Lingoda Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2020

3.9
Lingoda Managing Director Fabian Wunderlich
Fabian Wunderlich
Pros
  • "Lingoda provides very flexible working hours for freelance language teachers(in 12 reviews)

• "Further, as another pro can be mentioned the structured learning materials - that means that there is barely preparation time for teachers(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "The pay is deplorable; it is not even minimum wage(in 8 reviews)

• "Group classes can be quite difficult at times and should perhaps be remunerated more(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Flexibility, Helpful Management"

Current Employee - Freelance English Teacher

I have been working at Lingoda part-time

Pros

The scheduling system allows for ultimate flexibility both in when you teach and what you teach, as each class is selected by the teacher.

Cons

Because of the flexible scheduling system , it can be hit or miss when it comes to the time slots students want to book classes.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Lingoda part-time

Pros

I recently joined Lingoda and I love the company. Their content and support are really great! I recommend this job for anyone who needs a side gig. It's a great way to meet people from all over the world, all in the comfort of your own home.

Cons

Pay isn't stellar but it's great for a side gig.

November 19, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the positive feedback. We keep our students at the centre of everything we do here at Lingoda so we are glad to hear that you enjoy working with them. The intercultural exchange that occurs every day at Lingoda is wonderful to take part in. The opportunity to meet people from all over the world in a virtual classroom is an experience we are fortunate to facilitate. Enjoy your upcoming classes!

"So far so good!"

Current Employee - Teacher in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Lingoda part-time

Pros

I've been working with Lingoda for about a month and I've really enjoyed so far. Pros: Unless the students specifically ask for an individual lesson, all the lesson materials are provided by Lingoda. Which makes preparing very easy. So far the teacher "help desk" has been very prompt and has always kindly answered my questions. You get to meet and interact with people from all over the world I think the pay is fair for the amount of work and hours that we teach (Lingoda makes it clear in the contract that teaching is only a part-time job. Therefore you should have another source of income as well) Flexible hours!!

Cons

So far I've encountered very few problems: Student(s) might not show-up to a class There is very little teacher based training, so be prepared to just jump right in. However, there is training on how to operate the programs and most questions are answered. There is no teacher to teacher interaction (which may be done purpose and can also be a "pro" as well)

March 20, 2018Head of Operations

We are very happy that you appreciate the fact that you can chose to use our lesson material, as well as the effort that we put in supporting our teachers every day. You also mentioned a couple of points that we are very proud of: our company is international since its conception and flexibility is, as we usually say, "in our very DNA". Not only by working hours, as you underlined, but also when solving any issue with teachers and students. Thank you very much for raising the issue of students not showing up to lessons sometimes. We would like to reassure you that we analyze this on a regular basis as well as thoroughly investigating how to help students to remember their classes. We also appreciate your suggestions about the lack of systematic teacher training and teacher-to-teacher interaction. Our main goal is to provide an attractive secondary job to freelance teachers who are, in most cases, already engaged professionally in other teaching activities. This is why teacher preparation is not one of Lingoda's priorities at this point.

"Ok so far . . ."

Current Employee - English Teacher

I have been working at Lingoda part-time for more than a year

Pros

You can set your own schedule, the teaching material is great, and you get to teach some very interesting international students.

Cons

The salary isn’t very high, but I haven’t worked her long enough to know how fast you can move up the pay scale if you do a good job.

Continue reading

"When you pay peanuts you get monkeys"

1.0
    Professor Emeritus in Shangri La, TX

I worked at Lingoda

Pros

All the experts will stay away

Cons

Salary is less than a cleaner. Need to say more ?

Continue reading
  6. "Good company, mediocre pay"

4.0
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Lingoda part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great working hours and felixbility. Very helpful support staff.

Cons

Bad payment. Classes are an hour long and this prohibits teaching several classes consecutively.

Continue reading
  7. "Happy Online English Teacher"

Current Employee - Online English Teacher in Almaty

I have been working at Lingoda part-time for more than a year

Pros

Efficient assistance and the material is good.

Cons

Salary could be higher and more market related.

Continue reading
  8. "Cool company, great team!"

Current Employee - Junior Accountant in Berlin

I have been working at Lingoda full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am currently really happy with everything in Lingoda! Cool and helpful teammates, transparency, and flexibility. I would totally recommend to someone to work for Lingoda.

Cons

Nothing caught my attention so far.

July 29, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Dear colleague, Thank you for your great feedback. We really appreciate your words and thank you very much for the great feedback. We are very excited about future cooperation with you and are glad that everything went so well. Best regards, Your People & Culture Team

9. COVID-19

"A great company with a lot of space for personal growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at Lingoda full-time for less than a year

Pros

- open & honest communication - interesting tasks - great teamwork & great colleagues - great handling of the corona situation In summary, a great environment to work.

Cons

- work-life balance could be better

July 29, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Hi colleague, thanks a lot for your feedback! We are grateful for any advice on how we can improve in the future. Currently, we are in the process of bringing even more flexibility into our daily work, for a better work-life balance. We want to achieve this through complete remote working, freely assignable home office days, and flexible working hours. We hope to be able to guarantee this even better in the future. Best regards, Your People & Culture Team

"Low pay, great students"

Current Employee - Home-based Online English Teacher in Johannesburg

I have been working at Lingoda part-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome students from around the world Flexible schedule Teach as and when you want Teacher Management communication is always polite and professional

Cons

Low pay (for a qualified teacher) Response from Teacher Management is slow You cannot see your low ratings, to help you improve Low pay

Found 67 reviews