Linear Title Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nick Liuzza

Pros
  • The work environment is fantastic (in 6 reviews)

• I also like how there is a lot of room for growth here (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No Cons to working here as of yet (in 5 reviews)

• Even upper management plays favorites, it's a clique and if they don't like you, they make it uncomfortable and known (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Office"

Current Employee - Escrow in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Escrow in Denver, CO

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People, Great Benefits, Management is Excellent

Cons

Corporate office seems to be somewhat detached from employees

2. "With the amount of employees the training should be way better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, RI

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers and supervisor are some of the best I've ever worked with! The scope of title insurance makes for a lot of learning opportunities but the queue demands make learning hard.

Cons

Training is "bare bones" which is nerve-wracking for not just the employees but for the clients. This is the kind of industry that isn't hard to grasp but information needs to be available to reach for it. Building is disgusting: very poor ventilation in the work area, and none in the main employee bathroom (gross) no windows for vast majority of workers, roof leaks when it rains. Just had a round of layoffs and two weeks later we got a industrial-size espresso machine worth almost $10k...hmm

Advice to Management

Training and education needs to be a much higher priority! Employee apathy, frustration and low production are breeding because of ignorance of what they are doing. Upgrade or overhaul facility! I'd rather be able to breathe and not get every virus that passes through the office than have a latte on demand.

3. "There is something better out there for you, I promise!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, RI

I worked at Linear Title full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Some of the people you work with are great.
    2. Flexible hours.
    3. If business is busy there is lots of overtime opportunity. (Once overtime is cut take this is a warning layoffs will most likely happen soon).
    4. Relatively easy application/interview process.
    5. Healthcare/401k match were great

Cons

Some of these overlap:

1. Staff: Many of the people you work with will be disinterested and unmotivated employees and their slack becomes your responsibility. The few "rockstars" that are hired quickly become tired and disinterested in their work. It appears to be a manager/training/communication missed opportunity.

2. Layoffs: The company is quite shortsighted and unable to properly assess staffing needs and requirements leading to unnecessary massive layoffs to which there appears to be little rhyme or reason as to whom is let go. Often times, key employees are included in the layoff further compounding in-office tensions since the remaining key employees are left with less talented workers.

3. Growth opportunity: The path to growth at this company is also muddled behind common office politics that riddle most offices that have become quite large in a short period of time. While the structure makes it appear easy to move up in the company, employees who are well fit for manager/supervisor positions are often overlooked, move on to other employment or are included in the layoffs. There is also a tendency for the upper-level positions to be filled during an upswing in business following a layoff which can result in under qualified leadership.

4. Focus: Because the focus is on quantity and the bottom line, this means upper management over hires employees for positions that one well trained employee could handle. This coupled with their inability to read the market correctly and provide comprehensive training leads to job instability. In the past, massive layoffs have occurred within a short period of time following company wide notifications of hitting company high records. During layoff seasons the company expresses the change in market causing the layoffs, however this could be easily avoidable if upper management had a better handle on understanding the market. There is also undoubtedly other factors to the layoffs that employees are not privy to.

5. Salary/Benefits: Starting salaries are not quite where they should be to attract higher quality workers. No vision care.

6. Communication: Communication is a problem for this company. You can spend days going back and forth with management regarding a question and never get an answer and have to go with what you believe the best option is. They do teach you risk assessment to make this easier. Adding to this, different departments are not staffed properly to handle their own duties, making department communication difficult.

7. Job security. Touched on above. Jobs at Linear are not secure. To me it appeared that employees hired prior to 2012 and friends of upper management seem to have a better chance of making it through a layoff season.

Advice to Management

1. Staff accordingly and provide higher quality training so that fewer people are impacted during layoff seasons.
    2. Work on predicting the market and diversifying your products so as to create a more secure job environment.
    3. Reward key employees and communicate with them plans for their future.
    4. Screen employees being hired better, they should be motivated and driven.
    5. Review top down processes and communication. There are huge company issue wide issues with these aspects.

5. "Do nott work for this office"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Pros

I met a couple of nice people.

Cons

Most unprofessional office I have ever been employed by

Advice to Management

Get new management and there a few employees that should be let go.

"Came Back For A Reason"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Middletown, RI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Middletown, RI

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came back to Linear because of the changes made in management & the overall business model which have occurred since I left for another job back in 2013. I left Linear because of those reasons as job stability is important to me and the company was not headed in a good direction at that time. Now, almost two years since my return, I like where the company appears to be headed and there are clear opportunities to grow within the company as long as you prove yourself to be an asset. Linear also has a strong sense of community which is great for employee morale in general.

Cons

Most of my cons are matters that at this time appear to be understood by upper management and are being addressed as we continue to grow. These matters include more transparency of the overall business model, increasing inter-departmental communication, and fine tuning some of our processes to increase efficiency. The office itself could also be in better shape (better amenities).

"It's not just a job"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Middletown, RI
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Middletown, RI

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The managers and supervisor's make sure you know that you matter to how the company is run. They ask for and reutilize your suggestions. The people I work with at not only my coworkers but my friends. We enjoy a monthly dinner outing.

Cons

We are growing so much that we are running out of room in our parking lot, now we have to park far away, not really a con because the exercise.

"Here is Where You Want To Be"

Current Employee - Closing Specialist in Middletown, RI
    Current Employee - Closing Specialist in Middletown, RI

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great compensation, knowledgeable management, supportive network, and increasing availability in advancement of your career.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, and I'm being very truthful

9. "Curative specialist"

Current Employee - Curator in Middletown, RI
    Current Employee - Curator in Middletown, RI

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people and I trust the CEO's direction of the company.

Cons

Very hard to get trained on new things and there seems to be no clear path to be apart of management. It feels like I do the exact same thing every single day, and my spark is fading.

Advice to Management

When people want to move up in the company, please do not ignore them and their ambitions. Very Frustrating.

"Excellent Services"

Current Employee - Policy Department in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Policy Department in Houston, TX

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company really cares about there customers and employees. This is a class A company.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and communication with the entire staff!

"Assistant"

Current Employee - Assistant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall the company is a great place to work. Management helps you learn the things you need to learn in order to be successful and do it in a way that doesn't make you feel stupid. They also make you feel like you are truly part of a team and that you as a person are important to the company. We have Fun Fridays and there are many team building outings.

Cons

I don't think there are any cons to this job.