KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 9 of over 9 reviews

4.6
Lingumi CEO, Co-founder Toby Mather
Toby Mather

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture, Amazing People and Quick Growth

Apr 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

*The team provides enough spaces for you to improve and do something bold/unique. *You could learn a lot from excellent teammates, and we grow so quickly. *Everyone's voice has been heard. The leadership cares everyone.

Cons

The team is mission-driven, make sure you're hard-working.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Supportive, caring and interesting mission-driven company

Oct 4, 2021 - Product Designer in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast-paced product team where you can really make an impact each week. - Respectful and supportive team. - Flexible working that allows for a healthy work-life balance. - Fantastic mix of talented, intelligent, lovely people.

Cons

- You have to be prepared to work at pace and learn fast.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

9m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,842

955 Comments

Join the conversation on
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Chaotic, no growth, slow decisions

Aug 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Mostly lovely people who care deeply about the mission - Good benefits - Care about wellbeing - Focus on D&I and active listening (although this may have been lost in recent redundancies)

Cons

- Ego-driven product team who move very slowly - Almost no growth in the past year and are now having to pivot - No current opportunities for progression due to very short runway and junior managers - Some poor hiring decisions - Generally slow and uncertain decision making (the quickest decision they've made in the past year is redundancies)

Be the first to find this review helpful

Lingumi Response

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave this review. This feedback is important and we take it seriously. You raise a lot of fair points in terms of pace and decision making. We’ve definitely been going through the ‘growing pains’ cycle of a start up where we’ve had to make several changes to strategy and not always as quickly as we should have done. I agree that hard decisions have not always been executed when they should have been. As is typical of most startups, formal promotions and career paths are not always a possibility, but the opportunity to learn new skills and take on new challenges to make a big impact in the business is a constant. We do work hard to create a transparent environment and whilst I do take your point about ensuring clarity, we are committed to sharing everything we can across the business - even the more academic or complex documents - to the whole team, and to get all voices heard. I would also like to reassure you that D&I and active listening will most definitely still be a focus and is extremely important to us. Thank you once again for this feedback. We have taken it on board and will continue to iterate on our culture and processes to make them better. Amanda

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing working environment and culture

Apr 25, 2020 - Content and Community Associate in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive and respectful working environment! Full of talented people in the team, we're all enjoying our time here and full of passion for what we're doing.

Cons

We are moving so quickly, so make sure you follow up and full of passion!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fulfilling mission, great culture and supportive leaders

Apr 23, 2020 - Designer in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Our mission to teach millions of children English is powerful and exciting - The people are talented, humble and hard working - Each team member is treated as an equal - Great leaders who are supporting and encouraging

Cons

- A sometimes fast pace work environment may not be for everyone

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Passionate team with trusting culture

Apr 21, 2020 - Executive in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate people, amazing mission, flexible trusting culture, positive environment

Cons

big goals, can seem scary at first

HR & People

Thank you for the review! Keep it up :)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing mission, culture and people

Apr 22, 2020 - Chief Operating Officer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our mission (if we accomplish it), will change the world of tomorrow through the children of today, bridging the gap between high cost of education and great education. Our first course focused on spoken English is 95% cheaper and 630% faster at teaching spoken English compared to an equivalent classroom experience. We are a world-class team spread across 4 cities around the world and come from all different walks of life - we collectively speak over 8 languages and some of us have mini Lingumi toddlers of our own. Even though we are all so different, we are all tied together by the same belief, that we can change the world of tomorrow through the children of today. Even though we're all hard-working and mission-driven, we're also genuine, friendly and authentic - celebrating each other in our wins and supporting each other in our improvements. Whichever way it goes, we are all determined to achieve great results in a positive manner. However, we're not all yes people. We are people who believe in challenging ethically, having honest and open conversations, and giving and receiving consistent feedback to help better one another.

Cons

A few years ago there would have been quite a few, however, over the last year we've found product market fit and product channel fit. We've also focused on building a culture that empowers every employee from the day that they join.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Mission driven, Good culture, and you can work with a group of smart and supportive people.

Apr 22, 2020 - Marketing Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Transparent culture - Trusted feeling - Great place for career development

Cons

- You have to get your hands dirty, learn a lot by yourself from mistakes with a growing mindset.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and people

Apr 21, 2020 - People Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. People are strongly driven by mission and what we are going to achieve. The whole team is supportive, likable, and easy to work with.

Cons

No particular cons at the moment.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews