Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes CEO Nanci Bell
Nanci Bell
Pros
Cons
  • "Schedule is a bit difficult- you are expected to be available full-time but are not guaranteed full hours(in 35 reviews)

• "Comparatively low pay for a tough job (especially considering what LMB charges parents per hour)(in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Innovative, Helpful, Fantastic Professional Development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started with Lindamood-Bell about a month ago and due to its immersion-type training and professional development, I have learned so much so quickly. Also, the use of Zoom makes remote training and communication seamless and truly makes it appear I am next door to my colleagues. In California, I have been trained by staff in Toronto, England, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Minnesota. My trainers have all been so professional...

Cons

None. I am happy to be here. Also, a learning curve and challenges are not "cons", but an opportunity for growth and improvement.

Center Director

I have been working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time

Pros

Great culture; Fulfilling job; Experienced management; Company mobitily

Cons

Somewhat rigid hours; Salary can be less than ideal

3. lindamood bell

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good for seasonal employment if you are a student or in between jobs in the summer

Cons

dont expect to make more than 15 dollars an hour

Advice to Management

increase pay

4. Clinician

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time

Pros

Fun to work with kids and co-workers

Cons

Not enough hours during off months

• An intensive academic program that shows results

Former Employee - Summer Seasonal Clinician in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes for more than a year

Pros

rigorous clinical training competitive salaries kind staff

Cons

long hours doing the same thing every day

• Impossible expectations

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

1. LMB is a WONDERFUL program for kids who struggle with reading and comprehension. 2. Great coworkers 3. Kids and their families

Cons

Overall, the biggest issue was being responsible for way too much than one person should be responsible for. The Office Manager role was basically a catch-all position for all that needed to be done to have a smooth running center, and there was not nearly enough support.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to be more in touch with the day to day operations of the center so they can make changes that actually help support centers, rather than stress them even more. They should also consider there timing when making major policy shifts. Often times centers are blindsided with major changes they need to implement, but are not notified with nearly enough time to do so properly.

• Summer Clinician

I have been working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time

Pros

Fun environment, depends on the students you work with

Cons

back to back lessons can get tiring

Fun place to work

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Positive, fun environment Great training in teaching comprehension and reading Get to make a difference and see that you change kids' lives

Cons

Can be fast-paced and need to get to sessions with little time in between Center Director and management can be critical and create pressure Part time - won't guarantee hours so you can have almost no students

Great Process, Bad Company

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes for more than 2 years

Pros

Their process really does work well. You end up changing people's lives. This is often people's last hope, and there were only a few instances where it couldn't help.

Cons

It pays terribly, and management is not kind to employees. They never took our complaints seriously, and did not provide support for students with behavior difficulties, or ANY support around working with difficult students. The "Lindamood Bell Academy" is a joke of a school and a system, forcing the teachers to essentially make up lesson plans in between students or (unpaid) on their own time.

Advice to Management

Treat the workers better in every aspect: better pay, better support, better communication.

Hard work for little pay

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time for more than a year

Pros

-I loved working with the students on an individual basis. -The programs actually worked. it was a great feeling to see how much my students improved over the course of a few weeks -Great temporary summer job with lots of hours if that's what you're looking for

Cons

-Not enough pay nor training for the work we were expected to do day in and day out, especially considering how expensive the program is and how little of it went to those of us who in my opinion were working the hardest. -I worked with children with severe diagnoses, something that was entirely new to me and didn't feel like I was trained properly for this work and beyond that didn't feel entirely supported when I raised...

Advice to Management

Value your clinicians more.

Found 415 reviews