Lindt & Sprüngli Reviews | Glassdoor

Lindt & Sprüngli CEO Daniel Studer
Daniel Studer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Be careful about upper management positions (in 19 reviews)

• Key-holders are paid almost same rate as part time sales staff (in 6 reviews)

1. "Thanks! Its a good company"

Current Employee - Chocolate Advisor in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Chocolate Advisor in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, calm environment, nice customers

Cons

None overall great! Very cranky customers too! Just don't stare at people

Advice to Management

Please don't be greedy about money!

"Was once a great company"

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time

Pros

I will say this.... Lindt does a good job of providing generous benefits to their employees. There are a variety of work clubs available to join as well as volunteer opportunities. There is flexible work options available if you work in corporate. Plenty of overtime opportunities for hourly employees.
    Also, Lindt currently boasts about advancement opportunities and employee development.

Cons

The overall corporate culture is toxic. Lindt aggressively seeks growth but management continuously makes policy changes and refuses to communicate the changes that affect others across the organization. Departments are terrible at collaborating and often look for blame instead of solutions to problems within the business. Departmental goals often conflict with the goals of another department and creates an unproductive environment. Lindt also tends to pay contractors for ongoing work that could be done internally.
    Under previous management, no matter how crazy the business got, the CEO always managed to remind the employees the their hard work is noticed, appreciated, and drives the success of the business. You could go to the company meeting and leave feeling accomplished and energized, that same energy can no longer be found.
    Advancement opportunities within the company seem to be hit or miss. Some unqualified people are getting promoted while others with rare technical skills could be black listed and kept in the same position.
    The HR department serves more as a barrier to protect the company from the employees. Forget about trying conflict resolution, just suck it up and hope for the best. The job titles are a mess which makes for a hard time comparing similar jobs in the region to base a pay scale off of. You are likely to find better pay at another company.
    The interview process is lengthy and so is the hiring process. Be prepared to wait for an answer for a month or 2 and be prepared to be active in keeping communication open with the recruiter and the hiring manager. It is the longest and most frustrating process I have encountered at any company.

Currently, I cannot recommend this company to anyone unless you are looking for a stepping stone to boost your resume. Be careful about upper management positions....they are extremely expendable and the company is not above walking employees out right before a big family holiday. As this review was written, there are several Director Positions open.

Advice to Management

Effective communication needs improvement.

Hiring process needs to be fixed and streamlined.

Increase buy in from Management and align departmental goals.

Initiatives are great but lack follow through.

Encourage diversity and collaboration instead of supporting the segregation between corporate and hourly employees.

Apr 11, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

I appreciate your candid feedback and hope that you will consider reaching out to me or a member of the leadership team to discuss your concerns. As a company, we are all highly invested in our... More

"Was once a great company"

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time

Cons

Advice to Management

Increase in effective communication and buy in from management.

Hiring process needs to be fixed and streamlined.

HR department needs to be more visible and engaged with the employees. Employees shouldn't be afraid of retaliation for submitting a complaint but they are. Hourly employees feel looked down upon by HR and feel more like a number than a person. Discrimination and segregation still runs rampant in the company and needs to be closely looked at starting with the actions of management.

Apr 11, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

4. "Sales"

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time

Pros

Good discount, friendly atmosphere, good hours

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities, lack of real use of job skills

"Great place to work."

Former Employee - Chocolateer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Chocolateer in Miami, FL

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli (More than a year)

Pros

- Small team (about 7 of us total)
    - Everyone cooperated
    - As far as retail goes, this is one of the easier and less physically demanding retail jobs (you won't have to worry about folding clothes)

Cons

- Management wasn't organized
    Not too many cons. It was a great place to work.

Feb 7, 2018 – Corporate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it!

"Hostile work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time

Pros

50% off Chocolate, every season brings something new to the store.

Cons

I loved working at Lindt however, as much as I liked working here (mainly because I like helping people and loved smelling chocolate all day) the environment changed for me because of all the drama this store has. Some of the employees get special treatment from the manager which I feel is very unethical. At one time one employee didn’t show up for whatever reason and the next week she got more hours than I did. I was baffled! On another occasion the manager sat us down individually asking if we had a problem with her and if there was something that we needed to say because there was a anonymous review on Glassdoor about an employee experience while working at the store. I felt super uncomfortable after that talk. There was another occasion where a customer walked in and as he was being rung up at the register the manager said he should buy more chocolate because he was too skinny, the customer got upset and asked for her name which she did not tell him and asked very rudely to get out of her store. The customer wanted to buy the chocolate but she didn’t allow it. The customers girlfriend had to come back to buy them and she told us that her boyfriend suffered from an eating disorder and that the manager shouldn’t have said that. We apologized to her for how our manager acted. I was shocked and appalled that day. The instability of our manager’s emotions was a constant thing. There are employees that are the manager favorites for whatever reason and those employees end up talking and standing the hole shift by the register while other employees work hard and help customers. The people that should get more hours get less and vice versa. The manager didn’t let anyone but her ring up employee sales(we all had authority to do so per company), which if you wanted to buy something you had to wait days if not a whole week to buy them. There are a lot more things to say but I think I’ll leave it here.

Advice to Management

I have too much experience to be fighting for work hours. If you can’t see how great of an employee I am another company will.

7. "Was a fun place"

Pros

Met some great people and loved some of the customers

Cons

you were at the will of management

"Lack of direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratham, NH

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is decent. Benefits are decent. A lot of great people work for the company which helps ease some of the cons.

Cons

Company does not work efficiently. Lack or or "blurred" leadership leads to high stress and lack of direction creating a work environment that is stressful and uninspired. Tend to work to put out fires instead of having long-term outlook to move the company in a positive direction. A lot of talented people employed but senior/upper management and international management team want to keep all the control and decision making. People are not empowered or allowed to do their jobs. They talk a good game, doing offsites on innovation and morale, however the learnings are never implemented or discussed again - makes it a waste of time and frustrating.

Advice to Management

Overhaul how company is structured. Trust the talent of the people that are hired. Refrain from micro-managing.

9. "Good place"

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, decent amount of actual work to be done, you could always have been doing something. Opportunity to man the store by yourself.

Cons

Not really anything at all!

"Chocolate Associate"

Former Employee - Chocolate Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Chocolate Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli (More than a year)

Pros

50% off chocolate and flexible with school schedule

Cons

Low pay, no room to store belongings, change in the bathroom, nowhere to eat unless you wanna eat in the bathroom

Advice to Management

SO strict on employees yet pay very little and lack job basics