Lincoln Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Super Flexible NonProfit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Lincoln full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SUPER. FLEXIBLE. It's a nonprofit salary but it allows me to spend time with my family and we were able to create a plan that works for them on compensation and me in terms of work like balance.

Cons

The work is tough and the nature of the work can lead to transition within teams. The management is working hard to address it so I see it as more an industry thing then a Lincoln thing.

Advice to Management

Invest in your systems. Once procedure and systems are a bit more fleshed out, Lincoln can really reach it's full amazing potential.

Lincoln Response

Jul 13, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for this great review and feedback. It is true that we cannot always compensate our staff as much as we would like to, but we work to find ways to support employees in their career... More

2. "Committed to the work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Lincoln full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Being part of making a difference in our communities
    -Flexibility is a key reason I stay at Lincoln. I'm able to adjust my schedule to work around family needs.
    -Benefits are great including employer contributions toward my dependents and retirement.
    -I applaud Lincoln's efforts in having real conversations about race (not only how it impacts the youth and families we serve, but also within our organization) and investing resources for diversity initiatives. You just don't find that in many workplaces!

Cons

The usual non-profit challenges like salary scale, some infrastructure and competing demands for resources.

Advice to Management

Continue working on systems and processes that will improve how programs and departments work together. Don't lose sight of the mission.

"not applicable"

I worked at Lincoln full-time

Pros

Handful of great, personable staff to work with

Cons

Lincoln's senior management rarely listens to input from line staff, whether it be clinicians, line staff, or supervisors. Even when they receive feedback, there's no action taken to resolve the issues. Lincoln has a reputation of retaining incompetent employees, and instead of taking action, Lincoln somehow hand-holds and find ways to accommodate them, then offloading the work onto already burnt out employees. Lincoln also somehow finds ways to give more duties to staff, yet refuse to compensate or give them raises. There is no room for mobility within this agency.

Advice to Management

Lincoln is the only agency that I've heard of that does not give their employees annual raises.

Lincoln Response

Jul 18, 2017 – CEO

I am sorry that you did not have a good experience at Lincoln. We take seriously feedback that we receive through our online suggestion box, our annual employee surveys, and information shared by... More

4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Program Supervisor in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Program Supervisor in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Lincoln full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lincoln is a great place to work and allows you to be yourself. Great for new graduate student and for students who want to continue with grad school.

Cons

Can't think of anything right now

Advice to Management

N/A

"Grants Manager"

Current Employee - Grants Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Grants Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Lincoln full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Passionate, dedicated program and support staff;
    Compassionate, integrious, values-based leadership;
    Amazing development department-can't stress how crucial their support is to the organization

It is truly a pleasure to come to work everyday.

Cons

Nothing organization-specific,rather challenges common to most agencies engaged in direct service provision.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Much appreciation and respect!

"Behavior Intervention Specialist"

I have been working at Lincoln full-time

Pros

-Direct supervisor is awesome, always helping me feel supported
    -Keeps you active, on your feet, rarely a boring day
    -Great opportunity to learn about trauma, mental illness, and behavioral health

Cons

-HR does not always seem to have the employees best interests at heart
    -Paperwork can become frustrating if you don't keep up with it
    -Frequent burn out
    -Salary a little low for workload/work intensity

Advice to Management

Don't leave your employees feelings unsupported, invalidated. Find more opportunities to reward/reinforce your employees to help prevent burn out.

7. "Amazing organization, amazing mission and amazing leadership!"

Former Employee - Chief Development Officer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Chief Development Officer in Oakland, CA

I worked at Lincoln full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lincoln is led by a team of accomplished, skilled, empathetic and dedicated people. Under the leadership of their CEO, Christine Stoner-Mertz, they have served more clients, with high quality programming, than ever before.

Lincoln is a place that encourages it's employees to flourish and also practice self care. It serves a population that has very real challenges, and it does it with kindness and a, never ending, push for high quality and positive outcomes.

I would recommend Lincoln for anyone who cares about serving their community in a critical way and also wants to grow professionally.

Cons

Lincoln works with communities that have immediate needs and often that pressure can trickle into the culture of the organization. I would encourage Lincoln to keep focusing on making sure that they are continuing to put an emphasis on self care for it's employees.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Our community need critical, high quality, services like yours!

8. "Hard working, mission driven"

I worked at Lincoln part-time

Pros

Very dedicated staff, always striving to improve, a culture of improvement throughout the organization. I always had faith that the entire team was knowledgeable and dedicated to the mission and the staff

Cons

It's a large organization and communication across programs can be challenging to manage.

9. "Non-profit"

I have been working at Lincoln full-time

Pros

Great place for an unlicensed clinician to get hours toward their license. Decent leadership. CEO is a social worker who is committed to the work and vision.

Cons

Hard to get needs met sometimes without asking. Reimbursements take too long. Open positions can take a while to be filled.

Advice to Management

Hire a decent full-time recruiter.

"Very Sad Good company gone bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Lincoln full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Co-Workers who really want to do a great job

Cons

Very Poor "Senior" Leadership. Employees are encouraged to by CEO to submit good reviews on Glassdoor in order to improve recruitment. If it was a healthy work environment, then there should be no need for fake good reviews. People are leaving everyday.

Advice to Management

The board should take a very close look at the senior leadership team and clean house.