on with little to no prior notice. Work/life balance can often be a real issue and being pressured to skip your lunch is a common occurrence. New employees get only 10 days of PTO and it is very difficult finding the right window to use it and get a break. Overall, you really need to have the right personality to keep up. I was cautioned during my interview that not everybody can function in this type of high-stress environment and I wish I had taken that warning more seriously.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback and insight. I will pass your message along to our Learning & Talent Development team.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

My experience with Lincoln Properties was an enjoyable experience.

Jun 28, 2014 - Business Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about Lincoln is that they provide excellent training for all of their employees.

Cons

The challenges that you will face are dealing with different residents.

Vice President, Marketing & Training

Thanks for the great feedback! We are so glad you enjoy our training programs and hope you will continue enjoy them throughout your career with LPC!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

Mar 27, 2015 - Leasing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company really seems to value it's employees. What I mean by that, is they will hang on to cultivate a good employee rather than just fire them. Training is extensive so after time you are able to implement what you have learned with ease.

Cons

Because there are so many employees so have long history with the company, sometimes, as a newbie you can feel like an outsider.

VP - Marketing & Communications

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We pride ourselves on growing our employees both professionally and personally - we provide strong roots in a reputable and long standing company and help glean bright futures with a comprehensive training curriculum and employee benefits. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to work on bettering our employee on-boarding program!

9. 5.0

Couldn't be happier

Jun 2, 2015 - Business Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Lincoln for sure has some of the best training in the industry. Great training team and schedule set up for new hires to really maximize their potential. -Lincoln has GREAT advancement opportunities. Started off as a leasing agent and within 3+ great years, worked my way up the ladder to a business manager. -Recognition: Lincoln is not afraid to recognize your outstanding work and achievements. (Events / Managers Day out / New hire lunch in's / Company softball tournaments / etc...)

Cons

There are very few things I would change about Lincoln Property and my position. I'm a work-a-holic, and I take work on the go with me, but that's more of a personal con :)

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sub-par employee training & Work Culture

Mar 2, 2020 - Business Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been able to cultivate a relationship with a few Lincoln employees that have gone out of there to assist me in getting acclimated within this very disorganized organization.

Cons

For being such a big company, LPC does lack in their employee training. As a new employee I was highly disappointed in the lack of training and support that I received. I was literally thrown into the wolves den and left to fend for myself with very little training (Thank goodness I am not new to the industry and was determined to figure things out on my own). There seems to be a lack of consistency with their policies, employees have a portal to look up polices but half the time nothing is up to date here or you can not find the policy. There is no Human Resource Department, a little alarming for such a big company. The workload for BM's is often times unbearable, so if you are looking for a healthy work-life balance you will most likely not find it here. You must be OK with working in what feels like chaos on a day to day basis. Compared to some other companies Lincoln offers the least amount of paid holidays.

5 people found this review helpful

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Hello there! Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us. It's been a pleasure having you as a new member of Lincoln Property Company! We're always seeking ways to strengthen our company, so we appreciate your feedback. Please connect with your supervisor to further discuss your feedback!