KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lincoln Property Company

Engaged Employer

Lincoln Property Company

Add a Review

Lincoln Property Company Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Found 55 of over 1,039 reviews

4.2
Lincoln Property Company President and CEO Tim Byrne
Tim Byrne
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and you get to meet so many people.(in 81 reviews)
  • "The pay is good at first until work catches up to you and you're killing your self whit extreme over time(in 52 reviews)
  • "Great training and organization for new employees.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Meet a few great people(in 32 reviews)
  • "Lots of great history and culture.(in 21 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lincoln Property Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company But You Do Need to Review Upper Management

May 12, 2018 - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve worked for Lincoln in several southeastern states for more than 5 years. Lincoln is a fantastic company to work with and is very well meaning. Huge thumbs up. This is a place to build a career and stay long term. If you express interest, keep an upbeat attitude, and take initiative you will grow! The reviews on here talking about work life balance being difficult and residents being difficult. Those are true thing. It’s not Lincoln’s fault though. It’s the nature of this industry. Furthermore, if you’re diligent, if you have a good team and if you really know how to work with the public, you should have no problem managing. It’s a people business and you’re dealing with people’s homes. It’s very personal. Get personal. You’ll do great!

Cons

It’s really about who you work for directly! Some managers are amazing. Some regional managers are phenomenal. However, if you end up working under the wrong ones, I can certainly imagine how your experience would be less than good. There are like 500 softwares and 6000 ever changing passwords. This is an exaggeration, but really....

4 people found this review helpful

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your views. We're so glad you feel this is a place you can privately share your experiences. We'll make sure to mention your thoughts to those at HQ about how we might implement a platform for employees to share their views anonymously. We love that you love Lincoln and hope you will continue to for years to come!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Your RPM determines your happiness

Apr 25, 2017 - Assistant Property Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transferring possibilities on a nation wide scale. Decent benefits. Stellar reputation in the apartment industry, surely impressive on any resume.

Cons

A happy work-life balance is hard to maintain depending on what region you work in and who your RPM is. Very much a 'us against you' mentality between properties and regions. Not a real team oriented atmosphere.

6 people found this review helpful

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thanks so much for letting us know how you feel. We're so happy to hear you love the ability to transfer communities and that you think our name would make your resume stand out among the masses! We've made note of your "us against you" comment as that is definitely not what we aim for and hope no one on our team feels that way. Thanks for sharing!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Sep 27, 2020 - Business Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to learn and grow. Nice properties. Good benefits.

Cons

Difficult home work life balance

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thank you kindly! It's nice to hear that you are enjoying your time with us at Lincoln Property Company. It's been a pleasure having you as a part of our team!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Aug 25, 2021 - Finance Associate in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Has a Good work life balance

Cons

No cons to add at this time

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thank you kindly! We're glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with us at LPC!

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Leasing Professional

Jul 12, 2022 - Leasing Professional
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard and make money

Cons

Lack of work life balance

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Hi there! Thank you for providing this feedback for us. As a valued team member of LPC, please know that your thoughts on improvement are important to us!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good company

May 14, 2021 - Assistant Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is important

Cons

Pay could be much better

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Amazing! Thank you for the 5 stars.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

You really LIVE LOVE LINCOLN

Apr 16, 2019 - Marketing in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Support really goes a long way. I haven't been here very long but knowing and seeing the support I receive not only from my team but from my boss really makes it easy to want to do more for Lincoln! The work life balance by far has been the best I've experienced in my career. Knowing that you are great at your job is one thing but to be appreciated day in and day out, that's priceless and a rare find!

Cons

There's no formal HR which can make things a bit confusing. The culture varies per department. Though the department I'm in progressing with the world (culturally speaking), I hope soon the rest of the company would follow suit.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Hi there! Thanks so much for the 5-star rating of Lincoln Property Company. Welcome to the team! We're glad to have you as a new member of our team here. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please know that you are always welcome to discuss your thoughts with your supervisor. We're always looking to grow, so thank you for letting us know your thoughts about our Human Resources department!

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Jul 2, 2021 - Business Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture and team was great

Cons

Work life balance needs help!

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Hello there! It was lovely having you on our team at LPC. We appreciate your 5-star review as well as your comments on further improvement! We wish you all the best.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overwhelmed Very Quickly

Aug 31, 2018 - Finance/Accounting in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and some of the benefits are acceptable. Coworkers are nice and helpful to an extent. Good flexibility with your hours and due to the size of the company, being micro-managed isn't much of an issue.

Cons

The training you receive from others only goes far enough to ensure work gets off someone else's desk and onto yours. It's not really the fault of the person training you, as they are usually overwhelmed with their own tasks. You are expected to be completely up to speed and 100% familiar with your responsibilities/properties within the first month or two. Considering how often other urgent requests come along on a regular basis, that is not a reasonable expectation. If you don't like being part of large groups, avoid working here. Otherwise, it doesn't take very long for you to feel like you're more of a number/statistic to them than an employee. It is also difficult to get in touch with your supervisors and other managers, leaving you feeling isolated and helpless when faced with problems. Communication (or lack thereof) is a real issue, as you can suddenly be assigned to something new or removed from something you've been working on with little to no prior notice. Work/life balance can often be a real issue and being pressured to skip your lunch is a common occurrence. New employees get only 10 days of PTO and it is very difficult finding the right window to use it and get a break. Overall, you really need to have the right personality to keep up. I was cautioned during my interview that not everybody can function in this type of high-stress environment and I wish I had taken that warning more seriously.

Marketing and Client Services Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback and insight. I will pass your message along to our Learning & Talent Development team.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work Life Balance...Think about it!

Feb 3, 2020 - Property Assistant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Promotions within the company are always available.

Cons

work life balance is non-existent unless you have been with the company more than 5 years.

3 people found this review helpful