Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Reviews

Updated May 25, 2022

Found 636 of over 694 reviews

3.3
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes President Nanci Bell (no image)
Nanci Bell

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

161K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes~193711
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Initially it was fun and there was good training.(in 38 reviews)
  • "I got the chance to work with great kids and coworkers.(in 26 reviews)
  • "The people at the bottom of the totem pole are actually great people but do not tend to last more than a few months.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Staff was friendly(in 21 reviews)
  • "Really great and fun work environment(in 16 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Recommend!

Mar 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is so friendly!! It's a great place to be

Cons

there are no cons I know of!

2. 4.0

Earning every single penny

May 1, 2022 - Tutor in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of support from coworkers Paid training Opportunities for growth Students come first Good pay

Cons

Some centers have limited resources Training feels almost too quick before we have to go out and work with students alone Not a ton of time for tutors to take notes between students - which is crucial to their progress Avoids overtime at the expense of tutoring quality and cleanliness Kids first means that sometimes management allows the kids to walk all over us

3. 3.0

The Good & The Ugly

May 16, 2022 - Clincian
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) The opportunity to learn every day as you read with students 2) The opportunity to see incremental improvements in your student's reading ability, knowing that you had a small hand in it 3) Meeting interesting co-workers coming from many different backgrounds, places, etc. who are going on to do amazing things 4) The opportunity to grow and learn yourself as you work with difficult behavior from students 5) The kind acts and gestures of kindness from staff members and center directors :)

Cons

These are growth areas where I think this company can improve: 1) Value & support the employee. The high turnover rate is because all the employees know and feel how expendable they are. If someone newly hired is paid nearly the same as someone who has more experience, more responsibility, and more time in the game, what does that communicate to seasoned employees? They are profit-machines, expendable, used, etc. If parents pay so much for their child, and you give the bare minimum to your employees, then your workers will leave. Then, more money will be spent trying to get more employees. You water the branch while the roots go dry. There is unfairness in this: a lack of justice. Here is a hypothetical: If a school charges 100k for 1 student to go to school for 1 year, and the teacher is paid 20k for 1 year, where is the 80k going? It's not to the employee who is with the student every day. Is this right? 2) Keep the mission visible and clear. There wasn't really a sense of vision and mission throughout my time. Most meetings were spent on the logistical things, how the center would run, and how to do a certain task. This isn't wrong; it's necessary. I mean nothing to my center directors. No mention was made about what the ultimate vision was. I think this would help boost the morale and engagement in the center. How could this be more implemented into the fabric of the schoo? 3) Consider discipline. Our culture is changing. I get that. But, there is a degree of honor students should have for their teachers. LMB focuses a lot on giving praise for good action while turning a blind eye to bad action. I understand that we want to encourage the students. I'm all for it! :) There just needs to be a balance. Kids need to learn right and wrong. I know the school is not responsible for teaching kids morality, but the parents. But, while they are in our centers, there should be discipline for wrong and unacceptable actions. Not only praise for good action. I think the work LMB employees do is fantastic, and there are many amazing people. I know parents pay lots of money to enter this school, but does that mean the teachers could be treated any way just because the families are wealthy? I know no company is perfect. Profit is a part of the business. But, if you strive for fairness, it will be a much better company! I'm thankful for my experience at LMB.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Job, but understaffed, and over worked

May 25, 2022 - Clinician in Hingham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The kids make it worthwhile for a little bit

Cons

- Understaffed - Expected to do a lot of things, some outside of the job description - Not much independent work - Little to no room for growth in the company

5. 4.0

Rewarding role

May 7, 2022 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

role is fulfilling, build professional communication and analytical thinking skills, get to work with some amazing kids and families

Cons

employee turnover is high, pay is not great for the amount of work you do, work-life balance is rough, especially during summer which is the busiest time

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good part-time work but tiring

Apr 26, 2022 - Clinician in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

There was paid training. They provided all the materials that I needed for the job. I got the chance to work with great kids and coworkers.

Cons

The pay is low for the amount of effort it takes to lead the tutoring sessions.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Job

May 10, 2022 - Clinician
    Business Outlook

Pros

getting to work with students

Cons

The hours were quite long

8. 4.0

Meaningful Work, Kind People

Feb 23, 2022 - Mentor/Clinician/LCA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lindamood-Bell values mentoring and ensuring all Star Cast members feel supported. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and add new skillsets. The work is extremely rewarding as you witness firsthand the incredible growth students make from start to finish during their intervention periods. Everyone I've interacted with cares deeply about the company mission and values. I have become a better person doing this job, with more compassion and understanding for the education system, including staff, parent and student difficulties.

Cons

I docked off one star due to the low pay (considering the amount of hard work we do as well as higher compensation in similar industries among other companies). This is a job that will at times exhaust, but if you enjoy being challenged personally and professionally, there will be endless opportunities!

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0

Challenging, but Rewarding

Mar 22, 2022 - Clinician in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working with (most of) the students I was assigned, and really liked the camaraderie with other Clinicians. Our center did a good job of not overloading any of us with too many students in a day. Everyone is paid for the training after being hired (2 weeks, full-time). It was fun seeing progress with the students, and building a rapport with them.

Cons

Not enough positive feedback from management. Our director was very good with that, but when she moved on, I saw a huge reduction in the type of encouragement and support offered by management.

10. 4.0

Fast Paced But Worth It If You Love Teaching

Apr 21, 2022 - Clinician in Newton, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people in the company. Location is right by a WholeFoods which is nice.

Cons

There is some burnout for some teachers but others find it not so.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 636 Reviews

Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Reviews FAQs

Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 694 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes. This rating has improved by 14% over the last 12 months.

57% of Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes to be coworkers, career development and the cons to be benefits, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Job Seekers