Lindora Clinic Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.0
Cynthia Stamper Graff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great team environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Lindora Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with dedicated team members who truly care about patient health.

Cons

Has been through some transition in the last few years, but is moving forward and improving quickly.

2. "Overworked, underpaid & lied to"

Current Employee - Nurse in Sunset Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse in Sunset Beach, CA

Pros

There really aren't any pros.... Weight loss program is cheap (not free) for employees. All the staff is stressed out, overworked, disgruntled and angry. I've only been there a short while, and it's been miserable. Lots of empty promises.

Cons

Everything else...I'm a salaried employee working 12 hrs. Everyday for 8hrs of pay. I'm working in clinic all alone a lot of the time. HR won't get me any help.

3. "Nurse Practitioner"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lindora Clinic part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great nursing staff, rewarding work with patients, and respect of my peers.

Cons

Retail sales focus, not patient success. No loyalty for long term employees. Constant changing of goals, missions, executives.

Advice to Management

Seek the company before you completely kill a 40 year old brand.

"Keep looking. Better jobs out there that pay more!"

Former Employee - LVN

I worked at Lindora Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No weekend. Off on major holidays.

Cons

No communication with staff both at manager level, area manager, and HR. To much inconsistency in this company. If you are a full time employee expect to work less than 32 hours. There is always cut back on hours. Every paycheck is different. Expect to be more of a sales person vs nurse. Not a environment to work in. Morale in clinics is so low.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately management is aware of what is going on and does nothing about it. Staff is leaving for a reason.

"Work"

Current Employee - Clinic Nurse
    Current Employee - Clinic Nurse

I have been working at Lindora Clinic full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, weekends off, open 6-6, Major holidays off

Cons

No raises, cut back In hours, and won't communicate with staff

Advice to Management

Please have open communication , clinic staff are the frontline of the business

"LVN"

Former Employee - LVN

I worked at Lindora Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No weekends/ Holidays/ nights
    Helping patients through their journey

Cons

Low pay, poor management, forced overtime after your full time hours cut to 24 hours per week, days off/ vacations NEVER approved

Advice to Management

Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.

"Keep looking and don't look back"

Current Employee - LVN in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Lindora Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Connection with fellow staff members. Helping patients reach their goals and become more health conscious.

Cons

The company recently took on an investor. Staff was promised changes for the good. After years of employee neglect and mistreatment in the way of allowing managers to bully staff, NO raises being given for 10+ years, constantly being reminded that we're at will employees and how lucky we are to even have jobs. New investors promised to review pay rates company wide and bring employees up to the national average. What a joke!! Raises ranging from zero to 1.00 were given randomly. People that worked for 8 years got .60 cents and others that have only worked a year got 1.00. Longer term employees got nothing. After years of sticking with the company and being loyal they got a slap in the face. Employees are angry and upset. They gave the staff the gift of cutting hours significantly and making staff work a clinic alone at the beginning of December. Wow, happy holidays. Hope Cynthia is aware and happily sipping champagne. Horrible.

Advice to Management

Stop spending money on opening up new satellite clinics and rebranding. Take care of your employees. You lied when you called us into the rebranding meeting and told us that we are what makes Lindora special and different. We all know it's BS and it was proven when those joke raises were handed out. Lindora used to be a great company where employees were appreciated.

"This place sucks"

Current Employee - LVN

Pros

No nights, no weekends, holidays off

Cons

please if you are a nurse go be a nurse not the "cheerleader" this company wants you to be. This isn't nursing. And this company has no idea what is happening with-in its own clinics. They have "cut" hours, meaning you are understaffed working 12 hour shifts almost daily and if your in a bigger clinic you are missing your hours even being full time. If you wanna actually live in the real world and be able to afford your bills don't work here. When your hours are cut and clinic moral is low ours pts know. We have a monthly goal to hit and if you don't hit a certain number you don't make your bonus. Which is a significant amount when it comes to paying to live. But they don't care. Even moving up in the company is a joke and you barely get any pay raise. On top of that they expect you to go through a daily beating by some pretty ruthless pts and are told " deal with it the CUSTOMER is always right!" These are pts who are here for treatment but we are to be treated like dirt because they pay a lot of money. And that's all this company has become is a money grubbing pit. As a nurse coming to work every day has become miserable instead of when it used to be enjoyable. They are bringing on bigger heads to run our inventory and more VIPs that make 6 figures while we're all struggling to survive and work our butts off With cut hours... How does that even make sense?!?! You get overwhelmed and overworked with minimal room for vacation time. And you have no personal life with this company... NONE. I see my husband and kids on the weekends and about 1 hour after work. That's it. Corporate is so detached from what's happening and they chose the wrong person to run things. Running a Skelton crew doesn't do anything besides hurt your employees! Figure it out. You guys are losing good people and more to come.

