LinkedIn Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Consultant

4.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • In Customer Operations Bangalore maintaining work life balance is difficult (in 62 reviews)

• much bureaucracy, a lot of mediocre middle management (in 49 reviews)

1. "Overall, a fantastic company to work for"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I spent 2.5 years at LinkedIn and gained a tremendous amount of experience within that timeframe. The company has a realistic view of itself and is run by great leadership. The perks and benefits the company offers (at least in its San Francisco / Mountain View offices) are incredible.

Cons

The only negative that stands out in my mind about my work experience at LinkedIn is managerial politics. While the company supports growth, the decision making process for selecting leadership seems a bit broken and politicized, at least in the part of the organization I worked for (Talent Solutions). It didn't seem top performers were rewarded appropriately.

Advice to Management

Promote based on merit, and not to check diversity boxes.

2. "Best Tech Company on the globe"

Current Employee - Sales Productivity Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Productivity Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inclusive sales environment that is always looking forward. One of the most innovative companies on the planet.

Cons

Challenging to break out of the the B2B focus and create a consumer POV. It is good to focus on what you are good at but worth thinking about branching out.

Advice to Management

Focus on developing people and the skills of those people and the results will always follow. Don't let the pressure of the bottom line affect the investment you make to people development.

3. "Great Culture but work to be done in Chicago"

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LinkedIn's culture & benefits are beyond anything I experienced at previous companies. We have InDay and phenomenal service opportunities; however, it is hard to find time to enjoy those benefits with the demands of the job. It's a fast-paced environment, which makes everyday exciting. Leadership is strong and visible.

Cons

Change is to be expected, and you have to be comfortable with change to thrive here!

Limited opportunities outside of the global sales organization in Chicago. If you want to do other types of work, you will likely need to move to the Bay Area.

Products get launched quickly & are driven by engineering; sometimes product goes to market before they should. This is something being worked on, but still a major pain point.

Advice to Management

Offer more opportunities for "tours of duty" outside of sales in Chicago. This is a strong market for talent and the Bay Area is unappealing for re-location because of cost. You will continue to loose talent in the Midwest because of this.

"Overall Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Marketing Automation Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Automation Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Great benefits, great snacks, free lunch, flexible work hours, good culture, awesome talent/colleagues.

Cons

Rigid structure to career progression. Every business line is structured differently, and HR is not as helpful as one would like at a company with the size and reputation as LinkedIn.

Advice to Management

Reduce the unnecessary barriers to promotion -- make it based on merit, contributions and experience at LinkedIn, rather than time and tenure. Celebrate and reward your talent in order to retain it. It's not all about the sales team -- you've got non-quota-based employees that are the foundation of your company and product success.

5. "LinkedIn is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great work life balance, great culture, great perks, amazing CEO, vision for the company

Cons

the company continues to grow fast and does not have the same small scrappy entrepreneurial feeling it did a couple years ago. The other thing that happens when you grow fast is promote a bunch of people in to management roles with no previous experience.

Advice to Management

Some of the management is amazing, and some is not.

"WOW, I've always worked in large corporate environments, I never knew work could be this great!"

Current Employee - Strategic Product Consultant - Global Accounts in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture & Values......and they actually live and breathe them every day!

Cons

Fast growth and infrastructure isn't necessarily in place

"LinkedIn believes everyone can find their DREAM JOB- even their employees!!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Product Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruitment Product Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The word 'culture' is thrown around a lot these days... but I can honestly say I've never worked at a company that has a better culture than LinkedIn. Every employee, from senior leadership down, lives and breathes our VISION (Create economic opportunity for every individual), MISSION (Connect the worlds professionals to make them more productive and successful), CULTURE (Transformation, integrity, collaboration, humor, results) AND VALUES (Members first; relationships matter; be open, honest and constructive; demand excellence; take intelligent risks; act like an owner)!

In my opinion, having a 'dream job' means waking up every day excited to go to work. I feel that way at LinkedIn because of the people I work with and the opportunities that I have to positively impact the lives of professionals. I've never worked harder in my life, but I've never wanted to work so hard for a company. And the reason for that- LinkedIn provides the best environment for pursuing dream jobs!! Both internally and for the world's professionals. And I love it!!

Cons

Our company is in rapid growth mode- so there is not a ton of visibility across teams (yet)- which leads to duplication of efforts and an inconsistent external message (sometimes).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work :o) The management and leadership and LinkedIn inspire and motivate me everyday :)

8. "My experience at LinkedIn has been nothing but exceptional"

Current Employee - Recruitment Product Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Product Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LinkedIn is an unbelievable place to work. At this company, I truly believe that the leadership really wants to help people globally enhance their lives not only professionally but personally.

I started at LinkedIn almost 3 years ago before we went public and the company has done a great job of keeping a "start-up" environment. This can sound kind of cliche but it is fitting in this case.

Also, the people at LinkedIn are incredible. I never run across anyone that I just don't want to work with. Everyone is down to earth, smart and wants to make a difference. The company also gives you opportunities to do different things which is not always the case at other companies. Managers genuinely care about you as a person and what you are interested in, not just hitting the bottom line.

LinkedIn also strives for people to have a work life balance. Many companies say they do, because it is politically correct, but at the end of the day, LinkedIn delivers on this.

I can't say enough good things about the company and it is a wonderful place to work for people in all fields and experience levels.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative at LinkedIn

9. "I finally found my dream job!"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LinkedIn has the best culture, perks, support, benefits, teammates - and the list goes on! The leadership is incredible and our "members first" philosophy drives great decisions here.

Cons

too much opportunity to choose from :)

10. "Culture and Values Through and Through!"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At LinkedIn, values are not just words on papers but truly integrated into everything we think, say and do each and everyday at each level of the company. Many companies boast about work-life balance but very few actually make it happen, LinkedIn has been that and so much more! My favorite of it all? The InDays once a month when everyone in the office takes some time off work and come together to do something as a team.

Cons

I work in a regional office, and just as a lot of global companies (or companies on the path of globalization) work hard to find their foothold in the fine balance between giving direction, communicating that, and getting feedback from what works / what doesn't work in local markets - LinkedIn struggles with that too. Nonetheless, management IS trying to eliminate the invisible barriers as much as possible through surveys and frequent regional All-Hands meetings which does help to a certain extent!

Advice to Management

Senior execs care a lot about what's going on in every single overseas office outside of Mountain View which is great. But I am doubtful about how much of that "There is a lot of growth going on in the rest of the world" attitude and understanding is shared by majority of employees in HQ. Let them know that they have great value being part of the "mothership", growth markets would definitely benefit from their expertise!