Lindt & Sprüngli Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Lindt & Sprüngli CEO Daniel Studer
Daniel Studer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free chocolate, cafe on site, Work from Home option, HR offers healthier living options, i" (in 19 reviews)

• "Great benefits and the really value employees" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management was disconnected from the team I worked on, but with a good manager I didn't face direct issues from this" (in 17 reviews)

• "Key-holders are paid almost same rate as part time sales staff" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work in New Hampshire!"

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time

Pros

I have had a great experience working for Lindt (USA) over the past several years. They have helped me grow my career and helped me to go back to school to get my MBA. The company as a whole is friendly and down to earth despite the formal setting. We are located on a gorgeous campus, and have a state-of-the art manufacturing facility and corporate offices. The company has been growing at a tremendous pace with plans for further growth in manufacturing. The company is making efforts to create a positive community experience through volunteer opportunities in partnership with United Way, creating extra-curricular clubs on campus (like running, bowling, meditation, photography, and chess clubs), and they host amazing annual company parties (this year's was at the Top of the Hub in Boston). Their hourly and salary rates are competitive. The chocolate is delicious and it always smells of chocolate everywhere on campus. Their updated new hire orientation is great for new employees and helps you understand how your role fits into the entire company process whether you're in marketing, wholesales, retail, QA, etc. The company is a diverse community of people from different backgrounds and countries which is so refreshing and can be hard to find in NH! You'll hear several languages being spoken on-site from German, Swiss-German, Italian, Spanish, and English. Overall, it's a great place to work and be able to live in the beautiful state of New Hampshire.

Cons

Most employees start out as temps. Occasionally, it can be a long road to becoming a permanent employee. But, if you're right for the position they'll make it as quick as possible. It can be difficult to transition in the company. Often it seems more people are hired from abroad for management level positions than promoted from within. But, they are making efforts to level the playing field. Qualifications for roles are higher than others companies in the market so you will need to work even harder for management roles.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities to promote from within and ensure upward mobility in roles across all departments. Ensure the MBA program student financial responsibility is clearly communicated so students understand how much they are being taxed each semester instead of finding out when they receive their student reimbursement check.

2. "production supervisor"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lawrence, MA
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lawrence, MA

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- lots of opportunities
    - very flexible, time off, schedule etc
    - positive environment
    - supportive team
    - focus oriented and a clear goal defined. Customer and employee satisfaction
    - excellent salary

Cons

- need to save 10 PTO days per year for production shut down

Jun 25, 2018 – Corporate Recruitment Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! We know shutdown can sometimes complicate PTO schedules. We always try and communicate that ahead of time, but do appreciate your input... More

3. "Good Company to Work for in Seacoast Area"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been employed at Lindt for over 2 years. They offer education reimbursement, great gym, company clubs, onsite cafeteria and chocolate discounts and giveaways. You can make connections if you open yourself up and get involved, which ultimately help at Lindt or any company.

Cons

Some company growing pains, but to be expected when a company is growing and that is great for the area. However, as the saying goes, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Advice to Management

Get to know all the areas in the company and not just your department. I find that with all bigger companies communication can make or break you. This is where some of the focus should be initiating some cross training/interdepartmental initiatives, but not just upper management...it needs to trickle down to everyone.

4. "Don’t listen to the naysayers"

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Stratham, NH
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Stratham, NH

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time

Pros

I’m somewhat new to Lindt and think it was a great move for me and my career. Great pay, Great people, Great benefits that include on site gym and classes. I’ve worked for other companies and the grass isn’t always greener folks. Lindt is one of the best companies I’ve worked for by far.

Cons

I’ve heard there’s been lots of change but they must be doing something right because the business results are better than they’ve been in 3 years.

Advice to Management

Don’t listen to the naysayers. Change was needed. The business results prove it.

Jun 25, 2018 – Corporate Recruitment Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are having a great year indeed and we appreciate your positive attitude and continued support of our business! The updated fitness center is certainly a great... More

5. "Excelent Company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratham, NH

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lindt & Sprüngli has provided me the tools to advance in my career. From education assistance to job advancement, Lindt & Sprüngli is a pleasure to work for. I have had the opportunity to work with other departments and create lasting relationships and experience. Lindt & Sprüngli also provides me the opportunity and flexibility to balance work and home life. I enjoy participating in the clubs Lindt & Sprüngli offers has like the "Running and Golf Clubs."