Advice to Management

Maybe you should visit your clinics and work with someone by themselves for a morning and see what we deal with. Take a serious look at the numbers from the years prior to this last year you put the wrong people in charge. The excuses of "winter is normally slow" I've worked here almost 5 years. It's never been this bad! So open your eyes and actually care for once and listen to our voices. There's clearly people here on this site hitting it on the head and the ones that are happy posts we know it's not real.

9. "Not worth it"

Current Employee - LVN

I have been working at Lindora Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No nights or weekends. Nursing license is not at risk.
    Building positive relationships with staff and patients. Tasks are not too difficult.

Cons

Previous reviews have said that Lindora got worse after the new investors but it has actually been this way for a while. You may not be working nights or weekends but you will be working split shifts (opening clinic with 3 hr break then closing clinic) and compensated with a whopping 16 dollars for the inconvenience. Corporate/managers will tell you it's not often but that is not true. With hours being cut and per diems not being utilized as much as they used to, working splits/12 hr shifts is a big possibility as a full time nurse depending on what clinic you work in. You are also expected/guilt tripped to float to other clinics within your region and sometimes even outside of your region. (30+ miles away from your home clinic and your home) Although you're reimbursed with mileage so it's totally worth driving in traffic for.

All clinics are being ran differently with new management. With the choice they've made of who is now running all clinics... justifies that Lindora condones employee bullying and retaliation. Hours are cut during slow months for full time staff and nurse managers end up working all day because they are paid salary. We are to still be thankful that at least we have a job so we shouldn't be able to complain or question having PART TIME hours as a FULL TIME employee. Makes sense right? This company is no longer focused on the wonderful patients who work so hard to achieve their goals, it is more focused now on what they are able to buy.

As a nurse you are to focus on monthly goals, making phone calls to make sure patients are coming in, and focus on daily promotions and sales. You are not to be a nurse, but a sales person. Also, if you are working in a smaller clinic you are the front desk, back office, phlebotomist, program consultant and everything in between. It is always the clinics fault for not making goal, but not corporate for cutting hours leaving the clinics short staffed and unable to see 5-10 patients all at once resulting in walk outs and unhappy patients.

PTO RARELY gets approved. There are "blackout months" where you cant even request time off even if you're capped out on your PTO. It's all about meeting the needs of the clinic and surrounding clinics. So if all the clinics don't have enough nurses to cover, you're out of luck!

Advice to Management

As you said in your pathetic Rebranding meeting, the nurses in the clinics are the front line of Lindora. Nurses are burnt out and tired, and it is then reflected on the patients who don't deserve the negative side effects of bad management. Treat your employees right and maybe you'll start seeing goals being reached.

"Better options out there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

I worked at Lindora Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Safe environment. Getting to help people. The clinics are open from 6-6 . For a nurse it's nice to find somewhere with no weekends or graveyards.

Cons

After 2 days in one week of forced overtime, we were told our hours would be cut to 20 a week even though we are full time employees. We were not even given a 24 hour notice. This began 3 weeks before Christmas (happy holidays). Not only would they be cut, but we had to be openly available still so they could schedule us how they want. No 2 full days, and one half day or anything like that. Must be 5 four hour days. Then, at the end of December we were forced to work overtime again...put that one together? Taking time off is not an option here. Doesn't matter if it's for your birthday, family event, or even your own wedding. You're also not allowed to be sick without punishment. Things were bad and since we got a new investor it became worse. We missed many sales and potential new clients due to the huge hour cut backs. There are times when there were no nurses in the building, just a receptionist.. the wait times for patients have been long and it's making us lose more money in sales then we're saving in payroll. I'd be interested to see what the new management up top salaries themselves at. Maybe that's where the money went.

Advice to Management

Restricting hours hurts more then helps. Also, spend time in the actual clinics instead of asking Lori everything and taking her word. The clinic staff does not look fondly at her, and she hasn't been in a clinic that is #1-#5 in the last 10 years. Come see what we really deal with or what it's like to only have one employee at a time.