Linden Lab Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Ebbe Altberg

"Unique employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Linden Lab full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working environment, with flexibility that only an established battled worn company in the bay area can provide.

Cons

A little too flexible at times, with some employees not operating at the level you would like your peers to operate at.

Linden Lab2017-08-02
  2. "Awesome place working environment"

I worked at Linden Lab

Pros

Nice people, culture, benefits, and salary as well

Cons

Not much lunch places near from work

Linden Lab2016-01-16
  3. "Game Development at its Best"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Linden Lab

Pros

Open, inclusive and friendly environment, good benefits, smart people, flexible work hours (but, you need to get your job done) and most teams are small and meet daily. Then there are other perks and benefits, such as free snacks, free Linden lunch Thursdays, waffle day, community work days. For me it is the perfect intersection between the benefits offered by large renowned companies and being able to do game and Virtual...

Cons

Satellite offices tend to be smaller and participate less in some of the events of the company. This also hinders communication with part of the company at times, but neither of these are a big deal.

Advice to Management

There is a lot planning that is made as the project is being developed, which slows down the development pace because of the multiple step backs. Perhaps more more planning ahead and frequent communication between developers, architects, managers and product would help streamline the process a little bit. There is an effort towards that through the use of on-line tools for meetings and chat. It is greatly appreciated.

Linden Lab2015-12-17
  4. "Welcoming and flexible working environment with an innovative outlook"

Current Employee - Lead Character Artist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Linden Lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is very flexible and has a great work / life balance. Not only are the salaries very competitive, but the benefits and perks are great as well. My initial phone and in-house interviews went extremely smooth. The turnaround time from interview to hire was one of the most efficient I have experienced. Having the opportunity to work with a small art team keeps the communication clear and gives each individual...

Cons

I have not encountered any downsides to working at LInden Lab. It has been a great experience so far.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing.

Linden Lab2015-12-17
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Linden Lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, company culture, interesting projects, location, benefits, compensation, work-life balance.

Cons

I don't see downsides here.

Linden Lab2015-12-16
  6. "Relaxed, Respectful, Technical"

I have been working at Linden Lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Linden has a very relaxed, comfortable culture while still working on interesting technical problems. If you want technical problems, but not suits, this is a great place to be.

Cons

I think you can focus too much on the best technical solution and detract from finishing a task. That might happen here sometimes.

Advice to Management

You've got a great group of creative, technical people. Everyone wants input, but a few more guidelines and decisions might help focus us forward faster.

Linden Lab2015-10-08
  7. "Tightly run ship, no entry level noobs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Linden Lab full-time

Pros

Average age skews older, so no early-20s "Tech Bros" acting out or anything like that. Everyone's an expert. Company/product has been around for a while, so none of that anxiety of a startup suddenly going under.

Cons

Smaller company = fewer perks, but the jnportant ones are covered (insurance/dental, free lunch day, gym subsidy, etc.)

Linden Lab2015-06-21
  8. "I have found my tribe"

I have been working at Linden Lab full-time

Pros

Extremely welcoming and inclusive culture. People here really love what they do and it comes up in all kinds of fun ways. Also, dogs.

Cons

The distributed workforce takes a bit of getting used to.

Linden Lab2014-12-29
  9. "I've been here only one month, but I already know it's a great place to work."

Current Employee - 3D Artist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Linden Lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is friendly and welcoming. Great benefits! Fun work environment with ping pong table and lots of snacks and drinks.

Cons

None so far that I can think of.

Linden Lab2014-11-11

"Love the people, growth potential, and collaboration at Linden!"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Linden Lab full-time for more than a year

Pros

Linden has been a great place to grow my career and expand the depth of my role. Management allows you to explore areas outside your direct position. There's a lot of cross team collaboration. The company culture has also been a refreshing change from previous jobs. It has a great work/life balance and offers a lot of perks for employees (boot camp, yoga, lunches). Overall, I've had a great experience working here.

Cons

While generally I'm very happy here, there are few areas that could probably use some improvement. Over the years there have been cycles of new people, position changes, and upper management. Many transitions have been smooth, but others have been a bit challenging and new roles not clearly defined. The company could do a better job alleviating the stress and uncertainties around who is responsible for what when a new...

Advice to Management

Improve expectations of where responsibilities lie when positions are filled or employees leave. When hiring, consider bringing in some younger talent. Although all the expertise for a position might not be there, smart people can be quick learners and provide a dedication to the job.

Linden Lab2014-10-17