LinkNow Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Wesley Mendelovitch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to work"

I worked at LinkNow Media full-time

Pros

Free coffee, Breakfast, Great pay, Great people

Cons

Music was way too loud

Advice to Management

None really, Good job

2. "Media Designer"

I worked at LinkNow Media full-time

Pros

Casual work environment, fun break room.

Cons

Low pay and "boys club" atmosphere

3. "High School"

Pros

The work is easy and it's cool that you can get a job without a ton of experience.

Cons

I was told there would be room to grow with the company but all options seem to be sideways and not really up. You're expected to love the work even though it's clear they'd get robots to do it if they could. Managers/Supervisors are "cool" one on one, always available to help, but together they act like a high-school clique and you never know what they'll say behind your back. The job doesn't feel secure.

Advice to Management

Try to remember your employees are people with lives and concerns outside of their jobs. People have bad days. Don't treat them as replaceable. There is a difference between valuing employees and having a fun break room. Watching someone who works hard, shows up on time and follows the rules, get fired doesn't feel good and can't be justified as a "management style"

Feb 9, 2018 – Director of Operations

The one thing that is great about LinkNow is that the majority of new hires (if not filled by an existing employee) are all from employee referrals. This would not be the case if the management acted... More

4. "My home away from Home"

I have been working at LinkNow Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The diversity in not only the work but also the people i get to work with. I have never been employed somewhere that i don't feel like i have to put a front, i can be myself. We really do have all walks of life here. Due to the industry, things here are always evolving and changing so we are never bored!

Cons

The music and noise level is sometimes over the top

5. "Great "First" Job"

Current Employee - Web Designer in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Web Designer in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at LinkNow Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a recent graduate, it was hard to get a job with no work experience. I had the necessary skills, just not much on my resume. LinkNow gave me that first 'real' job in my field as a web designer, and I've been able to learn and grow a lot working here.

Cons

It pays very low... like a first job.

Advice to Management

Management in the Design Team is doing a great job!

6. "LinkNow Rocks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at LinkNow Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free cereal, fruits, coffee, juice...there are vending machines, fooseball tables, tvs, ping pong tables, 2 cafeterias and a wii!
    there is always music playing and fun things happening throughout the day with awesome bonuses.
    people here are super friendly and fun to be around, and their parties are crazy!

Cons

With all the free juice, coffee, cereal and fruit, i sometimes have to leave the office to "take care of business"....

Advice to Management

You guys are doing an amazing job! keep it up!

7. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Organic SEO
    Current Employee - Organic SEO

I have been working at LinkNow Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked here for around 7 years, and I have never been happier at a job. I have essentially worked in every department (aside from Design/Content), and in each department I have only had such a positive experience. I started off doing lead generation, and worked my way up to the Organic SEO department - there are many opportunities for advancement working for LinkNow.

Management everywhere is supportive - whether it be work related or even personal issues. I consider management, and coworkers here as my second family.

The owners show their employees their appreciation by throwing parties for every 1000 clients we attain, and holiday parties.

Linknow offers products for business owners for any budget to help them get the online exposure that they desire - the fact that we are able to provide actually provide a service that benefits people is something that I am proud to stand by.

AMAZING place to work !!!

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about LinkNow - other than we don't play enough Justin Timberlake :)

Advice to Management

Nothing! Management is amazing in every single department - extremely supportive of your work life, and also (from my own experience) supportive in your personal life.

8. "Amazing Experience and fun job!"

Current Employee - Lead Generator in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Lead Generator in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at LinkNow Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours it is a 9-5 job but it feels anything but that. Management is super supportive and wants the best and is understanding of personal issues and going ons in your life, they're also there to help you get better each time whenever you need them. There's always cash bonus everyday to do your best and walk away with some cash everyday! You can literally walk away with easy 50$ a day or more. The office is super kid friendly for those who have, the office has a foosball table TV Netflix Xbox wii u everything. Everyday there's free breakfast including coffee bananas oatmeal cereal the list goes on with how many pros there are! Also weekly pay!

Cons

The music can be loud at times. Being a lead generator can get monotonous repeating the same thing and making upwards of 400+ calls a day takes the energy out of you.

Advice to Management

Team meetings are great especially for new people to discuss strategies and get better at calls to really include everyone, otherwise teamwork is great and love it!

Jun 15, 2017 – Director of Operations

Thank you for the feedback, we are still working on the music volume so be sure to bring it to your manager if you find the volume excessive.

Eve M. from the LinkNow team

9. "Sales agent"

Pros

No pros what so ever

Cons

They mention to you and make it look absolutely like a well paid position. When its REALLY NOT!
    Do not work there you will hate it. Firat off, they tell you you will make approximetly 250$/day.
    impossible. Most of the clients you speak to will hang up on you. You will get one sale out of 500 calls. Which i didnt get. Youre paid minimum 11$/hour wage! Its the most terrible job experience ive ever worked at. Do not work there their ads on indeed will mention a salary of 100000$/year. Dont fall for it.

Advice to Management

Try to make the salary look more realistic!

Jun 15, 2017 – Director of Operations

Thank you for your feedback.

Just like anywhere else, some people can strive in a sales position and some are just not cut out for sales. As of today, we have a little over 9000 clients. Each and... More

10. "Some of the best sales training I have ever received."

Former Employee - Senior Website Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Website Consultant

I worked at LinkNow Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Friendly competitive environment
    - Primarily English speaking company
    - Exciting sales bonuses & games
    - Free Coffee , Teas , Cereal
    - best sales training

Cons

-Micromanagement ( get back on the phone )
    - call center vibe
    - low salary base