Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2020

2.7
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes President Nanci Bell (no image)
Nanci Bell
Pros
Cons
  • "There also are no incentives in place for clinicians to do exceptional work(in 97 reviews)

• "Comparatively low pay for a tough job (especially considering what LMB charges parents per hour)(in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great way to explore educational careers!"

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, supportive management, good pay, and great experience working with kids!

Cons

Sometimes the schedule can be a bit hectic or unpredictable (like student changes at the last minute before a session), but my center was very good about trying to be supportive if this was happening.

Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Response

May 26, 2020Learning Center Management

Thank you for sharing your experience with Lindamood-Bell. Your input is extremely important to us. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience in instruction. Thank you for your feedback about the learning center schedule; we take comments like yours into consideration as we strive to improve our workplace. Thanks again for your review.

"An amazing summer job for anyone wanting to teach or work with kids"

Former Employee - Clinician in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time for less than a year

Pros

*good pay *staff is super helpful and kind *the culture promotes a fun and safe environment

Cons

*sessions are intense with the amount of work you have to fit into 45 or 55 minutes *work hours are unpredictable, but they work with your schedule

Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Response

September 16, 2019Learning Center Management

Thank you for sharing your experience with Lindamood-Bell. Your input is extremely important to us. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience working at the learning center in a seasonal role.

"Good Experience, Tough Expectations"

Former Employee - Instructor/Tutor in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great experience working with kids, fairly accommodating, opportunities to work more/less amounts of time, some strategies are helpful for future teachers

Cons

Very strict with using their instructional strategies, not always the best strategies, lots of evaluations, entitled parents

"Good"

Former Employee - Tutor in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time

Pros

Really great and fun work environment

Cons

There are not many cons.

"Fulfilling Summer Job"

Former Employee - Clinician in Tampa, FL

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great, fulfilling work with children

Cons

Very fast paced environment, a lot of training required

"Very solid summer job"

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time for less than a year

Pros

Days are busy, not a lot of downtime so time goes by fast. The students were often fun to work with as well.

Cons

No major complaints, pay was fair. Occasionally you have to work with difficult students, but managers are usually easy to access if help is needed

7. "Unethical treatment of employees with children, poorly conceived Covid-19 procedures"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- the programs are effective, moreso than Orton-Gillingham, FAST, iReady, Kumon and other popular reading and math programs out there. - the customer service for families attending is phenomenal. - co-workers are intelligent, fantastic people who love helping students. Easy to meet lifelong friends working here.

Cons

Employees with children do not last long in Lindamood-Bell, no matter their talent. Hourly employees (all staff save 2-3 employees in each branch) are required to have open availability and work no other jobs, but branches are not obligated to fill their schedules. Hours can vary drastically, with 40+ hours a week at peak times, down to 25 or below when the center is slow. I once asked my manager for more consistent hours, to which she responded “you just called off the other day- isn’t it a little ironic to ask for more hours?” As my manager knew, I had called off to care for a sick child. Apparently children are only valued when they’re paying an hourly rate. The most disheartening turn of events I have seen, however, has been corporate’s approach to Covid-19. Despite marketing their image as a school, Lindamood-Bell has decided to open its doors to students rather than keep instruction exclusively online. Southern states with high infection rates were some of the first to open, and masks were not made mandatory until this week. We work one-on-one with students, using materials that have largely been digitized- the only legitimate argument for working in-center is technical issues that could arise on the tutor’s end. Employee oversight and accommodating parents who wish to send their kids in person are more likely the driving forces. Paired with a slew of hushed layoffs and demotions, this change has been detrimental to employee morale, a problem HR has only worsened with curt responses and gaslighting.

8. COVID-19

"For this hourly wage, work retail instead."

Current Employee - Clinician

I have been working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time for less than a year

Pros

The kids are amazing. My direct supervisors are good, too.

Cons

The people who run this company at the corporate level are some of the greediest out there. You're really going to charge families $125 an hour and pay your teachers $16 an hour? Where's the rest going? Don't tell me it's to those dumb, white, "company policy" couches in every center. It's either in the CEO's pocket or directly feeding back into her plan for world domination (why are you opening new international centers during a global pandemic?). The micromanagement is overwhelming. The unannounced, nitpicky "mentors" coming into sessions on a very frequent basis to watch me teach make me feel like I'm on Big Brother, not employed as a teacher. I feel like some people who work here don't put in that much effort, and while it seems corporate thinks that's because they aren't whipped into perfect form, it's probably because they're emotionally occupied by looking for a better job.

Continue reading
  9. "You won't get enough hours"

Current Employee - Clinician in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time for more than a year

Pros

On the job training and supportive management

Cons

No stability in hours, could be off for a week or more at a time, find out next week's schedule the Friday before

Continue reading
  10. "One more consideration"

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time for more than a year

Pros

Entry level education summer job

Cons

Another consideration is that their hiring is through silkroad--a website that was i involved in the dark web. Despite my numerous attempts to delete from my computer and phone, it repopulates in my contacts.

Found 490 reviews