Lincolnshire Co-operative Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2019

2.6
Lincolnshire Co-operative CEO Steve Hughes
Steve Hughes
  1. "Hard work long hours"

Current Employee - Manager in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Lincolnshire Co-operative full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Twice yearly bonus good for members

Cons

Hard physical work long hours

Lincolnshire Co-operative2019-08-17
  2. "Not great"

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Lincolnshire Co-operative full-time

Pros

You usually find you have a fantastic team of people

Cons

Management all young and most are just yes men that don’t care about there staff

Advice to Management

Your working more closely with your team then the management be nice to them

Lincolnshire Co-operative2019-09-12
  3. "not very good"

Current Employee - Financial Accounts Assistant

I have been working at Lincolnshire Co-operative full-time for less than a year

Pros

short hours, fairly easy work

Cons

tedious, repetitive,

Lincolnshire Co-operative2019-07-11
  4. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Lincoln, England

Pros

Well paid Manager salaries Well paid Manager bonus Variety of courses available Good holiday allowance Excellent trainers in the Learning and Development department

Cons

No progression for store managers Unskilled / underperforming staff in office roles expecting to direct the stores Senior management only highlight the negatives No incentive or rewards for good work Bonus provided is in the form of Dividend so can only spend at Lincs Coop (food, petrol or travel) HR Department are too PC: almost impossible to sack a member of staff that has a bad sickness record or poor... performance, too scared about the possible consequences of a tribunal No time off throughout December to spend with your family Claim to be supportive of colleagues and customers but only care about profits, it’s all a front. Food Stores compared to the rest of the business are dumped on and just expected to get on with it Never receive your entitled break allowance Contracted to work 39 hours but expected to work until everything is done Job roles “made up” for selective employees to prevent them leaving the business Move individuals into job roles which aren’t experienced or skilled in that area, without advertising the job to other employees to have a fair opportunity at applying

Advice to Management

They won’t listen.

Lincolnshire Co-operative2018-01-04
  5. "Taken on in a position above my knowledge"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Goxhill, Lincolnshire, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Lincolnshire Co-operative full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good regular working hours, shift patterns are well maintained as you often get alternative weekends off. Easy to use systems.

Cons

Managers can be bias to colleagues they like, no staff discount until 6 months working there. Once “training” has been completed you’re expected to know it all.

Advice to Management

If someone applies for a customer service role but you think they could be good as a team leader, give them more support or ask them to take a step down to a CSA instead of letting them go.

Lincolnshire Co-operative2017-10-11
  6. "Management team diabolical"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Lincolnshire Co-operative part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great in house training, lots of courses to help you fulfill your role.

Cons

Management team not supportive. They call it constructive criticism but really it is sole destroying, demotivating and not far off bullying.

Advice to Management

They need to get back to basic themselves and get on a refresher course on how to communicate to colleagues in a positive motivating manner.

Lincolnshire Co-operative2017-01-01
  7. "Teamleader"

Teamleader in Boston, England

I have been working at Lincolnshire Co-operative for more than 8 years

Pros

Good staff benefits ,a range of courses available to take if needed,plenty of support.

Cons

to review there sickness policy

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work !

Lincolnshire Co-operative2016-10-18

"experience"

I worked at Lincolnshire Co-operative part-time

Pros

some brilliant and loyal friends made. some very nice customers who still speak to me when I'm able to get out and about when friends are able to drive and accompany me. being dismissed helped to get me the medical professional help I needed.

Cons

holidays lost due to management incompetence. disabilities disbelieved and not catered for until forced to do so, then still not believed. some members of managements people and customer service skills diabolical. staff problems not recognised. no support for staff suffering from severe depression or other problems. staff hours changed too frequently with no warning. didn't appreciate being told 'you've GOT to... do.......' or 'not trying hard enough'.... or being told I'm not doing my job properly if I didn't hit the targets they'd set.....

Advice to Management

training in people and customer service skills. disability awareness training - not all disabilities are visible. help for staff with health issues - mental and physical. focus more on staff wellbeing rather than 'statistics', you might find they are then more productive...

Lincolnshire Co-operative2016-09-29

"Hated every second of it"

Former Employee - Shop Assistant in Newark on Trent, England

I worked at Lincolnshire Co-operative part-time for less than a year

Pros

benefits and career opportunities thats about it

Cons

Uncaring staff. Being heavily pregnant and having it frowned upon when i needed a break by a young male supervisor who couldnt have cared less if i passed out or even lost the baby. I was made to feel like a burden on everyone i never expected any special treatment at all. The manager was only bothered when she felt like it. I didnt dislike all the staff just two. Ive never been in that store since and never will... til new staff are in there. No skin off co-ops nose i know. I would have given the company no stars if i could have.

Advice to Management

No point giving any they dont care or listen anyway.

Lincolnshire Co-operative2016-08-25
  10. "Treated with great respect and opportunity"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Lincolnshire Co-operative part-time for less than a year

Pros

Training is well above the standard for the industry, using accredited qualifications for all members of staff requiring them Colleague feedback systems are well used

Cons

Hourly wage is below that of competitors, although higher than the local average. Recruitment process takes a long time. .

Lincolnshire Co-operative2016-05-24