Upper Management is extremely friendly and outgoing making the workplace environment fun!

Cons

I have not experienced any Cons working here!

Advice to Management

Great job investing in your employees!

Jun 25, 2018 – Corporate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your great review, and for your 5+ years of service! We really appreciate it! The people behind our product are truly what makes Lindt a great place to work.

"Wouldn't recommend this place unless you're good at drinking the corporate cool aid"

Former Employee - Stratham Employee in Stratham, NH
    Former Employee - Stratham Employee in Stratham, NH

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is growing fast and is financially healthy

Cons

A bit of a European caste mentality. Company is very Swiss which means you're either very in or you're essentially irrelevant. Promotions and demotions are arbitrary and capricious. Mostly based on the emotional whim of whoever you have the fortune or misfortune to report to.

Advice to Management

Look deeper, be fair, take a more active professional interest in hard working, dedicated employees that are not on the supervisory or above level.

"Look for your chocolate fix elsewhere"

Former Employee - Engineer in Stratham, NH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Stratham, NH

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The free chocolate
    Reach the beach, workout facility
    People
    Location
    Education Reimbursement

Cons

-All about politics, managers and some personnel will tell you one thing to your face and then take credit for themselves or throw you under the bus.

People are too afraid to rock the boat wither it be not sticking up to Switzerland, doing things how they were always done, or upper management letting managers rail road employees.

Advice to Management

Some individuals have been in positions for too long and don't know how to handle being a large corporation.

Silos need to be opened and more communication needs to be enabled.

"Bad Decision Making"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No heavy lifting. Represent quality product

Cons

Brand Managers cannot grasp that selling in displays & product into accounts should be their job, not Field Reps. Incentives forced reps to 'dummy up' displays for photo ops. Did nothing to increase sales, as only used existing stock to put on displays. Major companies control their supply chain, not field reps. Major layoff of field reps has lowered morale.

Advice to Management

WAKE UP! You have and represent quality products, but field reps are not given respect in the field, especially in the Western Region. So much talk from upper management is just that...talk. Proper planning from Brand Managers with customers would result in a better sell in opportunity and allow field reps to better deal with proper presentation and rotation of product.

"Not worth it !!!"

Current Employee - Chocolate Advisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Chocolate Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Discount on chocolate and that’s it. Really nothing else to say. Customers are a delight. Management and fellow employees are rude.

Cons

Where do I start ... ladies if you like colored nail polish, don’t work here. You can’t wear any nail polish that isn’t nude. Nails have to be very short and there’s favoritism because some girl have long nails. Shoes must have a black sock with them. Can’t show the top of your foot. And your hair has to be in a ponytail even if your hair is short. Which makes no sense because there’s no open candy in the store; everything is wrapped. No nose studs, even if it’s tiny and pants have to be a dress pant. No black jeans or legging material. This place is a real circus. Rules from top to bottom. Any rule that you could think of just to sell chocolate and get paid minimum. You only get 10-15 hours a week so you’ll definitely want another job and here’s the kick, they get upset when you no longer have open availability due to any and everything that’s more important than them. Seriously, I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone. I literally worked for two days and was ready to quit on the second. I’m so happy I no longer have to go there. Two days was more than enough for m.

Advice to Management

Grow some balls. Don’t talk about your employees unprofessionally behind their back. Don’t get upset because your employees have other jobs and can’t just focus on having an open schedule for 10-15 hours a week ; 5 hour shifts and only $13 dollars an hour. This place was extremely unprofessional and the favoritism was very detectable. I hate that I wasted my time believing in this company and giving my time for two days. Hopefully, you guys can find better management.

Jun 1, 2018 – HR Manager, Retail

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. At Lindt we are always looking for new and innovative ways to best manage the complexities of our business. Part of that is a continual... More

10. "Thanks! Its a good company"

Current Employee - Chocolate Advisor in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Chocolate Advisor in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Lindt & Sprüngli part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, calm environment, nice customers

Cons

None overall great! Very cranky customers too! Just don't stare at people

Advice to Management

Please don't be greedy about money!