Lindt & Sprüngli Reviews | Glassdoor

Lindt & Sprüngli CEO Daniel Studer
Daniel Studer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management was disconnected from the team I worked on, but with a good manager I didn't face direct issues from this" (in 17 reviews)

• "Key-holders are paid almost same rate as part time sales staff" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I have been given a path of knowledge, skill gain and growth opportunity since the day I walked through the doors."

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Leadership team is not only business oriented but is also very much people focused and aim to promote from within whenever possible. The compensation and benefits package is more than on point, and the 401k plan is an additional way Lindt helps to invest in my future. I enjoy working here because Lindt provides me with great stability and overall job satisfaction which makes me truly happy with what I do for the company and with what they do for me.

Cons

Number of available positions can sometimes limit movement. With that said, team involvement, communication, desire and positive persistence can lead to great opportunities when they arise.

Advice to Management

Please, don't go changing! Many people work for people who never care to hear them...continue being open and right there beside us.

2. "Passionate people in a fast-paced, high volume work place"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Wrentham, MA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Wrentham, MA

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The 401k Plan is good
    The Monthly Bonuses are good when reached
    Really good PTO Plan and flexible depending on supervisor
    The ability to get Overtime is nice

Cons

A lot of weekends and holidays
    Low percentage merit raises
    Rare market increase raises
    Not a lot of room for growth from Store Manager

Advice to Management

Really watch the market raises, the gap between hourly wages closes quickly

"Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management , hours, bonus programs, stability

Cons

NONE!! Zip! Nothing! These people are amazing!

Sep 25, 2018 – Corporate Recruitment Manager

Thank you so much for your review and for your dedicated service! :)

"Corporate Role"

Former Employee - Corporate in Stratham, NH
    Former Employee - Corporate in Stratham, NH

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fancy office, sit to stand desks, good cafeteria, receptionist Jan is one of the nicest people ever,

Cons

Where to start...100% turnover in executive team, focus on consolidation with ghiradelli and Russell Stover, moral is low, new Directors in many areas who don’t have strong footing yet. Sales have slowed dramatically which brings out all the problems that have been there but were covered over in the good times. They keep talking about upgrading systems but it never happens. Swiss mentality is very different and now that sales are slow the Swiss are exerting much more influence.

Then there is the retail division. 2 ecommerce websites in the past 4 years and it still can’t do some basic functionality. The point of sale system in the stores was built for restaurants not a retail store so it is missing key functionality. They have basically gutted the retail division.

Marketing has no VP so not sure where leadership is coming from.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees that growth is over, no ERP upgrade is coming, consolidation is the future, and retail is dying. This could be a good company with some changes but I’m not sure this group is up to the task. It’s a shame...

Sep 27, 2018 – Director of IT

Thank you for taking the time to write the review and expressing your opinions. We appreciate all feedback, including constructive feedback on how we can be the very best. At the same time, we... More

"Working here was the best decision of my life."

Current Employee - Operations in Stratham, NH
    Current Employee - Operations in Stratham, NH

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Almost 8 years ago I began as a temp machine operator and have steadily received opportunities and promotions. Great leadership and teamwork in all groups I’ve been in.

-Benefits are more than competitive.

-Ample opportunities for growth and training.

-Educational assistance.

-collaboration and continuous improvement.

-All ideas welcomed and listened to no matter who they come from.

-great people

Cons

-Workload is not always evenly distributed

-At times there is a disconnect between the corporate offices and manufacturing employees

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize the talent within the growing organization. Training and promotions from within help with morale. Continue the path of continuous improvement, accountability, and growth.

Sep 25, 2018 – Corporate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for this review and we are so happy to hear it! We also really appreciate your advice and feedback. We typically try and hover around 50%+ internal promotion vs. external hire for roles... More

"Toxic work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratham, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratham, NH

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Product, people and location for those that live in NH

Cons

I find it suspicious that the last 5 positives reviews have the same tone of enthusiasm. Must be coming from one department that plays heavily on reviews...this company has many issues and for a large company, relatively, it should not be operating the way it does. They had a recent lay off. The marketing and creative team has on-going issues that is troublesome. The leadership in the marketing department is run by people who are biased and are threatened by young talent. They create toxic environments for those around them and it’s hard to succeed when you keep that kind of people in leadership roles. The Swiss is taking control whether you like it or not. No growth. No opportunities. No diversity. Do not be fool by the images posted on social media. They got rid of half of those people in those photos. Do not be convinced by company solicitors. It’s their job to make the company look better than they are. My advice is to reach out to any of the former employees of Lindt if you want honest feedback. Not an equal opportunist. It’s doesnt matter how hard you work, or how honest you are, you will lose. Managers with direct employees will always have the upper hand no matter the circumstances. Lindt condones bad behaviors and bullies.

Advice to Management

Question the integrity of the marketing and creative leadership. Not everyone is to be blamed. Be honest with future recruits. No more Swiss robots. Offer a career path for those who are not high potential. Does the company want to keep good people or people with no integrity? I feel bad for those that relocate their family to work for a company that embellishes and not follow through on their beliefs.

Sep 17, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

I understand you are upset and know it can be very difficult to lose a job due to a department reorganization. This was one of those rare occasions when a department’s organizational structure... More

"Best Decision of my Life!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Stratham, NH
    Current Employee - Marketing in Stratham, NH

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Moved from Europe to New England for this job and I am extremely happy about this decision:

- Beautiful place to live near the coast, mountains and national parks
    - People are open minded, friendly and its easy to make new friends
    - Unique, positive team spirit in the company
    - Tons of activities for employees from bowling /golf / chess clubs, a fully equipped gym with trainer, flexible work options etc.
    - Top Management very open to new ideas

...and last but not least: the best chocolate!!:-)

Cons

I can't think of any downside to work here... I am truly happy to be a part of this growing company.

Aug 8, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your Lindt experience with our Glassdoor community. We are so glad you’ve joined the team—welcome!

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratham, NH

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working culture, generous benefits, good opportunities for growth and continued education. Overall it is a really good place to work with great co-workers.

Cons

Sometimes a disconnect of priorities between departments. Also, in certain departments, tenure can play a larger roll in promotions than ability. This is not the case throughout the company, only in certain departments.

9. "Toxic work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job security; as long as you keep showing up, they will keep you on the schedule. No real effort/experience required. This location will keep anyone.

Cons

The cons of this job are like any other retail job in the mall until you take a closer look. To start, poor management at the store level and people hired to take on positions they are clearly not qualified for are 100% this location's two biggest issues. Unprofessional actions from every employee consistently occur, yet nothing is done to stop it. Management really gives the impression that they do not care about the store, it is as if the manager has just given up altogether. You are treated as just a number; they want people to stick around for the holiday season/other employees PTO, other than that they couldn't care less about you as an employee. Have any concerns about your work environment? Don't try to express an opinion, because they will not listen! If you are an employee who cares about the work you do, steer clear of Lindt Chocolate in the Merrimack Outlets because your efforts will never be appreciated. Given the direction the store is headed, this location is a sinking ship that has no shot at improvement.

Aug 29, 2018 – HR Manager, Retail

Thank you for reaching out, your feedback is important to us and we will look into the information you have provided further. Please know that we have an open door policy and you can contact your... More

10. "Descent pay for expected work load."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Binghamton, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Binghamton, NY

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, good customers. Pleasant work environment,

Cons

Unrealistic goals occasionally. Could give reps more time to achieve numbers.

Advice to Management

Give reps more turn around time to accomplish sales goals.