Lincoln Tech Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Shaw
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management doesn't care about employees opinions (in 12 reviews)

• Even when they reported to the corporate office, those complaints were sent back down to the executive director back at the school level (in 5 reviews)

1. "Financial Aid Advisor"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Lincoln Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, Stuents lives are being changed, Great admissions staff to work with

Cons

Low hourly rate, poor management, lack of support in department as well as poor training.

Advice to Management

Hire effective management

"Worst management ever"

Former Employee - Career Services Advisor in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Career Services Advisor in Nashville, TN

I worked at Lincoln Tech part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work is easy, coworkers are good

Cons

Micromanaged office, low pay, working conditions aren't great

Advice to Management

Management is not qualified to be management

"Typical For-Profit School"

Current Employee - High School Admissions Representative in East Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - High School Admissions Representative in East Windsor, CT

I have been working at Lincoln Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation package is good combining salary and mileage | Health care is horrible; 5000 deductible.

Cons

Typical for-profit school - Treating students as numbers, everyday mass texts and emails are sent out to field reps asking how many enrollments will you have by the end of the week. The school is aiming to start 3000 high school students by next year - the investment is large in the high school program, and field reps are starting to get desperate by harassing high school students to enroll. In addition, there are no degree programs, just certificates.

Advice to Management

The entire organization is a HR nightmare. Most are military recruiters who act as though they are used car salesmen - The only difference is they are pushing to sell certificate programs that will not transfer to students in high schools. Stop while your organization can still be saved, this will be the next for-profit school demise as field reps continue to get desperate for numbers (students).

"Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Britain, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Britain, CT

I worked at Lincoln Tech full-time

Pros

Good place to get foot in the door.

Cons

Management let gossip take over. Everyone is passive aggressive instead of handling problems directly. Management is secretive. Management goes out to lunch after firing employees to celebrate. Campus president tries to use manipulation to control employees. Favoritism!!!

Advice to Management

Grow up

"Insecure administrators"

Former Employee - Professor in Stockbridge, MA
    Former Employee - Professor in Stockbridge, MA

I worked at Lincoln Tech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was a job for 10 yrs

Cons

All the administrators have "mail order degrees". It's a college for profit that rips students off. Zero resources.

Advice to Management

Be fruitful and multiply with yourself

"instructor"

Former Employee - Medical Billing and Coding Instructor in Plainfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Medical Billing and Coding Instructor in Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Lincoln Tech (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours and days allow for personal time

Cons

Allow students to complain about everything...

"The Rich Get Richer"

Former Employee - Scrub in West Orange, NJ
    Former Employee - Scrub in West Orange, NJ

I worked at Lincoln Tech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Other than most of the people that I worked with, I really can't think of any.

Cons

Every year the people who are in management receive better titles and better pay while the lower level workers get nothing, no bonuses and a 2 or 3% pay increase, if they're lucky. I had 2 or 3 years where no one got an increase, unless they were management handing out better titles to each other so that they could get an increase. It has created an environment where people are scared of losing their jobs everyday and it has made people lazy, the lazy people end up staying because they are going nowhere, they do not even make a livable wage and it keeps them comfortable knowing that they are usually safe from the large groups of lay offs that happen quarterly because their salaries won't even put a dent in the number that management decides needs to be cut. I was a loyal and dedicated employee in the corporate location for a decade and I left making 4K more than I did the day that I walked in the door. I didn't even complain when I was expected to work extra hours for NO additional compensation of any kind.

Advice to Management

Your employees represent the company, not you. Pay your employees a decent wage and maybe they will work harder and be more dedicated to turning your crashing and burning corporation around, there are still some great employees there. Your only concern is making enough money to keep driving your luxury vehicles and buying up tons of stock when it hits a low point, try worrying about the happiness and well being of your employees and maybe things will turn around. It is my understanding that employees did not even get a holiday party this year, yet I would be willing to bet that Scott Shaw is still driving into the office every day in an 80k plus BMW.

You pay WAY below the average competitive salary, so please do not tell people that you pay competitive wages. When I left I received a 75% increase in pay to do the EXACT SAME job elsewhere. The good people are leaving in groups, soon you're just going to be left with the ones that don't care and do just enough to not get fired. It's sickening, LES was actually a great place to work...in the beginning. The management of the last five years or so has ran a once great company right into the ground, I doubt there is any saving it.

"Company Selling all Allied Health Schools and discontinuing operations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Lincoln Tech (More than a year)

Pros

free parking, autonomy, fulfillment helping students to succeed

Cons

Management continues to hire part time PN Instructors even though the afternoon program is shut down and no longer enrolling. All of the Allied Health schools for this company are for sale and/or discontinuing operations. The instructors who are currently working do not have enough work hours.

10. "Loss of morals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Lincoln Tech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping young kids and adults get into an industry they love. Company wide meetings, birthday celebrations and holiday functions showed appreciation for all the hard work given on a monthly basis.

Cons

Lack of morals when it came to directors (business dept and high school admissions) sleeping with employees and students. Students were nothing more than a number to the school. Reps would be told to do and say whatever it took to get students enrolled, even asking to stretch the truth.

Advice to Management

Keep it professional. Have respect for yourself, the school, and students. Be truthful and be a mentor to the students.

11. "Terrible place to work"

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Columbia, MD

Pros

Absolutely nothing good to say about this place.

Cons

Completely corrupt from the top to the bottom. The only thing this place cares about is themselves. Salary is low, health benefits are expensive and don't cover anything. Chinese overtime, the more hours you work they pay you less after your initial 40. High turn around for every position no one has been here for more than a few years as it is completely miserable.

Advice to Management

Just shut the place down complete lack of concern for employees