Lindquist von Husen & Joyce Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2020

3.9
Lindquist von Husen & Joyce Partner Charlotte Tay (no image)
Charlotte Tay
  1. "What an Amazing Company!"

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lindquist von Husen & Joyce full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people. Just a wonderful group of people to work with. Competitive compensation. Opportunity to specialize in affordable housing and non-profit audits - An industry of significant importance, especially in the Bay Area. A ton of opportunity to advance and grow within the firm. Did I mention the people?

Cons

Long hours during busy season. But you knew that... This is public accounting...

"Niche"

1.0
    Current Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lindquist von Husen & Joyce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is decent to keep you in a company that limits your future opportunities

Cons

Bad management, benefits, and workplace. Worked here in administration for a few years, and the audit and tax people complain about management all the time, nonprofit/affordable housing work pigeonholes your career into this field and prevents you from jumping into other accounting firms. Waste of time to limit yourself so early on in your career, and most people here leave after a year to get the year experience needed to go somewhere else. If you join, notice that there's an overwhelmingly high turnover rate and no one is in the office, because barely anyone works at this firm - people are here to take an easy paycheck and leave. Firm is always hiring because of the lack of open culture fit and limited career growth.

Lindquist von Husen & Joyce Response

May 13, 2020Director of Operations

I was very disheartened to read this review, especially as you state you work/ed on the administrative team. As head of the administrative/operations team, I am very much in touch with my team and have had no indicators of anyone having your experience. In addition, I am also sorry to read your additional comments. To address some specific points: - Complaints regarding management - While everyone has their own unique experience we have not had any recent departures who left for reasons related to management. - People leave after a year - The average length of time for many young accountants is two years before they move into private accounting. - Turnover rate - Part of my role is to manage turnover and we do not have an overwhelmingly high turnover rate. All public accounting firms in the Bay Area are struggling to find and retain talent as, again, many desire to enter private accounting. And in the land of startups, our job is difficult. - No one is in office - The majority of the firm's population is audit staff. We are a hoteling office to begin with, providing our team with the flexibility to work remote whenever, and from wherever, they choose. Additionally, audit team are in the field quite a bit. Our tax and operations teams spend significant time in the office. We are also at our highest number of staff that I have seen within the last few years and we are rapidly growing as we continue to take on new business and acquire tax practices. - Easy paycheck - Hmm, I would hazard to guess that if you polled anyone with LvHJ, they would tell you there are no easy paychecks. All of our team are consistently busy and work hard on a regular basis. - Always hiring because of lack of open culture fit and limited career growth - I am not quite sure what you mean by "lack of open culture fit". Our team members all regularly meet with their departments and team to discuss planning, client, and other matters. I would also argue that in an organization where you sit among Managers, Principals, Partners, and peers and exchange ideas openly would fit this definition. In regards to limited career growth, we promote from within whenever we see our talent rise to the challenge and do not wait until a specified numbers of years has passed. If you show it, we will promote it. Again, I do feel bad that you are sharing this experience. And since you state you are/were a member of our very close knit administrative team, please feel free to reach out to us directly to make your experience with the firm a better one!

3. "Good job"

Current Employee - Audit Associate

I have been working at Lindquist von Husen & Joyce full-time for more than a year

Pros

The firm provides a lot of beneficial firm wide training and management is more than willing to invest their time in personal training

Cons

Niche focused which is good in certain ways but limits you that that industry/closely related.

4. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Audit Staff

I worked at Lindquist von Husen & Joyce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome people and plenty of room to grow. The monthly Happy Hours were always a blast. Working From Home was my favorite perk.

Cons

Long hours in Busy Season.

5. "Great working environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Supportive and helpful nature of colleagues; Flexible work arrangements, including working remotely; Competitive salary and benefits; Great extensive CPE training annually

Cons

Long working hours during busy season similar to all other CPA firms.

6. "Senior tax Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lindquist von Husen & Joyce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours, short work days before holiday, great work-life balance, partners treat employees with respect, no unreasonable demands, invaluable real estate expertise training

Cons

Tax season can be intense but it’s universal in all CPA firm

Lindquist von Husen & Joyce Response

January 10, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review! We're glad to have you as part of our team.

7. "Great place to work"

5.0

Pros

*good pay *friendly co workers *kitchen full of snacks *great management

Cons

to be honest, there aren't any I can think of

8. "Positive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lindquist von Husen & Joyce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Expertise from partners and staff contributes to one's general subject knowledge and confidence.

Cons

usual busy season long hours. But then, that comes with the territory of being a CPA, and work in the financial industry.

9. ""Opinion""

I have been working at Lindquist von Husen & Joyce full-time

Pros

Flexible working schedule, very friendly and respectful colleagues. Pretty much organized - methodologies, policies, protocols, etc. Good in-house CPE trainings.

Cons

Limited industry to work on; should consider expanding business to include more varying industries

Continue reading
  10. "Great Place to Learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Compared to some other CPA firms, the overtime hours during busy is reasonable. My colleagues are friendly and helpful. The company is very organized in term of the workflow and workpapers. Although the firm is more focus on niche market, it currently started expand its business area, so I am positive to that part.

Cons

Overtime dinner only provided once per week during busy season, so most of time after getting back home and eating dinner, its already 9ish.

Found 36 reviews