Lindsay, Stone & Briggs Reviews | Glassdoor

Lindsay, Stone & Briggs Reviews

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Marsha Lindsay

1. "Intern Experience is the Real Deal"

Current Intern - Intern in Madison, WI
    Current Intern - Intern in Madison, WI

I have been working at Lindsay, Stone & Briggs as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern I have taken on various tasks that have allowed me to grasp on to key insights and ideas in the ever-changing advertising industry. I've worked on projects ranging from account to digital and found all the work to be really beneficial in understanding the workflow of the agency and relations with the clients. The entire office works in an open space and everyone is friendly and approachable.

Cons

I don't have any cons about the agency itself, but I wish I worked more with other interns instead of always on my individual projects/assignments.

2. "designer"

Former Employee - Designer in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Designer in Madison, WI

I worked at Lindsay, Stone & Briggs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were some opportunities for creative work (as expected). End of year bonus rewarded. Compensation package fair. Summer flex hours are a perk. Physical environment is impressive, work spaces are not. Both genders valued.

Cons

Account people run the show. LSB is not the branding expert they package themselves to be. It is a mediocre Midwest agency in a small metropolitan city. Formal Processes get in the way of creativity.

Advice to Management

LSB invented branding in the same way Al Gore invented the Internet!

3. "engaging and hands-on"

Current Intern - Account Management Intern in Madison, WI
    Current Intern - Account Management Intern in Madison, WI

I have been working at Lindsay, Stone & Briggs as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I love that I can mix areas I'm working in and touch a little bit of everything. Great hands-on experience and wonderful people.

Cons

I often have to keep asking for more work. If I were delegated larger tasks, this wouldn't happen as much.

5. "Great internship experience in the Madison area - and it's paid!!!"

Former Employee - Advertising Intern in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Advertising Intern in Madison, WI

Pros

As an intern I get to work on real projects and press releases, which is awesome as an intern. The hands-on experience is great. I also love the free drinks in the kitchen.

Cons

Sometimes the direction isn't clear and sometimes you start work on a project but don't get to finish it and you have to pass on the cooler work to the full-time employees. I would like to work on more strategy work.

Advice to Management

Please let the interns sit in on more meetings and have more of a hands-on role throughout the entire communications campaign

6. "small agency, big hearts"

Pros

Lots of passion for what they do
    Smart employees
    Fun and relaxed environment
    Supportive to families

Cons

Work to live culture encourages long weekends and nights, not for everyone
    Not a lot of diversity

7. "fun place to be"

I worked at Lindsay, Stone & Briggs full-time

Pros

fun place to work, they do great work

Cons

same kind of things you'd have at any agency

8. "A+ intern experience"

Former Intern - Summer Intern
    Former Intern - Summer Intern

I worked at Lindsay, Stone & Briggs as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Welcoming environment, real client work, sitting in on meetings, challenging intern project, rotational program throughout different areas of the agency for 2 weeks at a time in addition to your normal role, open air/collaborative office, beautiful views of the capitol and square, unlimited coffee. LSB is super fun and family oriented. This is an agency that loves Madison and local businesses. The office is causal and laid back but they work hard and are driven to deliver quality work to clients.Names 2014 Small Agency of the Year Midwest by Ad Age.

Cons

At times as an intern there was lack of direction or work to be done. As long as you are persistent about asking for more opportunities, they will be given to you.

9. "Lindsay, Stone and Briggs is an amazing company with an amazing work ethic."

Pros

dedicated to their work. work hard play hard. acts like a family. very welcoming. great ideas and knows how to market

Cons

there are no cons to this company except the office is a little small. absolutely nothing bad to say.